Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676494 times)

xcomfan

Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.48)
« Reply #1710 on: October 05, 2020, 10:19:01 am »
Dear Nord,

just tryng you mod and hell, it's far mor harder than xpiratex in the beginning! At the second difficultu level my crew on first mision was annihilated! Some small things:

1) mind to add soldiers flags nationalities?

2) In geoscape, there are some "dots" in the mediterranean sea that are not supposed to be

3)  pirates attack chargo ship is dysplaiend ont he gorund while in battlescape there is a boat in/on the sea. A quicksave is provided
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:21:49 pm by xcomfan »

xcomfan

« Reply #1711 on: October 05, 2020, 11:21:24 am »
(continued)

Again, accordin to the game it's an underwater missin, but  is dysplayed on the ground, seems that in 2.48 there are there are several bugs with geoscope. And im usin oxce 6.6.1

edit: the hallucinooid is immortal! It took several shots and did not go down! I retired from that mission, bu i recovered a coprse of it, strangely  :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 12:05:42 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 06, 2020, 03:15:54 am »
Yes, too hard mod. Weapons are locked and getting it is hard. And almost no protection from MC attacks, HWS is weak and falls fast. Its miracle if you pass 1 year of game time and not lose.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 06, 2020, 03:31:50 pm »
Dear Nord,

just tryng you mod and hell, it's far mor harder than xpiratex in the beginning! At the second difficultu level my crew on first mision was annihilated! Some small things:

1) mind to add soldiers flags nationalities?

2) In geoscape, there are some "dots" in the mediterranean sea that are not supposed to be

3)  pirates attack chargo ship is dysplaiend ont he gorund while in battlescape there is a boat in/on the sea. A quicksave is provided
1. Maybe... if i will be not too lazy.
2. Misfitting polygons of original TFTD globe.
3. Yes, it happens. I can not fix it, because all rules are correct (at least on my thought). No gameplay effect though, only cosmetical.

Offline Legacy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 06, 2020, 05:29:23 pm »
Yes, too hard mod. Weapons are locked and getting it is hard. And almost no protection from MC attacks, HWS is weak and falls fast. Its miracle if you pass 1 year of game time and not lose.
Yes it is very challenging early on, I found that I overcompensated with going all in on research and made up the gap pretty quickly once I could survive though.

The early game strategy I had the most success with was to rush research for gas cannons. Equip half to 75% with gas cannons and HE bolts, the rest with ADS rifles. The riflemen scout and spot for the gas cannons to bomb with indirect fire. Consider the riflemen expendable, anyone who survives a few missions may graduate to cannon-user. I recommend particle disturbance grenades, smoke grenades and flares too.

When you can, get thermal tasers and give each rifleman a taser too. Shouldn’t be too bad because with HE gas cannons the hallucinoid missions are almost a shooting gallery. They’re also a priority because you can’t manufacture drills, which makes drills largely useless since you won’t get enough of them to use really effectively

You may be tempted to get armor and I did enjoy the hard suit despite being underwater only but the early armor is generally too expensive to be worth it in my experience. Oh and if you want a tank get a gas cannon tank because the aqua jet doesn’t even spawn on land.

I also didn’t research church data bank so I could keep getting easy pirate missions to train troops on but this had consequences in my interception capability. I considered this a fair trade off since the mod uses USO components much more than vanilla and capturing downed USOs isn’t as good for that. It also kept my manufacturing free to make equipment. I believe I avoided researching mutants too far as well

Abort all polyp missions they are not worth it. Take one corpse if you can though

Even after surviving the initial game though I am still finding significant challenge in this mod. I actually have to diversify my tactics, adapt to situations, plan for missions, and sometimes even lose missions. I am really enjoying it

(continued)

Again, accordin to the game it's an underwater missin, but  is dysplayed on the ground, seems that in 2.48 there are there are several bugs with geoscope. And im usin oxce 6.6.1

edit: the hallucinooid is immortal! It took several shots and did not go down! I retired from that mission, bu i recovered a coprse of it, strangely  :(
Are you only using ADS rifles? Those won’t bring down a hallucinoid you’ll need explosives

Also edit with question for Nord, does this mod allow countries that signed a pact with the aliens to break that pact? Deciding on whether or not to bust a colony but it’s high risk for little reward if the countries nearby stay alien
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:35:09 pm by Legacy »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 07, 2020, 12:37:44 am »
Abort all polyp missions they are not worth it. Take one corpse if you can though

Polyps can only see 15 tiles. So they won't shoot further than that. As long as you have ADS rifles, just casually shoot them from a distance. Lots of firing skill xp for everybody. Only problem is you might have a bad starting location where you are surrounded. Preprimed dye grenades help, and you can gang up on a close 2x2 polyp with knives. In smoke polyps can see 9 tiles, beware of that.

