aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676591 times)

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.17)
« Reply #510 on: September 04, 2018, 05:14:37 pm »
Hardly. :-)
1. Please, any hint. I met these creatures during terror mission in pack with highly defended freaks. I have no idea how to kill freaks fast. They can take 3-4 medical shots from sonic cannon and laugh. I've bravely ran away. Even more frightening than lobsters who like piercing and sleeping. If freaks with hellcrabs would attack my base that would be the end of the base. 2. Seemingly freaks can apply molecular control through the walls of closed Triton. My aquanauts cannot mentally attack what they don't see. Freaks can. 3. What's the sense in creating MC gifted aquanats. I have MCG aquanats with MC skill only 2 or 3. Also somehow I've got aquanauts without any implants with mc skill 20-40 who can harass simple aliens. 4. Is OXCE+ 4.0 compatible with TWOTS 2.17?
Thanks for the game and attention.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:02:54 pm by 5taras »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 04, 2018, 08:33:26 pm »
1. Please, any hint. I met these creatures during terror mission in pack with highly defended freaks. I have no idea how to kill freaks fast. They can take 3-4 medical shots from sonic cannon and laugh.
Concentrate fire, use autofire weapons. Use acid weapons against armored targets.
I've bravely ran away.
That's the result i wanted. :-D
2. Seemingly freaks can apply molecular control through the walls of closed Triton. My aquanauts cannot mentally attack what they don't see. Freaks can.
They are monsters. You are not. Improvize, adapt, overcome. :-)
3. What's the sense in creating MC gifted aquanats. I have MCG aquanats with MC skill only 2 or 3.
Gifted ones have better mc-strength. Mc-skill can be raised by training.
Also somehow I've got aquanauts without any implants with mc skill 20-40 who can harass simple aliens.
It is like in vanilla. They become implanted when you research proper tech/teach them in mc-lab.
4. Is OXCE+ 4.0 compatible with TWOTS 2.17?
What is OXCE+ 4.0 ? Current version is 3.10b as i know.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 04, 2018, 08:39:14 pm »
Use acid weapons against armored targets.   
Gifted ones have better mc-strength. Mc-skill can be raised by training.
1. You may find it funny but I don't have any acid weapons since I did not have a good chance to meet polyphs. They appeared in the beginning when I was not prepared at all. When I was prepared missions with polyphs simply did not appear. Where on Earth can one find acid weapons without polyphs? Eh
2. Carapace armor, plasma gun are added only for fun? Both are marginal seemingly in the mid-late game. May be, plasma gun is good against hellcrabs. I did not try it yet.
3. I changed TWOTS 2.16 to TWOTS 2.17 but names of already created cyborgs did not change. I should do it manually in my case?
4. How to control aliens? MC disruptor only ruins morale if I am not wrong.
Thanks for the answer.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:14:17 am by 5taras »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 05, 2018, 07:05:32 am »
1. If you have any jellymen base, you can search there. Otherway, you can use armor-piercing weapons, such as sniper rifles, ion guns, etc.
2. Mostly for fun, yes. And to make elerium useful.
And someone once asked about land-only armor.
3. Yes.
4. You need MC-Armor. It is equipped with special weapon - mc-controller.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 05, 2018, 10:07:11 pm »
4. You need MC-Armor. It is equipped with special weapon - mc-controller.
And to research mc-armor I need what? Capture oct alive? Reboot matrix? Compile gentoo?
Thanks for the answer
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:59:14 pm by 5taras »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 06, 2018, 07:36:31 am »
And to research mc-armor I need what? Capture oct alive? Reboot matrix? Compile gentoo?
Thanks for the answer
Capture alive mindworm.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 08, 2018, 12:04:52 am »
Capture alive mindworm.
1. I captured live mindworm. It told me only about MC disruptor and gladly died in lab. I have to capture the second live specimen? Not nice I gotta say. 2. There are UFOs that look like yellow circle on radar. What's sort of armor this UFO has? It does not like to go down if asked. Eve the small yellow ones. Pretty dangerous UFOs. 3. Carcharodon died on next turn after I applied MC disruptor several times. I think so. If he was not generated injured in downed UFO.
Thanks for the answer.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:48:30 pm by 5taras »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 08, 2018, 09:24:47 pm »
1. I captured live mindworm. It told me only about MC disruptor and gladly died in lab. I have to capture the second live specimen? Not nice I gotta say.
You also need to research live Freak or Oct.
2. There are UFOs that look like yellow circle on radar. What's sort of armor this UFO has? It does not like to go down if asked. Eve the small yellow ones. Pretty dangerous UFOs.
Yellow USO's similar to blue UFO's are shielded. Bring more firepower.
3. Carcharodon died on next turn after I applied MC disruptor several times. I think so. If he was not generated injured in downed UFO.
Thanks for the answer.
Disruptor causes no damage. Only moral loss. If you want to kill someone with MC, you need MC-focus.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 09, 2018, 05:02:47 am »
If I destroy an alien colony, what will happen to a guard UFO that left the colony to intercept my subs?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 09, 2018, 07:38:24 am »
Nothing. It will not react to this. Only new subs will not spawn.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2018, 06:43:01 pm »
1. After completion of any mission the loot arrives simultaneously to the base, unlike the transport sub. Could be changed for a more realistic behaviour. 2. Could after-mission of the transport ships corrected by the player? The transport ship chooses the shortest route. 3. Is it possible to add opportunity to send for missions only robots? 4. Could research be faster? I may be wrong. It seems to be longer than in vanilla game. Lots of topics to learn and I've already more than 6 alien colonies on Earth 5. What's the role of the floaters and nagas in the game? I found something about treaty and naga city in game files.
Thanks for attention.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 10, 2018, 08:13:36 pm »
1. After completion of any mission the loot arrives simultaneously to the base, unlike the transport sub. Could be changed for a more realistic behaviour. 2. Could after-mission of the transport ships corrected by the player? The transport ship chooses the shortest route. 3. Is it possible to add opportunity to send for missions only robots?
No. It is vanilla behavior.
4. Could research be faster? I may be wrong. It seems to be longer than in vanilla game. Lots of topics to learn and I've already more than 6 alien colonies on Earth
Vanilla research cost unchanged, but there is much more to research in mod.
5. What's the role of the floaters and nagas in the game? I found something about treaty and naga city in game files.
Thanks for attention.
Nagas are the part of main questline.
Floaters?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #522 on: September 10, 2018, 08:32:50 pm »
Floaters?

Why not? TFTD is the perfect game to have floaters in it!

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2018, 08:36:37 pm »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 10, 2018, 09:52:46 pm »