Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034927 times)

Offline Multiheaded

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1185 on: May 25, 2018, 02:38:13 pm »
How the hell do I fight the ghosts in the island mission? No voodoo available quite yet. Would a Neural Whip work, dealing mind damage?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 25, 2018, 02:42:49 pm »
Cutting seems to work reasonably well. Just make sure you have a gal or three on x-grog duty. Or just ignore the mission. At least in my case the loot was never worth the trouble.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 25, 2018, 02:54:46 pm »
Yeah the ghost gals aren't really worth the trouble. Maybe there will be a reason in the future but right now skip.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 25, 2018, 05:48:00 pm »
Chances to get gems tho~

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 25, 2018, 05:49:44 pm »
I never got any, been more lucky with undersea missions.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 25, 2018, 06:51:42 pm »
Chances to get gems tho~

Eh....throw money at jack bounty tokens. by the time you need more then a handful of gems, you probably can afford to burn some cash/excess tokens.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 25, 2018, 09:19:26 pm »
With proper preparation ghost gals are fairly easy to deal with. They do take 100% mind damage, so meridian's autogun is a go! (arcane rounds work underwater and deal mind damage) And since their only means of attack are both non-lethal and charm, you can simply tank the damage with combination of proper armor and drug dispensors.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 27, 2018, 11:43:05 pm »
How do you guys use SMGs? They're light, quick, but also low damage and low range. If you're getting that close, you might as well close the gap with melee. Are they intended primarily for peasant/slave soldiers?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 27, 2018, 11:59:15 pm »
Apart from things like the Death Blossom or the assault laser I simply don't. They are NPC weapons.
My melee gals use pistols.

If I am in the mood I sometimes use them on hunting missions to train reactions (though that is usually better done through the use of melee imo). They don't kill quickly and you hardly ever have to reload. Just position some flying gals and let them reaction fire away. But later in the game that could be a risk as you might have to shuffle all the gals through the inventory tile to get proper weapons because suddenly you are up against nomads or others.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1194 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:39 am »
PainBringer SMG is great as an off hand weapon for Melee gals.  Also, regular SMGs with incendiary are great sidearms to help with night lighting on missions as well as to finish off foes, etc.  And yeah, overall, they are great reaction training weapons.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 28, 2018, 04:06:11 am »
Is this a dumb idea?
Hide your bigger bases in less trafficked area (e.g. Antartica) and not include any interceptors (focus entirely on manufacturing for example). I figure no traffic + no interceptions = no crackdowns. Your interception fleet can be in tiny outposts with hideout shrouds. Your main/initial base can serve as the lightning rod for crackdowns but that's ok because all your veterans are parked there.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1196 on: May 28, 2018, 04:08:41 am »
Compared to vanilla OXC, Piratez has a surprising amount of traffic all around the globe, including the poles. 

I'm sure that someone could do the analysis on all the flight nodes of the globe and find some less trafficked spots, but they wouldn't be super obvious.  Might not be worth the effort.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 28, 2018, 10:29:38 am »
Spikey SMG is allright early sidearm for melee gals. Painbringer is nice, kind of like missing evolutionary link between the trash SMGs and the Death Blossom. Maybe some of the SMGs that get aqua ammo are now geniunely good, I haven’t tested that yet.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 28, 2018, 11:34:11 am »
Compared to vanilla OXC, Piratez has a surprising amount of traffic all around the globe, including the poles. 

I'm sure that someone could do the analysis on all the flight nodes of the globe and find some less trafficked spots, but they wouldn't be super obvious.  Might not be worth the effort.

There are less trafficked regions mostly the smaller masses in the pacific but its not worth the tradeoff of diminished hyper-wave coverage, since it takes all the bases to adequately get coverage over the globe.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 02, 2018, 03:40:28 pm »
How do you get voodoo excess again? I need it before I can make all the fun voodoo weapons but forgot what it needed..