Other things regarding difficulty:
This mod nerfs most guns compared to vanilla (no LoS penalty, limited range, accuracy fall off). However, the standard magna blast grenade is untouched.
You get them from the very first weapon research. You can have them preprimed in the inventory. You can throw them accuratly further than you can shoot your guns. There is no accuracy penalty for not seeing where you throw them (LoS penalty).
In vanilla early game, grenades are better than most guns. Since this mod has less powerful guns, grenades are even more superior to guns. If you complain about difficulty, you are just using the wrong tactics.
Also: original TFTD had broken dye grenades. OpenXcom TFTD fixed that.

Nerf suggestions for the grenades:
Add a no LoS penalty, reduce the throwing range (magna pack explosive is already changed to have a reduced range). OXCE also has an option "explode in inventory", so they explode when the timer runs out. This way you can't carry a bunch of them around preprimed. I am also a fan of changing the time unit cost of throwing and priming around. Less time to prime, more time cost to throw.
It is really a bit silly that you can throw a magna blast grenade farther (and more accurately) underwater than you can shoot your gun...

Offline Legacy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 07, 2020, 02:28:04 am »
Polyps can only see 15 tiles. So they won't shoot further than that. As long as you have ADS rifles, just casually shoot them from a distance. Lots of firing skill xp for everybody. Only problem is you might have a bad starting location where you are surrounded. Preprimed dye grenades help, and you can gang up on a close 2x2 polyp with knives. In smoke polyps can see 9 tiles, beware of that.

Other things regarding difficulty:
This mod nerfs most guns compared to vanilla (no LoS penalty, limited range, accuracy fall off). However, the standard magna blast grenade is untouched.
You get them from the very first weapon research. You can have them preprimed in the inventory. You can throw them accuratly further than you can shoot your guns. There is no accuracy penalty for not seeing where you throw them (LoS penalty).
Yes you can carefully snipe them out with ADS and smokescreen advance to do it all safely (if you spot them before they reaction fire with pinpoint accuracy and kill you, or you end your turn too close without seeing it) but this ends up making it a time consuming and dangerous mission all the same to kill a bunch of aliens that don’t drop any tech or provide any materials, when you can abort at a flat 0 which isn’t a penalty. The accuracy experience would be worth it if you’re better at keeping your aquanauts alive than me though I’ll give you that
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 02:29:56 am by Legacy »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: October 07, 2020, 12:38:55 pm »
Polyps are weak to fire, same for hallucinoids. Polyps needs to unlock acid weapons which (please correct me if I'm wrong) only effective on very late stage game against hell crabs. About gas cannons - yes they great against aquatoids but they require empty space on map. Land missions could be very dangerous, due to "no visible trajectory" or missing shots and potential hit you own aquanauts. I prefer rifles and laser on land against armored enemies. Proximity grenades could  works too in case if you got non MC controlling aliens and want stay in ship using coward tactics. But the main issue is MC weaknesses - there is no 100% protected guys like in classic game from beginning maximum is 40%, so they  all could be controlled and battle can turns against you easily. Getting implants is hard - because you need full clean colony or slow farm them by two or three if you managed  clean landed dreadnought or barge or some jelly men boats. Without it you have to block Triton exit with HWS or watch every aquanaut in you team swapping them and equip and unequip when needed. Oh and getting MC reader and live Navigator sometimes absolutely madness.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: October 10, 2020, 04:58:06 am »
Why recycling enhanced aquatoid require research live one instead of corpse? Not checked gilmen (armored) yet, because haven't meet them yet  but think you need live too? What the logic?
P.S.
Why Infector what already researched can't be transferred to ship and used as weapon? But it's possible to use it in New Battle menu. Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 04:20:06 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 11, 2020, 08:18:25 am »
Why recycling enhanced aquatoid require research live one instead of corpse? Not checked gilmen (armored) yet, because haven't meet them yet  but think you need live too? What the logic?
Because they have same bodies, but  different equipment. And equipment functionality can be researched on a live subject.
P.S.
Why Infector what already researched can't be transferred to ship and used as weapon? But it's possible to use it in New Battle menu. Am I missing something?
Infector produces hostile monsters. So it is too danger to use, as said in ufopedia. Inaccurate use of this organism can lead to contamination.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 11, 2020, 08:25:17 pm »
Thanks for reply. To tell the truth I want use infector to turn one of my new bought aquanaut to live proto calcinite. May second year but I got no corpse to unlock drills legit way. I managed sign pact with Jellymen so I have squeezers which just amazing against lobstermen even with some limited range.  With out I probably loss because hooks not so effective as melee weapon. Question - why advanced bionic armors has different colors on male and female? Just because gender difference or it may be small bug?

