Author Topic: Help me git gud, question thread  (Read 77786 times)

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Help me git gud, question thread
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2017, 12:40:44 pm »
I'm doing a cleanup pass each month. But with this article, what am I supposed to do? Trying to explain everything precisely is impossible, especially with such limited space. Removing it also is not an option.
Just saying if the 60 damage is the base damage, damage with bonuses, or real damage dealt.
It is just that in my case it is confusing sometimes. Not just the #006 article or the #023. It is not meant as nagging, I was just trying to get more info so I could get better.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2017, 01:32:28 pm »
I guess it's base-dmg.

Remember, that everything that does health-dmg (the roll calls "hit") will chip away a portion of armor.
You can count on most chem and all plasma weapons to defeat armor while laser ignores 1/3 of all armor.

Trial and error mate.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2017, 01:48:57 pm »
I guess it's base-dmg.

Remember, that everything that does health-dmg (the roll calls "hit") will chip away a portion of armor.
You can count on most chem and all plasma weapons to defeat armor while laser ignores 1/3 of all armor.

Trial and error mate.

Trial and error... I dont have a way to check the armor of enemy yet...... I can do that on my gals though, I guess. It's time for a little S&M session. Thanks for the idea. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2017, 01:52:31 pm »
I dont have a way to check the armor of enemy yet......

Brainer outfit.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2017, 01:54:05 pm »
Brainer outfit.
Oh forgot about that one, thought the closest thing would something with the mind probe. Thanks as well.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2017, 02:16:32 pm »
Oh forgot about that one, thought the closest thing would something with the mind probe. Thanks as well.

Take mindprobe if you got one.
Brainer outfit handicaps too much with the small squadsize and mindprobe needs no line of sight.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2017, 03:05:30 pm »
I didn't mean to upset you Dioxine, I did not realize you checked that often. Once a month is quite impressive. And only the Poison dagger really needs an alteration. #006 is fine as is IMO.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2017, 03:28:57 pm »
Brainer outfit.

Is there any plans for an improved version of the brainer outfit?
Maybe something familiar to a Hazmat Suit that protects really good against chem/fire but further decreases your sight and mobility?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:53 pm »
There are plans ('voidskin'), but new armors don't just appear out of thin air. I won't be doing them in the close future, there's a lot of other pressing matters.

I didn't mean to upset you Dioxine, I did not realize you checked that often.

It's 800kb of text. I cannot find every bug, so I welcome any suggestions of fixing obviously erroneous information.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:32:20 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2017, 11:49:33 am »
Man I feel so dumb for finally asking this. I've been having a hell of a time adjusting to the new early game since the changes that brought the airbus and so on into the game, and I really don't know if this is me not getting enough coverage fast enough somehow or if I'm just mismanaging research horrifically badly. It always feels like my score starts dipping horrifically because of too heavy activity in areas either I can't reach or I can't see in yet...

Anyone have any advice for someone still stuck in the starter Bonaventura era mentally?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2017, 12:20:00 pm »
What I have encountered so far (starting base on kangaroo-island):

My January gave me 3 academy landing sites with the nurses only. So far so good. Later in the same month 1x Ratman Rodeo, 1x Lokk'nar village and one Pogrom spawned.
I had the absolute basic equipment at hand and decided to ignore all 3 missions due to extremely slim chances of success.

I got so much negative credit that my score dropped to -600 and I got warned.
The next month I couldn't produce anything (the -600 gave me no bonus money to cover my maintance) and couldn't reach any spawned mission due to the airbus small range.
The one saving grace was a watchtower I could reach and thus saving my score and skin with this one single mission.

Dunno what's wrong with the early score-drops, thought it got fixed in the latest patch.

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2017, 12:30:56 pm »
I really don't know, I had a similar experience with my first month too, a few landings I took care of well followed by a progrom early in the next month, though I jumped at the chance to get good guns and did the progrom. That actually went pretty well for me all things considered.

I had to pass on a tower and a rodeo in south america after that, and I hit some ships to close off month 2. But I got like a negative 200 score at the end. Next month was more eventful and I did more research and actually got to do a few landings and other things, but my score dipped to -400.

Then I had a super eventful and nice month and took out like, a church, two warehouses, a rodeo, a humanist ship and another progrom. ... -900 and I'm warned.

Looking in my save there was like 1000 or so points worth of activity in australia I couldn't do anything about, and a lot all the way down south in africa. I barely got an UNARMED ship that can reach most spots on the map from europe by then. I have no idea if I was supposed to do things differently or if I just got fucked by RNG.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2017, 12:37:28 pm »
This problem happened in an earlier version of the mod and looks like it just came back.
To advance the game, you either fix your score for your save-file or swap the warning from 'true' to 'false'

If you add to many score, you get too much free money tho.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »
I understand the Pogrom, but why skip the other two missions? I see no reason to.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2017, 02:44:59 pm »
1: Jack Sparrow Difficulty
2: Ninja Gals have camo and better guns. I couldn't reach the place before night (and actually not at all due to fuel cap)
3: Can't deal with the ratman at night either.

I have the following suggestions:
1. Somewhere on the planet I got screwed and can't do shit about.
2. Why should I lose points (about 500 each) for not doing Lokk'nar and Ratman Rodeo.

At the very first month this shouldn't influence my score at all, those 30 days are mostly scarce in events and I managed to beat 3 academy airbus with no casualty and 2-3 captives each go.
I did like 6 research topics with 2 brainers and still got fucked by random score-penalty.

We're fucking pirates, not X-Com
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:25:44 pm by Ethereal_Medic »