Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676831 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.47)
« Reply #1695 on: September 07, 2020, 09:26:01 pm »
Yes, please provide both the full log (not just the error message lines) and the save file.

If you don't have the log anymore, a save will probably be enough.

UPDATE: my guess would be a broken OXCE installation:  .exe file from v6.5.3 but data files from v6.6
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:40:12 pm by Meridian »

Offline ghostknife

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 08, 2020, 01:19:37 am »
I see - that makes sense, as the last thing I did to the game before this happened was try to update to OXCE 6.6, which I couldn’t get to work.
Is 6.6 compatible with Twots 2.47?
If not, I will make sure all the OXCE files are 5.6.3 and see if that fixes it.
Thanks

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 08, 2020, 09:03:38 am »

Offline ghostknife

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 08, 2020, 03:38:56 pm »
You were right - I have rolled back all OXCE files to 6.5.3 and now it all works fine. 

Do you have any plans to make Twots 2.47 compatible with OXCE 6.6, or is that the end for now?

Is there some kind of warning for new users about this incompatability? When you go to the OXCE download page people are most likely to go straight for the latest 6.6 version and then run into problems.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 08, 2020, 04:11:21 pm »
Do you have any plans to make Twots 2.47 compatible with OXCE 6.6, or is that the end for now?

I'm not the mod author, but I assume Nord will update it sooner or later.

Is there some kind of warning for new users about this incompatability? When you go to the OXCE download page people are most likely to go straight for the latest 6.6 version and then run into problems.

TWoTS comes pre-packaged with OXCE v6.5.3, that's the best we can do.

OXCE cannot guarantee backwards-compatibility (with incorrect things that we are trying to fix) and at the same time help modders by validating the ruleset preventing errors and runtime crashes. It's one or another. Validation has a bigger priority and benefits in our eyes.

Mods also cannot guarantee future-compatibility with all OXCE versions, for the same reason.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:13:57 pm by Meridian »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 09, 2020, 03:45:33 am »
Sorry, my internet connection does not allow to download more than 3-4 MB at once, so i can not acquire newest OXCE. Maybe later.

Offline kanryu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 18, 2020, 12:34:45 am »
Hi everyone!, first of all i have to say that my english isn't my first language so i apologies if something doesn't make sense.

The thing is that i was playing TWOTS mod for several days in the OXCE 6.5.1 and it is a fantastic mod but i already experience 2 errors that crash my game  the first one was when i shoot down a very big alien ship i think it was the dreadnought , whenever i wanted to do the mission on the crashed USO i get a message saying a archive was not found and it closes my game so i decided to keep playing  and not doing that mission. The second one is a more recent one , i fought with to what it looked like a kraken-ish tipe of submarine (in the display picture it look like a mouth  and tentacles) and when i shooted down and wanted to do the mission the crash happen and in the message say this   "Alien deployment STR_HOR1 not found". i update it to OXCE 6.5.3 and the error persist, i got the 2.47 version of the mod. if anyone can help i would really apreciate it

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 21, 2020, 04:30:52 am »
The thing is that i was playing TWOTS mod for several days in the OXCE 6.5.1 and it is a fantastic mod but i already experience 2 errors that crash my game  the first one was when i shoot down a very big alien ship i think it was the dreadnought , whenever i wanted to do the mission on the crashed USO i get a message saying a archive was not found and it closes my game so i decided to keep playing  and not doing that mission.
Strange. No savegame left?
The second one is a more recent one , i fought with to what it looked like a kraken-ish tipe of submarine (in the display picture it look like a mouth  and tentacles) and when i shooted down and wanted to do the mission the crash happen and in the message say this   "Alien deployment STR_HOR1 not found". i update it to OXCE 6.5.3 and the error persist, i got the 2.47 version of the mod. if anyone can help i would really apreciate it
Yes, in OXCE 6.5.3 you can not shot down horrific creatures, only destroy it. Now you can ignore this mission, and i will fix it soon.

Also, to those who encounter crash at martian battleship mission, please replace this file in a mod.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eumy1q5r0wsa4oy/alienDeployments.rul/file

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 26, 2020, 09:49:55 pm »
After long break I decided to play again but getting error using OXCE 6.6.1 and mod not starting. Messages (same in log file):
Code: [Select]
[26-09-2020_21-41-53] [INFO] Scanning user mods in 'C:/Users/User/Documents/OpenXcom/'...
[26-09-2020_21-41-53] [ERROR] FileMap::mapExtResources(xcom1, UFO): external resources not found.
[26-09-2020_21-41-53] [INFO] Active mods:
[26-09-2020_21-41-53] [INFO] - xcom2 v1.0
[26-09-2020_21-41-53] [INFO] - TWoTS v2.47
[26-09-2020_21-41-54] [INFO] Loading rulesets...
[26-09-2020_21-41-57] [ERROR] Error processing 'DRONE_S_ARMOR' in armors: Item INV_BLANK_1X1_BELT not found
Error processing 'POWERZOMBIE_ARMOR_UC' in armors: Item STR_ZOMBIE_CORPSE not found
Error processing 'STR_WALKER2' in armors: Missing battle corpse item(s).
Error processing 'TURTLE_ARMOR' in armors: Item STR_COELACANTH_CORPSE not found
Something has changed in new OXCE? Should I move to old OXCE version?
P.S.
6.5.3 is working normal, the version higher, since 6.6 produce error what I mentioned here.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 09:56:20 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 27, 2020, 01:29:13 am »
New OXCE is more eager to find incorrect rulesets, this could crash during play in previous version.
Mod need update to work again.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 29, 2020, 01:55:03 pm »
Version 2.48 is up.
Changelog:
- Upgraded to OXCE 6.6.1;
- Fixed crash on martian battleship map;
- added wonderful orchestra music by zauberkraut.

Note: because of new music, the mod size has been drastically increased.

Special thanks to zauberkraut

Offline MeaslyTpod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.48)
« Reply #1706 on: September 29, 2020, 02:25:19 pm »
I appreciate the new update, yay.

Offline zauberkraut

• Squaddie
  • mod.io/members/zauberkraut
    • View Profile
    • My profile on mod.io
« Reply #1707 on: September 30, 2020, 02:36:14 pm »
Hello everybody! And thank you Nord for giving the soundtrack a home in the best TFTD mod of all time 8)

If you like it, give me a shout at https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,8606.0.html or https://openxcom.mod.io/orchestra-of-the-deep — any feedback is welcome!

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 02, 2020, 02:45:20 am »
Hey Nord, have you removed some zombie sprites from you mod? I mean when I played some early version on second level of colony some of my aquanauts wore ion armor and when turned to zombie their sprites looks cool - they still had armor but face changed with puke on it. But now all of them looks like standard drowned sprites. Mod or EXCE limitation and difficulties because of new 6.6.1 rule sets? Any plans bring it back?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 02, 2020, 09:19:08 am »
Hey Nord, have you removed some zombie sprites from you mod? I mean when I played some early version on second level of colony some of my aquanauts wore ion armor and when turned to zombie their sprites looks cool - they still had armor but face changed with puke on it. But now all of them looks like standard drowned sprites. Mod or EXCE limitation and difficulties because of new 6.6.1 rule sets? Any plans bring it back?
Not planned to remove anything. Maybe a bug, i'll check.