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 12, 2020, 01:27:39 pm »
Ok, the zombie armor still present in the game. Just lost my valuable guy :(

But it's looks very cool

And I have request: can we have some unique sprites for the other armors, expect an armored guys? It's really shows what Tentaculate ignores armor completely.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 24, 2020, 08:56:46 pm »
Sorry for 3rd post in row. Some cosmetic bug or feature of this USO design:

Missing floor in corner under red cursor and I think same for opposite site which  not shows because of angle of view. Save file just in case

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 01, 2020, 09:17:04 pm »
The RNG of mod sometimes absolutely awful. I haven't encounter single aquatoid ship since beginning, include terror missions on land. Gilmen, Nagas, and again.... Really? Already unlocked Sonic tech. Why the hell Gauss so hard to get, November and finally got alive guy. It's useless now only using him for magnetic arrays. Seriously, game script require some correction.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 07, 2020, 08:38:13 pm »
What the point had a message "Begin the mission?" when using Stingray interceptor? Is this because it's based on OXCE mechanics and require 2 pilots? Doing mission with 2 people only easy on very small USOs so every time I have to cancel it when sinking enemy USO with it. Have not tried Mako yet, but I think it might have same effect. Bug or feature?
P.S.
Answering myself - "crafts.rul" has string "allowLanding: true" in section STR_STINGER. I'm changing it to "false" to prevent lading with it. But still need answer from Nord because it could be planned or small mistake.
P.P.S.
Well, Stinger could actually land and 2 pilots could do a mission, this kinda weird but OK. In case if this is was designed it need some info in USOpedia regarding that fact. And I've found some hole on 2nd floor of level 1 T'Leth. Look at screenshot.

Save file attached.
P.P.P.S.
Game crashed on 2nd level of T'leth after I went to trap door on right side. Few my aquanauts get zombified. I killed zombies and tentaculat, second tentaculat became unconscious. After I used chainsaw to make hole in wall and after it I got strange invisible enemy mark on tentaculat corpse. I finished the turn and mod crashed. I can't reproduce it now again. Played on Ironman, so reloading game put me on beginning of 2nd level stage. I'm posting screenshot here, save file (I set Ironman mode off there) so you might try experiment yourself. The log file says something about invalid node on map:
Code: [Select]
[09-11-2020_23-56-50] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/LEVEL07.RMP Node #1 is outside map boundaries at X:20 Y:4 Z:0. Culling Node.
[09-11-2020_23-56-50] [INFO] Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/LEVEL07.RMP Node #2 is outside map boundaries at X:20 Y:3 Z:0. Culling Node.
[10-11-2020_00-08-03] [WARN] No free channels available
[10-11-2020_00-08-04] [WARN] No free channels available
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault.
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x5a9740 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::stackTrace(void*)
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x5aa5b0 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::crashDump(void*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x41c7f0 signalLogger(int)
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x994710 OpenXcom::UfopaediaStartState::think()
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x7ffd6f5cfcc0 _C_specific_handler
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x7ffd6f5e4680 _chkstk
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x7ffd6f543730 RtlWalkFrameChain
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x7ffd6f5e34e0 KiUserExceptionDispatcher
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x934b50 OpenXcom::Tile::getDangerous() const
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x4dd130 OpenXcom::AIModule::validTarget(OpenXcom::BattleUnit*, bool, bool) const
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x4dd350 OpenXcom::AIModule::countKnownTargets() const
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x4e5c70 OpenXcom::AIModule::think(OpenXcom::BattleAction*)
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x4f3ad0 OpenXcom::BattlescapeGame::handleAI(OpenXcom::BattleUnit*)
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x517990 OpenXcom::BattlescapeState::think()
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x5c1720 OpenXcom::Game::run()
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x41c950 SDL_main
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x996240 console_main
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x996360 WinMain
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] ??
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] ??
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x7ffd6f067960 BaseThreadInitThunk
[10-11-2020_00-14-18] [FATAL] 0x7ffd6f5aa250 RtlUserThreadStart
Screenshot to show where it happened, but again you have to try reproduce it yourself may be even in debug mode. If I can do it manually I'll post additional info here.

P.P.P.P.S.
Got it! Save file just before using chainsaw on the wall in front of me. Using it produce the crash.
Another P.S. =)
I don't know T'Leth related it or not but I got strange effects when played 3rd stage of it too. It seems what wearing advanced bionic armor produce very interesting issue: when aquanaut zombified by tentaculat, later, when this zombie killed and another tentaculat hatched the fall zombie corpse could auto revive because of armor health gain effect. Graphically it's missing on the battlefield but if it detected by friendly unit it's shows as invisible enemy. Saving game and reloading it shows live zombie again. But sometimes, not sure what this is chainsaw trigger it could produce the crash while corpse on the floor but already countered as revived.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 02:11:27 am by Shiroi Bara »