aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION][OXCE] BLOODHUNT - Vampire Hunter Overhaul  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile

Hello Openxcom people, so I've been working on making a vampire hunter overhaul. Essentially the idea will be that you are in charge of a small two person hunting group and you expand as you gain funding, steal from the vampires and other creatures of the night, sell their remains, artifacts and weaponry that you find in their lairs, and expand to become a global force and take down the masquerade. It's going to be fairly based on and inspired by the WORLD OF DARKNESS setting.

Unfortunately I'm mostly a coding and 3D guy and kinda suck at pixel art, but have worked with pixel art years ago.  So I'm probably going to struggle in the art department a bit.  Still getting together free resources and tools and guides that I can find for modding XCOM as my understanding of it is still quite rudimentary.  Although perhaps I could in theory take 3D models, animate them, and then use their parts for making the 2D sprites with an isometric camera view; sorta like how those D&D games do it.  But I think just drawing everything would be the more,  logical approach instead of doing EVERYTHING in 3D isometric shots.

Vampires will need to be incapacitated either via steaking, fire or guns before beheading them. Still not entirely sure how I'm going to handle making them only be around at night yet or how to make direct exposure to the sky when it's morning burn them and to make the AI avoid it.  But I'll work on that once I figure out how to- actually work on that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 08:25:50 pm by Teirdalin »

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION][OXCE] BLOODHUNT - Vampire Hunter Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 03:11:56 am »
ChatGPT is such a fantastic tool when it comes to trying to trial and error the longitude and latitude of various cities.
  Might not be perfect, but definitely coming along with filling out more cities.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:47:03 am by Teirdalin »

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 11:23:30 am »
Sounds exciting!
Best of luck with your project, and don't hesitate to ask questions. :)

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 03:44:15 pm »
Hey, mind if I use some assets from your mod? Love the corridors, jail and hq facilities as well as the car and helicopter.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 03:45:28 pm »
Hey, mind if I use some assets from your mod? Love the corridors, jail and hq facilities as well as the car and helicopter.

No problem. Many resources were made by other people anyway. :)

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 03:48:53 pm »
You don't by chance have some links or a download of public resources with the necessary credits by chance do you?  Because that would make life all sorts of easier.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 05:31:26 pm »
You don't by chance have some links or a download of public resources with the necessary credits by chance do you?  Because that would make life all sorts of easier.

All I know is included in the readme - there's a credits section, but also changelogs which are more specific. In case of questions PM me.