aliens

Author Topic: The Endless war, A total conversion for Openxcom.  (Read 82212 times)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
Re: The Endless war, A total conversion for Openxcom.
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 01:56:34 am »
the file in your download link doesn't work.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 10:54:05 pm »
Hello:
Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been away. I just downloaded my mod, from the link, and it has done it with no problems. Uncompressed and working. If not, I'll upload it again.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 01:03:51 am »
I did three downloads on it, all three said they couldn't extract.

Offline Zyzyfer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 03:54:04 pm »
So tried your mod did x4 missions then i got some aliens that look liked superheros with capes??? they could mind control, used launchers and also good at melee (managed to kill one when it suicided by using its launcher on my tank at point blank range & the corpse said outsider soldier).
Those things are so OP; it single handedly took +15 hits with CR-12 Assault rifle + a minigun burst at point blank range (managed to sneak it in under smoke cover), and the shit still wont die.

In the end had to retreat back to transporter and abandon the mission. Lost my tank and half the team :(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:16:30 pm by Zyzyfer »

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 01:33:54 pm »
Well, it's a complicated mod. It is thought, to put the difficult things to the player. The research itself is difficult, too. Progress is difficult. However, if the difficulty is too much, I will take care of it.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 09:36:20 am »
Difficulty not much that hard, but balancing will be entirely needed

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline boy1der

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:40 am »
When trying to play the newest download im getting a finalmodpack error? how do i fix this? its saying it can open certain pngs

--- posts merged - Solarius Scorch ---

When trying to play the newest download im getting a finalmodpack error? how do i fix this? its saying it can open certain pngs

to be specific its the unstablesc.png in the finalmodpack ufopaedia resources
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:11:55 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 05:15:17 pm »
Alinare, your rar file is somehow corrupted, it can't be unpacked properly by any app I'm using.
I ran a full scan on it and seems like there is a virus inside the archive. I don't know if its at your PC or whatever platform you use for modding, or maybe because the upload caused the problem. Though looking forward playing the new version

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 05:23:12 pm »
Virus warning?  Yikes!  I'm not getting that, but I can't unpack the .rar file either... did you pack it up properly?  You can't use periods in file names if you're compressing them!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 05:42:42 pm »
I have extracted the archive just now without any problems (using WinRAR).

I have also scanned it using 3 different antivirus programs (Symantec EP, MS Defender and ESET NOD) and found no viruses.

Alinare, your rar file is somehow corrupted, it can't be unpacked properly by any app I'm using.
I ran a full scan on it and seems like there is a virus inside the archive. I don't know if its at your PC or whatever platform you use for modding, or maybe because the upload caused the problem. Though looking forward playing the new version

Can you at least provide a screenshot of the scan or a virus name before making such an accusation?

Virus warning?  Yikes!  I'm not getting that, but I can't unpack the .rar file either... did you pack it up properly?  You can't use periods in file names if you're compressing them!

Of course you can use periods :)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »
Using WinRar?  That's some oldschool software right there.  I'm using 7zip and it's telling me the file is borked.  I'll give WinRar a try though.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 05:57:43 pm »
Using WinRar?  That's some oldschool software right there.

WinRAR is still actively developed (more actively than 7zip in my opinion) and is also more dependable than 7zip (judging only by my experience, no benchmarks).
The only disadvantage is that it's not free... but I'll gladly pay for something I am using daily.

PS:
winrar last non-beta update: 14 August 2017
7zip last non-beta update: 2016-10-04

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 06:07:51 pm »
Worked using WinRar.

Your file structure is a mess, lol.  Nice selection of stuff though, good scavving material!

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 10:08:01 pm »
Hello:
Yes, I recognize that the structure of my mod is somewhat chaotic. It has so many folders and files, because I'm using some as template or template for the next one. For example, if I need a new weapon, copy one that I know is going well, and modify it. And so on. I then review the research, the manufacturing if necessary and modify it, testing each mod separately. Some can be chaotic and I understand. I tried to do it in a few files but between what little I knew when I started three long years ago, I made mistakes constantly. What of battlefield maps and UFOs taken from other mods, is because I can not do my own. I tried, but I find it impossible, although surely has no difficulty. My English may have errors. I already explained that I chose this language so that more people could enjoy it, since I am Spanish-speaking. I do not have any viruses that I know of, and the file in rar does not seem to contain any. However, if there is a problem, I will stop uploading new versions until solved. And as I explained, the reason for doing this mod, was due to the Piratez of Dioxine. I was fascinated by its breadth and all that can be done, and I decided to try my luck. The Endless War, tries to unite and include everything that has been important in the original game, and its continuations, such as Biomass. Also, I decided to include things totally alien, I recognize, as a kind of Steel Brotherhood, but I was attracted to the idea of expanding the mod with new enemies. I think it gives you depth, but it's only my opinion. I wanted to create a world as realistic as possible, if an alien invasion, for something like that. I imagined the suffering, the fear, the abandonment of the people. I am an amateur writer besides, and maybe, I got carried away by some issues. Anyway. I will solve the problems little by little. I may have been carried away by enthusiasm and embraced more than I could.
I am sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused some, so complex. I will try to improve the structure of the mod, but I have already got used to working this way.
I forgot to add, I compressed it with the latest version of winrar, with all the mods activated, because I recognize that doing it one by one, can despair anyone. It took me about half an hour to do it myself. So, just unzip and run the exe. When I modify something, I recompress it and so on all the time. Use sprites of other mods, for human or alien characters, for the same reason as UFO maps and the battlefield. I have not been able to create one that looks good. As an example, the Mongorns, or the Andromedon, inspired by XCOM, do not just convince me, the truth. With those of the units of terror and the invaluable help of the page of falco, I think that was called the author, the OXC Modtools, I find it much easier. In any case, I have never tried to appropriate the work of anyone, quite the contrary. There are sprites of the War of the Shadows, appearing abandoned, and other mods, such as the Xenops. Their UFOs inevitably attracted me.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:29:57 pm by alinare »