Author Topic: [SUBMOD][UFO]UFO Vanilla Variants - Version 1.3 MCD Patch  (Read 24128 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: [SUBMOD][UFO]Darkened UFO Vanilla Variants - 1.2 Small Bug Fix
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 12:31:34 am »
They are shadows that where drawn on the Exterior wall tiles, i remember spending ages back in the day trying to minimise these as i thought it was a BUG, Since back in the day i use PCKVIEW to export and fix graphics ( as BMPs) i didnt see the that the shadows where drawn on the tile graphics becuase everythign was BLACK anyway.... Fast forward to now, MCDEDIT shows transparent blocks as Transparent so these SHADOWS now standout clear as day.

I removed the shadows from the Exterior wall tiles and re-saved them, fixed in 5 mins, i recommend you do the same on your master mod moving forward :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [SUBMOD][UFO]Darkened UFO Vanilla Variants - 1.2 Small Bug Fix
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 07:52:50 am »
They are shadows that where drawn on the Exterior wall tiles, i remember spending ages back in the day trying to minimise these as i thought it was a BUG, Since back in the day i use PCKVIEW to export and fix graphics ( as BMPs) i didnt see the that the shadows where drawn on the tile graphics becuase everythign was BLACK anyway.... Fast forward to now, MCDEDIT shows transparent blocks as Transparent so these SHADOWS now standout clear as day.

I removed the shadows from the Exterior wall tiles and re-saved them, fixed in 5 mins, i recommend you do the same on your master mod moving forward :)

Im imported the modified PNG sheet, you are right it looks a lot better now.
Goes into the new Version definitely, also into Hardmode Expansion.

I attached the modified PNG sheet here.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [SUBMOD][UFO]UFO Vanilla Variants - Version 1.3 MCD Patch
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 11:48:42 am »
UFO Vanilla Variants - UFOL83.MCD fix for new MCD patch check ,please enjoy.

Download Links UFO Vanilla Variants

Small Bugfix to make the Mod load correctly for for the new MCD patch check.

Please use newest Nightly, or at least Nightly Version: openxcom_git_master_2019_11_10_1731

Changelog:
Version 1.3:
   - Fix UFOL83.MCD for new MCD check patch