Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034661 times)

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1200 on: June 02, 2018, 04:11:35 pm »
Can i (and if so, how) enter debug mode, when stuck in a "hidden movement" phase?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 02, 2018, 04:38:35 pm »
@ Ninawindia, the prereqs are: Voodoo School, Magitech, Church Rituals, Seductress Outfit, Pharmacology, Glamour(new), and any Codex but red.

@ unarmed drifter, After setting "debug: true" in the Options File, you can enable it by pressing Ctrl-D

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 02, 2018, 04:48:13 pm »
Ah, okay, thanks. "File" meaning an actual file, which i have to edit? i vaguely remember something which allowed you to instawin by pressing sth.
i still have the game running - there is no chance to "win" this mission? I'm pretty sure it's only one guy running around in the mountains...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1203 on: June 02, 2018, 04:52:35 pm »
Ah, okay, thanks. "File" meaning an actual file, which i have to edit? i vaguely remember something which allowed you to instawin by pressing sth.
i still have the game running - there is no chance to "win" this mission? I'm pretty sure it's only one guy running around in the mountains...

Press Esc, save the game, then try loading it.
(At least it used to work.)

What mission is that?

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 02, 2018, 05:17:43 pm »
Press Esc, save the game, then try loading it.
(At least it used to work.)
Thanks a lot! i had to save every two turns but in the end i won. I'm happy.

What mission is that?
Well it's from your Xfiles mod  8).  My first Black Lotus outpost. I didn't know if it's bug or not, and there's no little-questions-thread on your mod page, so i tried a more general approach...

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 02, 2018, 08:31:05 pm »
Is there a way to train VooDoo Power? I seem to remember seduction worked but that dress is way too fragile for latter missions.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1206 on: June 02, 2018, 08:51:28 pm »
Voodoo power can only be trained by one outfit (i've never seen.. maybe its Red codex?).   Seduction trains Voodoo skill.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 03, 2018, 06:15:16 am »
The masochist outfit trains power, but is basically never seen, as it requires one of the types of shadow orbs to produce. So like maybe 1 suit per campaign if your super lucky. At least its recovered if the wearer dies.

And even if you do get one, its not that effective, unless your lunatics all rolled garbage psi power.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 03, 2018, 05:54:55 pm »
Any idea how to beat Star-God Hideout without army of Psy Dummies? Metallo gives me 16 slots and I still have to fight sectopods and Star-Gods themselfs.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 04, 2018, 11:11:13 am »
I just beat a star god hideout and only lost one melee gal to a sectopod because I was too aggressive. At this point, I had shields on everyone so instead of fretting about every mind control, I just ignored it because the AI is usually too dumb to really exploit it in such a small space (especially when everyone has shields). Everyone either had autolasers or melee (especially impaler spears) and holy shit melee wrecked the FUCK out of sectopods especially if I flanked them. Lasguns and autolasers usually took care of a star god in 1-5 shots. Impalers were also especially good because mind controlled gals would use the ranged attack which was useless unless you had good voodoo power (hint: they didn't) instead of the melee backstab.

I only managed to capture one coordinator and missed out on the operator though. What's a good way to stun these bastards? Their shields make it such a pain.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:41 pm »
Well... I'm not that far with tech. I guess psy-dummies and Cyberdisk have to take care of the bridge.

Before shields, Star Gods were susceptable to tazoguns, maybe they still are?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 04, 2018, 07:03:49 pm »
After you strip the shields, electric is still the most effective at stunning a star god safely.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 04, 2018, 07:53:14 pm »
What is the best way to strip their shields? Some shotgun?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 04, 2018, 08:15:56 pm »
Either strip it with a lot of damage (preferably laser\plasma shotguns, since they aren't penalised), throw EMP grenade (250% damage to shields), or bypass it entirely with Bio damage.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 04, 2018, 11:31:48 pm »
So is damage to shields penalized by the armor resistance? My reading of the description indicates that it's not the case (e.g. Type 1 shields protect against energy weapons).