Author Topic: Cannot produce codex in manufacure ?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline YandrosTheMad

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Cannot produce codex in manufacure ?
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:44:37 pm »
Hello,

I'm in my first campain (and having a blast !) and completed the tiny drill research but now when i have to produce the codex via manufacture.

BUT I can't seem to add runts to work on the Codex (clicking on the up arrow does nothing)). The other productions work fine. I have the 30 needed runts and should be ok with the 30 workshop space.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

I'm attaching the save for testing purpose.

Thanks.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot produce codex in manufacure ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:52:23 pm »
No bug, you just didn't read the fine print on the extractor and the tiny drill manufacture project.  The project alone takes 30 space before you can start adding runts, so you need at least one extra manufacturing building to finish the project.  And don't cancel the project or you'll lose your tiny drill and menacing hull.  I'd suggest loading a save before you started the project if you have one and waiting until you have more workspace, or building a second extractor ASAP.

Offline YandrosTheMad

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 06:01:05 pm »
Oh okay, noob mistake.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply !

Offline Nygmus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:27 pm »
From personal experience, if you DID wind up cancelling the construction, the upside is that it's not all that difficult to figure out how to modify your savefile to add another Tiny Drill and Hull. Good luck, Captain!