aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 677134 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.35)
« Reply #1215 on: December 29, 2019, 01:59:21 am »
Could it be possible to buy the officers laser pistol after researching it in a future update?
Laser pistol? For what purpose? It is useless.

It has maybe one use: it's a tiny 1x2 weapon with a weight of 2 and no ammo clips. Any soldier carrying a heavy weapon with a short ammo supply could easily toss one of these somewhere into the inventory. Like carrying a knife, only with more range and less damage.

But also looking over its stats, I feel like it could use a small buff. The article declares it to be popular, but the carbine outperforms it in virtually every way. Its shot ranges, for example, are much shorter than other weapons in its class. It's also more expensive than the carbine.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 02:01:24 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 29, 2019, 08:10:20 am »
Ok, laser smg then?

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 31, 2019, 05:40:36 pm »
Hello.
I decided to try this during the holidays.

It seems fun so far, but I ran into a segfault. It triggers when the naked civilian man moves after ending the turn.

Since I am already commenting, I noticed that CQC is not enabled. This makes melee weapons less useful, as ranged weapons can be used at melee range with almost perfect accuracy.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 01, 2020, 05:01:07 pm »
It seems fun so far, but I ran into a segfault. It triggers when the naked civilian man moves after ending the turn.

OXCE 6.3 critical bug.
I will release a fix soon.

Edit: fixed, please upgrade to OXCE 6.3.1
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:37:51 pm by Meridian »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 03, 2020, 11:51:09 am »
Ok, a question:
what to add as self-defense laser weapon: compact laser smg or compact laser shotgun?

misterx

« Reply #1220 on: January 03, 2020, 11:57:01 am »
Ok, a question:
what to add as self-defense laser weapon: compact laser smg or compact laser shotgun?

...both?  :P

Offline CaptainMagicono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 05, 2020, 06:08:59 am »
So I built the Transmission Nexus over my Naval Control Center, and after being built I was still not seeing the extra information about alien subs and their mission/race, etc. I never built the 1x1 Transmission Resolver since I figured the Nexus was just an upgraded version. Also it seems like the function of the Naval Control Center is no longer functioning either after replacing it with the Nexus. Is this a bug? or did I do something wrong here? Do I need to first build a Resolver for the Nexus to work?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 05, 2020, 09:33:35 am »
Unclear, please provide save file.

Offline CaptainMagicono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 05, 2020, 07:42:55 pm »
Hopefully that works. Base "five" is the one with the Transmission Nexus. I did notice one single ship after I posted before actually showed the proper info, but it then immediately disappeared off radar like a second after. I looked at the "info for nerds" section of the facility and it said something about 2% detection chance or something, maybe that's the problem? It's just not 100% chance like in vanilla x-com transmission resolver?

Anyway, hopefully the save file will explain better.

Offline Unmadesoldier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 06, 2020, 04:02:14 am »
I'm not sure if this would make a ton of sense for the mod so here goes:

Terran plasma guns in the mod?

I know we have one already, but its really difficult to use. So perhaps we could eventually learn how to make them?

To unlock them you'd have to first research magnetic navigation and gauss technologies and then research alien cryogenics and ultradense materials.

Magnetic navigation and gauss technologies will allow for improved plasma generation/containment, ultradense materials and alien cryogenics would allow for improved plasma fuel storage and allow for the production of metastable metallic hydrogen which is very energy dense and could serve as the basis for terran plasma weaponry. Granted these are surface only weapons, and are not as effective as sonic weapons but they do a decent job.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 07, 2020, 11:35:45 am »
So I built the Transmission Nexus over my Naval Control Center, and after being built I was still not seeing the extra information about alien subs and their mission/race, etc. I never built the 1x1 Transmission Resolver since I figured the Nexus was just an upgraded version. Also it seems like the function of the Naval Control Center is no longer functioning either after replacing it with the Nexus. Is this a bug? or did I do something wrong here? Do I need to first build a Resolver for the Nexus to work?
Ok, seems like you need to build transmission resolver to see USO extras. Engine restriction, i think.
Function of nexus - maintain connection, watching USO detected when it leaves standart resolver radiuses.

P.S.: you dont need mod of swapping small and very small, it is allready in TWoTS.

Offline ShivaTheDeceased

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 08, 2020, 12:05:12 am »
Hello Nord and OXCE crew.

I just made an account to report a Segmentation Fault I started having yesterday. I think it has something to do with Jellymen research/ufopaedia entry, but not sure.

I was playing version 2.35f and OXCE 6.2. Today I updated to OXCE 6.3.3 and the fault is still happening. I've attached my log and most recent hard save.

Other than that, I've really enjoyed this mod so far, so thank you.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 08, 2020, 02:19:59 am »
On this screen we have option to make MC gifted guys:

But on this one, there is no option to do same:

So question - is this OXCE limitation or can we have same option here too? May be some ruleset changes in future releases?

Offline gaffer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 08, 2020, 06:10:53 am »
So this is my sixth attempt at beating this mod in Veteran Ironman and I have to say I have been really enjoying the mod, good job to everyone that has worked on, thanks for making it.
Happily concur with Magicono, am having a blast playing TwoTS.  I tried it some time back and began a game on Superhuman.  My first disturbance saw my rookie seamen surrounded by Hallucinoid which made short work of the team,  bringing down 2 of the horrors before they were nearly wiped, a single survivor.
A second attempt some weeks later resulted in an even gastlier scene with no kills and all hands lost.
I left the mod for a while to try Area51 and XCOM Files which I hadn't tried and eventually wanted to give this a second go, as TFTD always held a special place, bugs or not of the original.

This time on the latest release, I was fairing much better on Veteran Difficulty despite considerable losses and had a core group of developing Aquanauts. Had finally replaced the starting tech with Jet harpoons line of Weapons,
and laser tech alongside my mostly broad research as it is extensive and I couldn't help myself ::) Despite my generally better performance, the score didn't add up and at the end if May 2038 the Council pulled funding, bringing the war to an end.

Just started my 3rd attempt on Experienced and have to say, I'm very grateful to the developers of the mod, and OXC/OXCE team.  Really enjoying things and looking forward to future updates.

Again, thank you!
Maybe I can make it to 2039!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 08, 2020, 11:57:31 am »
I just made an account to report a Segmentation Fault I started having yesterday. I think it has something to do with Jellymen research/ufopaedia entry, but not sure.
I dont see any segfaults. Maybe i should do something to spawn it? Also - a lot of mods may cause conflict.

So question - is this OXCE limitation or can we have same option here too? May be some ruleset changes in future releases?
It is intended. You can start recruiting campaign to search gifted people. But you can not make the man gifted.