aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676860 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.29)
« Reply #1020 on: June 06, 2019, 06:13:36 pm »
Excuse me, 799 Time Units to use Aimed Shot on Scout Drone?

Not checked it yet as it correct on not, just want inform you immediately. Check save file.
P.S.
According wiki it has no weapon and it's power 0. But if it is, why then reticle present and one of the slots? May be is better remove it completely? This is 799 Time Units just confuse.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:43:53 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 07, 2019, 02:13:25 pm »
Please remove option spawn missions inside Alien colony radius. Not every time I have Barracuda researched. And even I have it, there is chance get shielded USO what will kill it instant.
It is impossible due to game engine.
Excuse me, 799 Time Units to use Aimed Shot on Scout Drone?
Not checked it yet as it correct on not, just want inform you immediately. Check save file.
P.S.
According wiki it has no weapon and it's power 0. But if it is, why then reticle present and one of the slots? May be is better remove it completely? This is 799 Time Units just confuse.
It is needed by game engine. You can just ignore this weapon.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 07, 2019, 10:44:32 pm »
It is impossible due to game engine.It is needed by game engine. You can just ignore this weapon.
Ok, then why underwater drone has no weapon, but has a sensor instead of it? Is it possible for underwater only? If not, I have suggestion make same for land and replace what exists now, but of course it's need be unlocked when Particle disturbance sensor has been researched too.
P.S.
Why some Naga has no weapon? I found them on medium or larger ships, 100% not panic or berserk. Screenshot and save file:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:30:56 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 13, 2019, 06:13:42 pm »
Version 2.30 is up. Look at modportal.
Changelog:
- Fixed MC Battlearmor special weapon;
- Added ALL units armor overview in USOPedia;
- Included wonderful pWWWa's "Alt Drills";
- Reworked some USOPedia pages;
- Improved russian texts;
- Minor fixes.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.30)
« Reply #1024 on: June 14, 2019, 10:24:12 am »
1/ metadata.yml should have

Code: [Select]
reservedSpace: 2

since you are using indices > 1000 for HANDOB.PCK

2/ This sprite doesn't exist (the bulletSprite index should be much smaller)

Code: [Select]
#Alien weapons
  - type: XARQUID_WEAPON
    bulletSprite: 203

Both 1/ and 2/ will be checked and enforced starting with oxce 5.5.1

3/ The ruleset validator found 148 issues... mostly typos, duplicate keys, non-existing properties and wrongly placed properties... most of it is relatively harmless, but should be corrected

