aliens

Author Topic: Finely Distilled Friendly Fire  (Read 2491 times)

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Finely Distilled Friendly Fire
« on: May 30, 2017, 12:07:37 am »
I was raiding a UFO and one of my gals takes a wound.  Nothing major, but I want ot heal her ASAP to avoid longer downtime.  I miss-click on the rum, end up clobbering her from behind, knocking her unconscious, and dealing additional fatal wounds.  Then I don't have enough TU to fully heal her until next turn.  I think I probably doubled her down time in the end.

Another fun miss-click happened while doing that cardinal sin of scouting with your last unit that has any TU left.  She stumbles upon a celatid, and instead of throwing the primed grenade in her hand, I clicked disarm, and she took a load of celatid spit full in the face on the enemy turn.  Luckily it only put her in the sickbay for a month or so instead of killing her.

Normally I'm pretty good with the grenades, but I've nearly bashed in heads with rum bottles more times than I'd like to admit.  Honestly, I don't know what's worse: that they picked ME for captain or that they actually follow my stupid orders.  I think the Star Gods breathed a little easier that day

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Finely Distilled Friendly Fire
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:50:38 pm »
Missclicks resulting in disarmed grenades are acceptable situations for reload.

Save everytime before throwing grenade!

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Finely Distilled Friendly Fire
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:58:20 pm »
Missclicks resulting in disarmed grenades are acceptable situations for reload.

Save everytime before throwing grenade!
I'm too lazy to check I'm selecting the right box, no way I'll start saving first, but thanks. If anything, these things just make me more sympathetic for Lt Gorman from Aliens. Us dumbass commanders need to stick together