Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676842 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.18)
« Reply #675 on: October 06, 2018, 01:57:20 pm »
So cruising missions generate no more negative points after the Treaty, yes?
No. You need to destroy all jellyman bases to stop acquire negative rating.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 06, 2018, 02:17:02 pm »
But won`t they generate more Jellyman-Bases? Or do they stop after the treaty?

In other words: What`s the treaty good for?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:29:06 pm by LouisdeFuines »

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 06, 2018, 03:39:48 pm »
Hi Nord :)

Spoiler:
The military base under attack in Antarctica has something missing: When you start the mission (after the missing briefing screen), the music should change to the standard terror site music, but instead it keeps playing whatever music you last heard. For example, if you loaded the game from the main menu, you would hear the main menu music during the whole mission. Please see attached save file. Also, please fix the hole in the rear of the Triton door. It's costing me valuable soldiers.  :'( Find the guy named 'Severin' in this mission, and make him crouch. Even though the door is closed, the Aliens outside will snipe him immediately.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 03:43:46 pm by long6oarder »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 06, 2018, 09:06:25 pm »
But won`t they generate more Jellyman-Bases? Or do they stop after the treaty?

In other words: What`s the treaty good for?
No new Jellyman bases will spawn after treaty. Also, you get new research.
Hi Nord :)

Spoiler:
The military base under attack in Antarctica has something missing: When you start the mission (after the missing briefing screen), the music should change to the standard terror site music, but instead it keeps playing whatever music you last heard. For example, if you loaded the game from the main menu, you would hear the main menu music during the whole mission. Please see attached save file. Also, please fix the hole in the rear of the Triton door. It's costing me valuable soldiers.  :'( Find the guy named 'Severin' in this mission, and make him crouch. Even though the door is closed, the Aliens outside will snipe him immediately.
Ok, will fix, thanks.

Offline Joe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 06, 2018, 10:11:41 pm »
Is this mod compatible with the X-com files mod? It looks really cool!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2018, 10:21:14 pm »
Is this mod compatible with the X-com files mod? It looks really cool!

No.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 06, 2018, 10:56:47 pm »
One bugreport from me too. My people can see through the 2 doors of the Leviathan and being seen.

Aliens shot my people through the closed doors (and vica-versa).

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 07, 2018, 04:57:51 am »
1. It's a bit strange to destroy jellyman colonies after peaceful treaty. How can they tolerate that and stay calm?
2. Also, I have to defend jellyman outposts from another aliens after the treaty. If I ignore the mission, with what nation I shall spoil relations?
Thanks

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 07, 2018, 07:44:07 am »
1. It's a bit strange to destroy jellyman colonies after peaceful treaty. How can they tolerate that and stay calm?
2. Also, I have to defend jellyman outposts from another aliens after the treaty. If I ignore the mission, with what nation I shall spoil relations?
Thanks
1. Game mechanics, sadly. You can think about them as rebels or extremists.
2. As any other mission, depends in which region this mission takes place.
One bugreport from me too. My people can see through the 2 doors of the Leviathan and being seen.

Aliens shot my people through the closed doors (and vica-versa).
I thinked it is allready fixed... Need to recheck.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 09, 2018, 10:22:42 pm »
How feasible is it to include the updated geoscape that I am seeing on Hobbes' Area 51 mod? It seems the common sense answer is that it would not be very easy because of all the terrain maps and how they might be need to be more intricately associated with certain areas of the globe. The same goes for mission types, etc, I would imagine.

But is it possible for this mod?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 10, 2018, 06:55:54 am »
Quite a problem, i think. Because UFO globe and TFTD globe are not the same.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 10, 2018, 05:12:27 pm »
I have two questions about starting concepts:

1. High Stun Concept
- what is this?
- is this OXCE shock indicator? because I don't see it defined... https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5360.msg98358.html#msg98358
- I also don't see any definition on armor with negative HP regeneration... how does this mechanic work?

2. Water Pressure Concept
- I assume taking damage per turn is done by environmental effects? "GULPGULP" and "GULPGULPGULP" correct? or is there something else?
- how is this "a downside to wearing armor" ? if you're wearing armor, you will be protected against this effect, no? so it is a downside of not wearing an armor... or am I missing something?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:14:53 pm by Meridian »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2018, 08:17:52 pm »
I have two questions about starting concepts:

1. High Stun Concept
- what is this?
- is this OXCE shock indicator? because I don't see it defined... https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5360.msg98358.html#msg98358
- I also don't see any definition on armor with negative HP regeneration... how does this mechanic work?

2. Water Pressure Concept
- I assume taking damage per turn is done by environmental effects? "GULPGULP" and "GULPGULPGULP" correct? or is there something else?
- how is this "a downside to wearing armor" ? if you're wearing armor, you will be protected against this effect, no? so it is a downside of not wearing an armor... or am I missing something?
1. Oh, thanks. will fix. Yes, you are right and i forget about this at all...
2. Yes, you are right again. But there is a misunderstanding between me and long6oarder in the spellcheck. Meaning of this - only down side of armor counts. I has found no way to count all sides simultaneously. I will fix description.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 11, 2018, 04:30:04 pm »
Yes, I am glad this came up because I forgot to ask about it as well.

I had thought that "down side" meant "disadvantage". Of course, my translation doesn't make sense, but I wrote it before I started playing the game. Since so many advancements in OXCE and this mod have taken place in the past year (the last time I really played any X-Com), I thought there was some new mechanic being implemented here that I just haven't seen yet.

Anyway, Nord, it sounds like you are trying to say that the underside of the armor is the only armor value that is considered when this effect is taking place. Is that right? And is the effect supposed to be that aquanauts eventually pass out from high water pressure while wearing the Aqua-lung armor? In the playthrough I just started, I did not experience this effect. I typically had at least one aquanauts wearing the Aqua-lung armor, but no one ever passed out in at least 20 underwater missions. Also, I am not sure that the -20 Stamina effect for the Aqua-lung armor is implemented either. (I really do like this armor, by the way)

Not directly related to this, I have seen the OXCE high stun indicator working recently (the purple number icon), but from stun grenades, etc, and again not from simply wearing the Aqua-lung armor for too long.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »
Not directly related to this, I have seen the OXCE high stun indicator working recently (the purple number icon), but from stun grenades, etc, and again not from simply wearing the Aqua-lung armor for too long.

That's also a terminology issue.

"High stun indicator" is that purple box indicator... works without modding and can be enabled/disabled in user settings.

What is described in that pedia article looks like the "Shock indicator"... which needs to be modded and is visible only when you are already stunned and lying unconscious on the ground... and have negative HP regen (usually caused by your stun level being a lot higher than your max HP).