More info about the validator here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6552.0.html
(don't forget to switch validation syntax from OXC to OXCE... somewhere in the plugin settings)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:32:04 am by Meridian »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 14, 2019, 10:50:52 am »
  That was... unexpected.
Thanks, i'll look.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 16, 2019, 06:20:07 pm »
Zero balance of mod. Unwinnable. Aliens has infinite MC attack range, you aquanauts hasn't. Impossible to get MC protected guys from beginning. As soon as terror missions and 2 stage missions begins, you forced to lose them because can't just resist MC attacks. Aborting them gives you big negative score. Monster attack, terror mission, include Antarctica base attack and Artifact site appears in one same month forcing you lose game in 2 next months due to negative score. Basic guided weapons with 2 points only has crappy accuracy, why they're just present in the game? I guess for mockery. No Navigators shows at all at beginning, so 0% progress in research and eventually losing game due to lack of tech. Alien implants are too rare to obtain. Magna pack explosives can't kill unarmored mutant or deep one even it landed just to their bare feet. Barracudas very fast losing armor, and repairs hell know how long when you need them just for protect you Tritons. Sonic manufacture tech not allow you manufacture ammo for pistols, rifles, etc. Seriously? 50% penalty for line of sight but aliens hasn't it. Balance.... no not heard about it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:41:35 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline wolwerin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 16, 2019, 11:12:28 pm »
Zero balance of mod. Unwinnable. Aliens has infinite MC attack range, you aquanauts hasn't. Impossible to get MC protected guys from beginning. As soon as terror missions and 2 stage missions begins, you forced to lose them because can't just resist MC attacks. Aborting them gives you big negative score. Monster attack, terror mission, include Antarctica base attack and Artifact site appears in one same month forcing you lose game in 2 next months due to negative score. Basic guided weapons with 2 points only has crappy accuracy, why they're just present in the game? I guess for mockery. No Navigators shows at all at beginning, so 0% progress in research and eventually losing game due to lack of tech. Alien implants are too rare to obtain. Magna pack explosives can't kill unarmored mutant or deep one even it landed just to their bare feet. Barracudas very fast losing armor, and repairs hell know how long when you need them just for protect you Tritons. Sonic manufacture tech not allow you manufacture ammo for pistols, rifles, etc. Seriously? 50% penalty for line of sight but aliens hasn't it. Balance.... no not heard about it.
Yesterday passed this mod. It is really difficult and sometimes difficult to find the right resource, but not to such an extent that it is directly impossible. But the game has smoke, which saves from many problems, there are drones and tanks that do not allow you to run out of the ship to your soldiers at MK When exploring protected Aquanauts from MK, no problems at all. Worms for study, you can kill drones and Tanks(but really long). There is a gas weapon that kills at the beginning and mid-game almost all easily, poyus laser weapons, plus there is a melee weapon that can kill even Lobstermen. Just with this weapon, you can safely pass the alien base (checked personally). For all game I didn't feel problems with their research was more than enough, I didn't investigate everything up to the end. To not withdraw in minus, with those missions where 2 level. You can always perform the first level and fly from the second, the rating will be in the black, and what was produced at the first level will fly with you to the base. There was always a penalty of 50% if the Aquanaut sees no purpose.(Just like in other mods). Again, there is Smoke that will Save us from the aliens.
And do not forget that this is a Mod that Complicates the game, and makes it more interesting this. And you can always find an approach and a solution to any mission, even the barge was taken with gas weapons.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 17, 2019, 12:40:38 am »
Well, congrats to you with finishing it. And I did blocking doors with drones and tanks, but aliens likes open the Triton doors and first (not Turtle) tanks usually not even survive one sonic shot. 50% weapons penalty may be ok, but why we have it on throwing too? Especially on flares what likes drops to you feet even you guys has more than 100 throwing accuracy.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 17, 2019, 06:07:48 am »
...And you can always find an approach and a solution to any mission, ...
Exactly.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 17, 2019, 04:16:10 pm »
Can you remove Tritons from sub pens in base defense mission and make that area clean like in original UFO? This would be nice, because sub pens contains not Tritons only and showing Tritons there every time is not correct. If you decide do it that should be mod on this forum what can help modify files.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 17, 2019, 05:24:11 pm »
Can you remove Tritons from sub pens in base defense mission and make that area clean like in original UFO? This would be nice, because sub pens contains not Tritons only and showing Tritons there every time is not correct. If you decide do it that should be mod on this forum what can help modify files.
I did not changed vanilla sub pens. In original game there was Tritons. Always. But i can remove them.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 17, 2019, 05:30:27 pm »
I did not changed vanilla sub pens. In original game there was Tritons. Always. But i can remove them.

I like the craft being shown. If it makes any difference, I vote against removal.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 17, 2019, 07:19:47 pm »
If it's not possible to change this map due to Triton, Poseidon etc ship limitation, is it possible:
1. Change exit tiles, so coward and whine players like me just abort it without risk be killed by reaction fire
2. Increase amount of tiles for same purposes
3. Initially place all units on tiles only
Thanks for you patience and answers

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1034 on: June 17, 2019, 09:08:25 pm »
If someone made other maps for the other vessels, it would be possible to spawn them with verticalLevels. But only if there was code to place the right vessel map based on Geoscape data.