aliens

Author Topic: Help me git gud, question thread  (Read 77523 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Help me git gud, question thread
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:20 pm »
Depends on what you're using it for - it's not really the most powerful piercing gun you'll ever get, especially once you get the Gauss research fixed from a new version.  It's kind slow and lacks autofire, but it does have pretty significant firepower while not being so good that it'll one-hit your gals in power armor, just in case the 37 mm rifle gal gets MC'd.  Wait until you complete more research, then evaluate the guns you have available.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2017, 10:08:21 pm »
One of my girls got Mcd, and shot a harbinger girl with 80HP in the front, one shot killing her

Even a sniper gauss has like 85 damage or something, but 37MM has like 120 or something. Also I'm using F3 but I think the gauss and plasma research is still broken, the only thing I still need to reach Cydonia is the star god codes and then onto the ship I need to build, and the only plasma gun I've unlocked is a light plasma gun. I've interrogated the mercs and star gods, got all the other cydonia codes and done pretty much all the other available research, even unlocked gauss and plasma defenses but it still didnt become available sadly.

I think the 37MM should be fine, it has like 100% snap shot damage and can be snapshotted right after equipping it from my inventory. It also makes short work of everything I've fought so far. I think heavy plasma autofire probably does more damage at close range but I cant have that and I think 37MM rifle is probably good enough. Guess I just need to keep looking for smuggler ships til I get lucky now and can finish the game

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »
Harbinger's the issue there, vulnerable to piercing damage.  For a snapshot weapon, looted Gauss muskets and Battle Lasers are on par if not better (faster firing), and not quite so damn heavy; sure there aren't many rifles that do 100 damage, but you pay a price with low fire rate and massive inventory space and weight cost.  I'd say give it to a gal or two, but don't make it standard-issue.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2017, 01:24:34 am »
It truly is a hassle, but sadly I havent found anything better. I still cant use gauss weapons, the light plasma rifle doesnt put out anywhere near as much damage, the python doesnt usually kill outright either, costs even more TU to use, and the aimed shot of the 37mm is the most accurate weapon I've got apparently. The snapshots are insanely accurate too, I can take 2 snapshots if I don't move too much, or a single aimed shot if I really need to hit or if I'm shooting over a very long distance. I'd like something better, but nothing else I've found so far compares to it

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2017, 01:06:03 am »
Is there an easier way to get synthmuscle meshes than waiting for mercs to appear?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2017, 04:15:44 pm »
Merc are the only source of synth muscle mesh as far as I know.  If you are desperate, cheat in a Merc Base building wave in your monthly missions in the save file.  Let them build a base then milk the supply runs.  Otherwise, per game design, its all just RNG.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »
Awww, wish there was a bit less grinding XD

Well, it's gonna take me a while to make all the fuel cells for this conqueror anyway, and I'd like to train a full team of 50+ psi strength peeps with max TU and decent reactions before I go since I play ironman and don't wanna leave it to chance

Offline Elemiach

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2017, 10:02:39 pm »
random weapon deterioration - is this a thing? Game is not clear about that and I cannot find any information on it. From time to time I keep losing "solid" items like for example cattle prods or just recently my hard earned gyro auto gun. I am of course not talking about limited use items or item destruction.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »
random weapon deterioration - is this a thing? Game is not clear about that and I cannot find any information on it. From time to time I keep losing "solid" items like for example cattle prods or just recently my hard earned gyro auto gun. I am of course not talking about limited use items or item destruction.

The only gun that really deteriorates is (to my knowledge) the flechette gun. If you lose other items, then it's for a different reason, like for example by actually losing them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2017, 12:43:41 am »
Lost weapon can be:
- Lost with a ship
- Lost due to explosion
- Lost due to evacuation, leaving dead companions with their equipment
- Lost due to being used in manufacturing project
- On one of your ships, where it was loaded and forgotten
- Accidentally sold in the 'Storage Space Exceeded!' prompt - it shows all your stuff at base, including items inside ships

Offline Crazy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2017, 07:41:55 pm »
The only gun that really deteriorates is (to my knowledge) the flechette gun. If you lose other items, then it's for a different reason, like for example by actually losing them.
The Flechette Multicannon actually deteriorates as well. Which sucks because it's really powerful, and it's actually really rare- I literally have gotten 13 Blaster Launchers for every Flechette Multicannon that I've looted. It's up there with the UAC BFG, which I've never seen or had a chance to loot, the Plasma Eliminator, which again I've never seen, or the Marsec line of weapons, which I don't think have been added to the game proper yet. Oh yeah, and the Homing RPG and the Space Rangers Jaeger Carbine, I've never seen those either.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2017, 08:01:31 pm »
Multicannons are somewhat common in the hands of waspites and stargod guardians. If you target lesser stargod craft like fighters you will find quite a few. Larger stargods ships will take a higher percentage of foes with inbuilt attacks like cyclopes and regular stargods, while also add blaster launchers into the mix for any waspites and guardians you do encounter. You are both reducing the loot pool size as well increasing the pool options by targeting large craft.

I've seen the carbine 2-3 times,again small craft, this time mercs. Large craft seem do distort the pool. Though in this case i suspect a space ranger "subfaction" is in play because the times i have found space ranger guns the spawns where abnormal compered every other merc spawn.

Others you mention big fat nada. Heavy Marsec is indeed not implemented yet.

Offline desert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2017, 12:05:16 am »
In the early game, how do you handle armored cars without heavy explosives? So far I've resorted to removing their weapons and armor in the ruleset once it's time to finish them off and end the mission.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2017, 12:24:35 am »
In the early game, how do you handle armored cars without heavy explosives?

Hit-and-run with hammers. They should have enough damage to at least damage the cars.

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
A high melee gal with fuso sword can be quite effective.