aliens

Author Topic: Where did openxcom.com go?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Where did openxcom.com go?
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:09:04 am »
Website seems offline. Anyone else noticed? Anyone know why?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Where did openxcom.com go?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:42:34 am »
You do realize that there's a big thread for the mod portal, right?
Not to mention this has already been discussed there.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:38:27 am »
I would assume he didn't realize, seeing as how he started this thread asking. But who knows, maybe he just wanted to drive you crazy by taking up some more of that preciously limited space on the internet.  ;)

Lion66six, the thread on this topic is here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1835.90.html

The mod portal has a history of not functioning correctly and being unreliable. Many have complained about it and most mods use other sources to share their files. It's a shame because I know when I started playing OXC, the mod portal was what really caught my eye showing me a lot of the cool things that could be customized. The forums work well for explanations and discussion, but not as an "advertisement" as older mods will just get buried and mixed in with everything else.

Anyway, "Jo5hua" posted in that thread yesterday that the site was back online, but it doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:23:38 am by Countdown »

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:50:01 pm »
Not enough coffee yesterday to link openxcom.com with the modsite portal. Thanks all

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 01:08:30 am »
Not enough coffee yesterday to link openxcom.com with the modsite portal. Thanks all

Yeah, this I can understand. :D

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 01:39:46 am »
I would assume he didn't realize, seeing as how he started this thread asking. But who knows, maybe he just wanted to drive you crazy by taking up some more of that preciously limited space on the internet.  ;)

I think you used more than your allotted characters when posting this message. You will need now to refrain from posting anything on the whole internet for the next 48 hours, otherwise the network will crash and send the world into a new Dark Age ;)