Author Topic: [ART REQUEST] Alien Habitat UFOPedia  (Read 2116 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
[ART REQUEST] Alien Habitat UFOPedia
« on: June 30, 2017, 11:44:08 pm »
I'm adding a UFOPedia entry for Alien Habitat. I want an image for the entry that isn't an obvious copy of anything already in the UFOPedia, but looks convincingly like it could have been present in the original game. It should look like something that could potentially represent an alien habitat, and not be directly copied from battlescape sprites or screenshots. If it uses an image that already existed in the game but is altered to be less recognizable, that can work.

There isn't a specific item in-game that counts as Alien Habitat, but I imagine it is those plant-filled sections of alien bases.

Complete artwork is of course what I want most from you guys, but any partial projects, drafts, ideas, suggestions on how to obtain art, suggestions how to draw it myself, and any other input are also very welcome! I have a bit of a talent for pixel art, it is the larger and higher-resolution images that confound me.

edit 24 July 2018: I am still interested in a habitat artwork, however I did come up with my own rudimentary design: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5966.0.html
Post any further comments in that thread, please.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:53:09 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [ART REQUEST]
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:23:02 am »
suggestions on how to obtain art

Google, Deviant Art ;)