aliens

Author Topic: Drages Weapon Sprite Collection  (Read 37311 times)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Drages Weapon Sprite Collection
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:38:15 pm »
Hey people of anti-aliens!!!

As i wrote here and there, i am collecting the various weapon tiers which fits to UFO visuals from all mods done until today, for UFO or TFTD. I collect them, get them together, repair/edit them, recolor them for other variations, making combinations and more.

I am looking for UFO style weapon branches, not "realistic" or "real" weapons. I don't like to have real weapons with real names on this kind of games, because most them are just same weapon with very little stats changed and for ultra early game as this is a Sci-Fi game.

I collected them to use at my mod but i am not sure when it will be released, because i mostly release something at late states, when it's enough to be playable. So for other modders sake, i wanted to make a topic for easy access for people who needs guns, lots of guns..

Every collection got 5 to 10 weapon types from pistols to cannons with all BIG-HAND-FLOOR images as sheets.

The finished collections are here:

-  Those 3 ballistics are steps for updates. The first one is replace for default starting guns and the other 2 are updates with 3 different ammo choices. (taken from Xeno Operations Mod from XOps who created nearly the best things for this game but then unseen for 1 year...)

-  First lasers are created for Aliens use. After long thoughts, i wanted to create plasma/laser hybrid visuals as laser weapons to aliens. Second group is for MiB guys, edited/recolored versions of default lasers with 3 different color and 2 different ammo types.. Third set is again from Xeno Operations Mod, with color variations and empty versions for weapon visual change script users (if the weapon is empty).

-  Gauss weapons with 3 and empty color variations. (From Gauss Arsenal Mod)

-  Pulse Weapons with 7 and empty color variations. (From Xeno Operations Mod)

-  Ion Weapons with 3 and empty color variations. (From Ion Weapons mod)

-  Projectiles and hit animations with many color variations to fit those weapon here i uploaded. Some created by me, some edited, some taken from other mods, all got with light, standard and heavy bullet versions.

-  Plasma weapon tier added with 1 color (finally) and 3 ammo variation (Xeno Operations Mod)

-  Alien uhmmm.. alien weapons added, weird looking ones but cool and real xeno style.. 5 color variations with big-small launchers and grenades.. (Xenoooo Mod)

I think, the ones left: Rail, Mass, Dart, Shock and sonic maybe... then melees and explosives will be handled.

I will add much more in near future.

Cya!

Some examples and download links are here.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:36:56 am by drages »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Drages Weapon Sprite Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:10:46 pm »
You sure are passionate about this :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 04:32:23 pm »
Nice collection there.

X-Com Files contain more guns than FMP, so loot away :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »
I always love seeing XOps' beautiful sprites passed around, even though he hasn't been around and developing the mod. :)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 04:48:58 pm »
Nice collection there.

X-Com Files contain more guns than FMP, so loot away :)

I just started :). I am a visualist so i need to have perfect visual things to work before i start.

You sure are passionate about this :)

I hope i don't lose it. I like to mod rather then playing it.. but this time, i plan to play after i finish. :)

I always love seeing XOps' beautiful sprites passed around, even though he hasn't been around and developing the mod. :)

His art is sick... i mean, if they would be an X-Com 3, he would able to make all the visuals by himself. But why did nobody using his very unique sprites.. weapons, armors, and specially UFO's... i mean does ufos are crazy.. even only the hull is maybe 10 times better then vanilla dull ufos.. i checked many mods but i did not see them anywhere else.. is there a reason for this? I am not a map maker, i never was, but i would like to work with those if i were.

And ohartenstein23, can you update your sprite changing script to be special per weapon.. i want to use an ammo type at more then one weapon to make the numbers lower (for players sake) but i can't for now as you said before.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:50:49 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 05:59:04 pm »
Both Dioxine and Solarius Scorch use bits of his spritework for their mods, even some of the tilesets.  The UFO exteriors are probably a bit too stylized for most people though.

I'll take a look at the script, and see what I can come up with.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 05:59:44 pm »
Both Dioxine and Solarius Scorch use bits of his spritework for their mods, even some of the tilesets.  The UFO exteriors are probably a bit too stylized for most people though.

I'll take a look at the script, and see what I can come up with.

Thank yu!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 06:00:19 pm »
I love these UFOs... But they're too good to be used on something random! So I'm still waiting.

(I might use them for Reptoids.)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 08:50:26 pm »
I'd love to see handob sets for these... my mod is currently stalled because of a lack of sprites...

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 08:58:11 pm »
I'd love to see handob sets for these... my mod is currently stalled because of a lack of sprites...

Those rar files got all the hand-floor-big images included, ready to use.

--- posts merged ---

Gauss, Pulse and Ion weapons added, including a projectile/hit animation collection.

----------------------------

Alien Xeno and Plasma weapons added.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:37:37 am by drages »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 12:49:16 pm »
I loved your weapon sprite collections.

The Gauss (I call the original TFTD gauss "Mags" because of their orb shaped magnetic plasma shots and a mod i was working on that will have Coilguns "references from LW2 the can fire AP and EM bullets" and Railguns) looks all okay.

I prefer some Gauss Mag Miniguns and Gauss Coil Miniguns.

Good job for making those. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah i forgot about the Pulse weapons and the others.

I like the Laser minigun. I recommend alien miniguns with plasma in it.
EDIT: Oh yes. I would like you to do a request of Gauss Coilgun conecepts and sprites including the bullets instead of orbs.

I will work on "rail" weapons soon. As i am not the original makers of this collection, i can't create something from 0.. so if you want to have different ammo styles, you can mix up with others. But probably rail weapons can be your answer..

Thank you!

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 11:39:19 pm »
I tried some HW recoloring for alien recovered units. Cyberdisc and Sectopod were always my nightmares so having them at our side or giving more fearsome versions to the enemy would be a good option..

I tried Falco's tools but i got a problem with cyberdisc.. any help about that?

Here is the example.. i can make more if needed or i am open for all critic or suggestions.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 12:55:10 am »
The sectopods seem neat, especially the steel one, but it's hard to tell through these wonky filters. Try disabling them before doing anything serious ;)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 01:44:00 am »
The sectopods seem neat, especially the steel one, but it's hard to tell through these wonky filters. Try disabling them before doing anything serious ;)

Good point. I worked on them more.. I gave more blacker colors to dark-disc.. I worked on Triscene from TFTD. I made some pixel and color editing, tongue when walking and some more bloody teeth. The ones i saw at FMD got bad quality, noisy color pixels, so i wanted to make a right one. Photoshop did not allow me to create a green one for no-actual reason.. but i am fighting for it..

Cyberdisk got some falling blue things on top of it.. don't know how to correct it. Any ideas?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:08:08 am by drages »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
Sectopod on the 3rd picture is nice.
Triscene on the 2nd picture needs some more love.
The rest is not so visually pleasing, yet.