Author Topic: XCOM 2-LONG WAR2  (Read 5880 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
XCOM 2-LONG WAR2
« on: April 20, 2017, 03:58:14 am »
Having finally got xcom2 to work a year after I bought it, turns out I needed windows 10 reinstalled, I have 2 points to ask on:

1. I'm in the middle of a campaign and started on veteran but find it's becoming less challenging, so I changed it to legend at the beginning of a mission, had no save from before the mission. I'm assuming the changes in alien stats, numbers and everything else won't apply until after this mission as the first two enemies I've encountered still have veteran hp.

2. For my next run through I wouldn't mind trying the mod long war 2 but need a bit of information/advice(see link below). I assume I just extract the files as below into Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/XComGame and overwrite as needed. Obviously making a back up copy of the entire XComGame folder first. Or do I extract the entire LW_Overhaul folder into the XComGame folder?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0byfiarj84hphx3/AAC1CPXODJhUZdgL__myQTFAa?dl=0

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:48:00 am by SIMON »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM 2-LONG WAR2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:57:16 pm »
2. For my next run through I wouldn't mind trying the mod long war 2 but need a bit of information/advice(see link below). I assume I just extract the files as below into Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/XCOM 2/XComGame and overwrite as needed. Obviously making a back up copy of the entire XComGame folder first. Or do I extract the entire LW_Overhaul folder into the XComGame folder?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0byfiarj84hphx3/AAC1CPXODJhUZdgL__myQTFAa?dl=0

Thanks in advance.

I think the location for the folder would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Mods, without the need to overwrite anything. Is there a particular reason why you don't use Steam to download LW2?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 04:34:16 pm »
No, I simply didn't know. However I've found this article on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845932067

Yep, that seems to have done it as it appears on start up screen ready to be selected, thanks again.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:16:09 pm »
No, I simply didn't know. However I've found this article on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845932067

Yep, that seems to have done it as it appears on start up screen ready to be selected, thanks again.

No problem.

I just switched back to vanilla XCOM 2 after some 400 hours of LW2, so if you need any tips let me know ;)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 01:57:07 am »
Obviously I'm not too familiar yet with XCOM 2 but the after mission report on my last mission, an alien facility, said one of my troops had been killed. However back onboard the Avenger all troops from that mission were alive. The only thing I can think of is that I had a Sectoid mind controlled and had my sharpshooter take him out before he evacuated. I've already learnt the hard way that evacuating when you have an active mind control breaks the link. Is that how the game handles these situations and regarding mind control is it the same as the first XCOM game that your chance=50% +/- the difference between your will power and your target?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:04:28 am »
I can't remember if mind controlled units count as friendly casualties, never got to psionics in LW2. I have no idea also of the actual mind control formula used :(

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 06:56:11 pm »
Currently in a heavily modified long war 2 game and found out it is much more difficult, had to go back down from Legend to Commander and then Veteran difficulty as I was being creamed. One question, however, are alien alloys and enemy corpses very difficult to get as it's holding back research, manufacture, proving ground projects and other things?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 12:29:28 am »
One question, however, are alien alloys and enemy corpses very difficult to get as it's holding back research, manufacture, proving ground projects and other things?

Yeah, you need alien corpses for most of the things you mentioned