Author Topic: (FMP ADD ON) FMP Weapon Revise Mod Project  (Read 2369 times)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(FMP ADD ON) FMP Weapon Revise Mod Project
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:23 am »
Hey people of xcom.

I think I handled all the coding stuff about weapons creation. I still did not get how to handle aliens with so many little images. Anyway there is enough enemy types at FMP already so I don't worry about it much.

I will collect all the best and fitting art styles and get them together. As a new mod I will make an add on for FMP with new alien arsenal with laser and maybe even sonic weapons. I will replace xcom laser and ballistic arts as well.

My plan is to create alien races with special weapon branches and Resistances. So I will make the damage type important rather then damage numbers.

I will connect some branches to mib too. I will make them important at research.

Now I try to decide which weapon branches will be given to aliens and mib. Aliens will have energy part as plasma and laser, mib can have gauss and advanced ballistic. I got ion, sonic and some another Sci-fi weapon branch graphics I can use.

Ion weapons are from  ion weapon mod for tftd and they look ultra cool so I want to give them aliens as their ultimate weapons over plasma. Sonic weapons could be used for ranged stun. Tftd dart weapons could be used somewhere but I still don't know.

FMP Covered most of my desires about a perfect xcom game with vanilla feel. For this reason, I am happy that I don't need to create huge amount of work for my plans. I just want to have much more richer alien arsenal because even we have tons of enemy types, alien weapons are very limited in numbers and damage types. MiB is a very nice addition but lack of research and importance in the game. The weapon visuals are nice but some of them are not my taste.

After I done with all the weapon images I planned to add, I will start to give them aliens and replace xcom ones.

As I said I got,

Ion weapons,
Tftd dart weapons,
Tftd sonic weapons,
Converted plasma weapons from awesome weapons mod,

To add to the FMP.

I will replace laser and ballistic weapon images too. Gauss and rail are enough cool but maybe could have some more variety.

I will share somemages when I got time.

Cya!

--- posts merged ---

Hey again.

I still work on sprites. I collected all branch wise, fitting weapons and now I am editing and making spritesheets with them. To be honest it is much more time consuming then I planned.

I will make much more complex mod then just visuals, but I will probably make a nearly full art based an add on mod too.

I will create 4 tier for aliens with laser and plasma weapons and MiB will have 2 ballistic tiers with laser support. Xcom will have 7 tier of weapons, including totally new starting ballistics. There will be explosive launchers, missiles, melee and stun weapons too.. All xcom weapons will have 3 kind of ammo per weapon with different powers. Enemy weapons will have different ammo too. For energy weapons, every weapon will have different colors changing with the ammo they have inside.

This means 20 weapon tiers less or more.. Every tier got 5 to 10 sometimes more weapon types, most of them got 3 ammo and matching colors for them.

I plan to finish them this weekend and upload here. So other mod makers probably will find good places to use those weapons here and there.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:03:07 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: (FMP ADD ON) FMP Weapon Revise Mod Project
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 09:11:41 pm »
The FMP has always been a community project (even if name only), so it's great to see a new creator taking initiative. I'm intrigued!

I'm attaching my latest version - it's basically 1.9.7, but with a fix for Battleships.