Author Topic: Why negative Score for killing church fanatics?  (Read 8707 times)

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Why negative Score for killing church fanatics?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 08:00:40 am »
Aye, I actually try to keep the collateral damage down on most fights (it does vary with the situation), partly to keep from damaging the loot. But some enemies just make explosives too appealing, and I very rarely regret starting a fire. The morale damage plus the illumination plus the ongoing damage over the next few turns if they catch alight can turn the tides of many skirmishes.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 03:05:09 pm »
And for that matter WTF am I getting Negative Score for CAPTURING somebody.

If anything that should be an absolute value function, capture =/= kill, and if its a bad idea to capture them then their Ransom (sale) value should be negligible too (500, like the experiment victim).

I tend to capture Alot of dudes, I usually go to the trouble of it just because of ransom profit. Only started up shooting the church dudes in the white t-shirt because I discovered that they was too dangerous to be worth dragging in alive.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 03:11:36 pm »

Because there still is no separate kill and capture score definition possible. I can't fix everything with a miracle.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 03:27:22 pm »
OXCE+ ... providing miracles since 2015 :P

I'll put something together for the next version...

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »

If anything that should be an absolute value function, capture =/= kill, and if its a bad idea to capture them then their Ransom (sale) value should be negligible too (500, like the experiment victim).
Simply put, score represents how much you are liked by the factions who support you (governments/mutant alliance).  If you capture someone important, you will get good ransom money for them in any case, but if that someone important is supposedly an ally, its a black mark against you.