Author Topic: Option to run OXC on my second Monitor @ Fullscreen  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Option to run OXC on my second Monitor @ Fullscreen
« on: May 02, 2017, 10:21:55 am »
Hey everyone. I'm running a 24" 1080p G-Sync monitor as my primary and a nicer 27" 1440p monitor as my secondary. So I'd like an option to tell OpenXcom to run the game on fullscreen on my second monitor.

I can do the Projector option Windows+P, but I like watching stuff like Awesome Games Done Quick on the other monitor :)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Option to run OXC on my second Monitor @ Fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 06:46:55 am »
ok so this is a little fiddly but bare with me...

first, set the game to borderless windowed mode, and set the resolution to that of your secondary monitor - this can be done from the options menu in-game.
then, in your options.cfg file there is a setting for windowedModePositionX. This setting dictates where the window will initially open. Set this to the screen position relative to the top left corner of your primary display source, ie: if the desktop extends to the right of your main monitor and your main monitor is 1080p, set windowedModePositionX to 1920 (maybe 1921) or if it extends to the left, and your secondary display is 1440p, set it to -2560 (maybe -2561)
you may also need to play with windowedModePositionY but that should be fairly straightforward.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 06:57:30 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Option to run OXC on my second Monitor @ Fullscreen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 03:49:08 pm »
You can also do this in the nightlies now via the Set Window Position button in Options > Video (I believe you still need to restart the game each time for it take effect though, due to display fiddliness).