aliens

Author Topic: [ARMOR] UfoExtender Stack Armor Production  (Read 2275 times)

Offline ArivaldH

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[ARMOR] UfoExtender Stack Armor Production
« on: March 14, 2017, 07:33:32 pm »
Hello,

I have created a little ruleset that mimicks Stack Armor Production from UfoExtender.

What does it change:
- Decreases manufacturing time of Power Suit and Flying suit (to 400h, and 600h) respectively.
- Decreases manufacturing cost of Power Suit and Flying suit (to 20 000 credits).
- Decreases manufacturing substrates (but keeps the overall cost of Armors identical), but each next armor requires the previous one (Power Suit requires Personal Armor as input).
- Overall construction of Armors will take a little more time, and a little more credits (same resources), but will be upgradeable.

My reasoning is that:
- Personal Armors manufacturing requirements are clearly "stacked" in the original game (or at least  that's my opinion).
- I liked the idea in the UfoExtender.

Overall it shouldn't break the balance (since it will take a little longer to make a Flying Suit) but overall one would be able to create Power Suit/Flying Suits from old "unused" armors.

I welcome your input and ideas.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [ARMOR] UfoExtender Stack Armor Production
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:52:27 pm »
Thats a great little mod.  The XPirateZ armor system uses alot of the same sort of thing.  One thing you may want to consider, is creating parallel armor manufacturing projects that allow you to create power armor or the flying suit directly from raw resources (without the intermediary suits) but with the full newer cost of raw materials, cash, and time.  I have a mod for PirateZ that does this and I name the Projects with an asterisk in front, ie. *Flying Suit.   Just a consideration.

Offline ArivaldH

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] UfoExtender Stack Armor Production
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:49 am »
That's a great idea. I'll update the ruleset :)