aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676612 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.36)
« Reply #1245 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:04 pm »
Is there a way to check my savefile to see if plot missions are progressing properly? I've researched Naga Society 6 months ago and haven't seen a single temple yet. Can shooting down scouts prevent them from spawning or something?

I also haven't captured any mutants and shore village missions have disappeared. How screwed am I? Cult of the Drowned God doesn't seem to affect game progression according to the in-game research tree viewer, is that correct?
Hard to say. You must not be able to miss a plot, but everything is possible in this world. Upload your save file and i will look into it.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 14, 2020, 07:48:25 pm »
Here's the latest save.

misterx

« Reply #1247 on: January 15, 2020, 11:56:10 am »
Why save file? Something i should to try in it?

Bo just to let you ser the detail i wrote above

Would you ever mind to consider implementing the concussion cannon from openxcom files? There is also an interesting idea about a map on an oil rig platform, check here

Would be nice also to expand the pirate cultura arsenal: the are supposed to use love firearms so soundn't be a problem add some more hardware; on the forum there are plenty of these. 6 or 7 piece might be fine? For instance i've attached an handful of sprites: a colt m4 and a  pulse rifle and pistol actually rather similar to the marine ones in the movie "alien 2"  taken from here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4983.msg72985.html#msg72985, I modified the shard craft cannon too and made an assault cannon (kinda doom2 chaingun ??? ) with relative ammo (suggested item size: 2x2). May be conceived as a light squad support weapon, a gas cannon/lancejet cannon update alike, with average range and phosphor and explosive slugs but only with snap and auto shots, x4 or x6 for instance. Might work both undersea and on land. Also a new gun concept and a reworked verison of the APS rifle, in case ypu would just add it

Other interesting addictions may be the scout dolphin from yrizoud (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3139.0.html) and  here: (the shark-thing seems quite nice, though)
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3934.msg88269.html#msg88269

Included mods of other authors: "Extended facilities" by Blank. "Moray" by tyran_nick. "Carharodons" by Xops. "More USO" by Blank. TFTD Alt Drills by pWWWa.
Swapped small and very small USO maps, so you dont need to use external mod.
Included new_civilian's TFTD patch.

These are included as for 2.36 version, do you plan to integrate other ones? For example the soldiers nationality flags featured in "the openxcom files"? (Screenshot taken from youtube)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 15, 2020, 01:27:53 pm »
Here's the latest save.
No, all just fine. Exact that research will spawn story mission, causing new race to meet you.
Bo just to let you ser the detail i wrote above

Would you ever mind to consider implementing the...
I never had intention to turn this mod into analogue of FMP for TFTD.
It has its own plot and own... How to say... Quantity of useless items tha can be put inside without making micromanagement of them use wast part of time. Eh, i think it is ugly phrase, sorry for my bad english.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 15, 2020, 01:44:04 pm »
You mean the old beacon?

The only new race I'm eager to meet are the goddamn lobsters. Haven't seen them at all this playthrough. Pretty sure lobster techincian is the only major research block I have left.  >:(

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 15, 2020, 02:28:04 pm »
You mean the old beacon?

The only new race I'm eager to meet are the goddamn lobsters. Haven't seen them at all this playthrough. Pretty sure lobster techincian is the only major research block I have left.  >:(
You can encounter lobstermen in any alien base. On the second stage
And beacon gives
Spoiler:
ancient dungeon, and then - freaks.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 15, 2020, 06:37:04 pm »
Also forget to mention new surface item - laser smg. As requested, 2x1 and can be wield one handed.

That's actually really beastly! Thanks!

misterx

« Reply #1252 on: January 15, 2020, 09:15:03 pm »
So tryed a bit 2.36 verisjn, i have some  thoughts to share:

1) laser weapons acquisition may lead also to an heavy laser, dont' you think?

2) cannot see why in 2038 akm, axe and flamethrower need days to be researched  :o

3) most weapon gained through the "special weapons acquisition" topic are pretty useless bebause the very limited range, aside the APS rifle. may these have some more range?

4) explosives should be renamed dynamite (because it's effectively that). It may unlock another topic "explosive licence acquisition".

Don't pretend the game to be "realistic" but some details may be adjusted :)

4) i got two entire crews massacrated but strangely manage to recover an USO because last acquanaut of my second team was able to kill last acquatoi that decided to play "hide and seek" instead to kill my last soldier  :o and in the end i got him
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:36:27 am by misterx »

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 15, 2020, 09:25:58 pm »
I would imagine finding a black market antiquarian that still sells AKMs in 2040s to be a pain, so maybe that's ok. Not like you have anything else to do with your scientists at that point, you get like 2 missions per month in the beginning.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 15, 2020, 09:35:48 pm »
I would imagine finding a black market antiquarian that still sells AKMs in 2040s to be a pain, so maybe that's ok. Not like you have anything else to do with your scientists at that point, you get like 2 missions per month in the beginning.
You underestimate its potential. :-) Dont forget that only 20 years left. Not a big deal really.
But you are right about research - it has been tested and balanced.

To misterx:
1. No. You need to research your own weapons, just as ufopedia says.
2. Look up.
3. Look no.1. and these ranges pretty close to real ones.
4. Happens.

misterx

« Reply #1255 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:39 pm »

Thge point is not about selling and buyng, but time needed to theresearch to be accomplished

To misterx:
[...]
4. Happens.

That's weird, i forgot to say i used oxce+ 6.3.4 a more recent version than the one provided with the mod.

Oh, my very last suggestin: since in TFTD is present the "magnetic navigation" tecnology, how about to have a "magnetic guns" wepaon tier? It may be the 3d and more powerful alien one, right after the sonic, i modified xracer wepon concept here and they are pretty cool, plus the desing mayfit well in the mod. Need only handobs and ammos, anyway have a look :) I attached also the doom 2016 pistol sound effect in .ogg format, may it be used? And those blackstone:aliens of gold guns are mandatory! I'ts a pity no mod featires those!

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 16, 2020, 01:46:02 pm »
You mean like gauss (i.e. magnetic) weapons the mod already has which are literally manufactured from magnetic navigation?

misterx

« Reply #1257 on: January 16, 2020, 01:54:21 pm »
You mean like gauss (i.e. magnetic) weapons the mod already has which are literally manufactured from magnetic navigation?

Actually i meant gauss may be a thing - pheraphs being renamed "rail wepons" and magnetic another one, just a justification to add more stuff  ;)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 16, 2020, 02:41:15 pm »
Gaus gun - is directly a common name of electromagnetic coil accelerator.

Offline andre2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 16, 2020, 11:22:02 pm »
Hi
Bug report (Ver 2.36):
The SHARD PISTOL has like two entities.
I could research it twice.
It is listed twice in USOpedia.
It has 2 entries in inventories on top of each other.

Also I cant get the nessecary research for T´Leth. Do I have to research a Lobster Man Commander twice?