aliens

Author Topic: can I edit the frequency of ufo appearances and terror missions?  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Shepuz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi!
Got this awesome remake/thingy thing today and absolutely loving it.. eexcept that it's kicking me in the balls harder than the ORIGINAL X-Com.. why? well.. I started a new game.. and right from the bat I had over 150 UFO appearances during the first month, a lot of them being medium to large size UFO's as well which I can't even hope to bring down with the regular interceptor with shitty starting weapons, and after the first ingame week I got the first terror mission with those damn floating discs (which take 20+ hits with the starting POS rifle to bring down). I think it's a bit.. too much at the very beginning of the game so is there any possible way to edit the settings for UFO and other missions regarding how frequently they appear? I mean.. chasing over 150 UFO's around during your first month is.. a bit too much for me, I like it to be a bit slower like in the original x-com where it gradually got worse as time passed.

Thanks lads.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: can I edit the frequency of ufo appearances and terror missions?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:30 am »
AFAIK, the Geoscape AI is not yet finished, so the UFOs will spawn mostly at random.

It will get [FIXED] before the 1.0 release, but as of now, this is the situation: the game is still in development :)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:37:16 am »
oh, that's a good point, are you using the git build of 0.5 or the current "official" version of 0.4.5

the difference being that in 0.4.5 they WERE randomly generated, and in 0.5 they do mission behaviour.

Offline Shepuz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »
I was using the 0.4.5 which I downloaded off the website.. and if they are randomly generated in 0.4.5 that would explain why an abductor class UFO parked itself next to my base after 1½ ingame weeks of playing.. going to wait for the 0.5 then, thanks lads.

Offline AndO3131

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 04:03:49 pm »
Advanced 0.5 beta can be found here
https://openxcom.org/index.php/downloads/git-builds/