aliens

Author Topic: Trouble Installing  (Read 2361 times)

Offline spriksprak1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Trouble Installing
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:31:26 am »
Hi all,

First off apologies if I've missed something obvious but I'm a bit stumped hence the post.

I've not played piratez since build 98. Having downloaded and extracted the main file and copying over the core ufo files I booted it up via the exe. I initially got a typical xcom splash screen but enabled the mod in the options panel and it rebooted.

This is where I think something is going wrong since on rebooting it gives the the piratez splash and music (catchy btw!) but the mod doesn't seem to be fully enabled. The wording in the options screen is distinctly non-piratey as is the difficulty options on starting a new game (i.e. beginner, veteran, etc.)

Finally having started a game I can see the world map is a mix of the 'vanilla' locations like Russia and New York and the Piratez nations. The ui is also showing Bootypedia as the original ufopedia but has the correct (I think) research in it.

Are these design choices or is something wrong as I suspect? Anxious to see what's changed so any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Spriksprak

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble Installing
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:56:45 am »
Try changing the language to English (US) in options

Offline spriksprak1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble Installing