Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1056189 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1170 on: May 14, 2018, 09:41:25 pm »
Gals with bravery 40 and less will start to panic unless you score kills.
Bravery 50 is the breaking point where moral will never sink below 50 (unless outfit causes +stress).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1171 on: May 14, 2018, 11:50:54 pm »
The intro said read or die, didn't it.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 15, 2018, 02:04:00 pm »
Paninicking is not necessarily bad.

It trains bravery 8)

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 15, 2018, 11:27:15 pm »
Just a small question, can you eventually make your own laser ammo? I have been playing for a while now (and earlier on an old version), and are at the level where i just got to researching a mint, and meeting enemies with tanks and plasma guns....but I myself have been unable to get any way with being able to make my own laser ammo (or got long enough in the research tree to get more than gauss pistol), and are basing my squad on EuroSyndicate Lasrifles for the moment, but would love to be able to make my own ammo for normal laser weapons.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 16, 2018, 01:03:57 am »
You do get to be able to make your own, slightly less good ammo. And at some point you can make infinite ammo lasers. This is in addition to the Eurolasers and the bounty system reward lasers. 

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 16, 2018, 11:54:52 am »
The first less powerful laser batteries are producable around with the power station in the base.
Less power since those use electronic wires to keep the charge instead of a nuclear core.

Those clips do laser damage and are different to the E-Pulse weapons (E-Pulse does 'electric' damage and is far less efficient in killing but do 4x the amount of stun damage)

The moment you can build the 'adv.' versions of the batteries you can get the 'more efficient' version of the stellar empire guns in form of nuclear lasers with infinite ammo and more damage.
Splatty (Shotgun), Scorchy (Pistol), Adv. Lasgun, Fatty (Laser-Gatlinggun) and Battle Laser (Heavy Laser) surpass those guns in power and ammo but also require 'russian files' only found in the special mission in Siberia (Nazi Bunker).

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 16, 2018, 12:32:50 pm »
Aside from the mighty autolaser, looted batteries were allways enough for my laser needs.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 16, 2018, 01:43:34 pm »
Yes, nuclear lasers can be skipped in favor of stronger piercing weapons, fusion explosives and ultimately your own plasma weapons.
It's pretty much a matter of how RNG you get with VIP-captives and how difficult you play the game.
You either save-scum to get a leader captive on the first try or buy one for several millions of $ once VIP capture is researched.

If you run unlucky with acad. provosts (1 for giggles, 1 for interrogations) you can't access plasma weapons.
So nuc. lasers can be a solution to boost firepower against certain tanky enemies until you get your hands on provosts later.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 22, 2018, 07:29:02 am »
Sorry, but what's the keyboard shortcut that displays the dmg range for melee weapons? I know for ranged it's ALT while holding the mouse cursor. I tried to find this but didn't know where to look

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 22, 2018, 11:49:53 am »
It's either alt + M or ctrl + M.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 23, 2018, 10:52:13 pm »
Is there a way to nudge retaliation towards specific bases? E.g. the ones with 30 veterans posted instead of the backwater factories.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 23, 2018, 11:05:45 pm »
Not the regular monthly ones, but crackdowns from shooting down craft are sent either to the region where the craft was shot down or the region where your interceptor was launched from.

Small bases are harder for the enemy to detect, but that's not as useful as having a mind shield on the factory.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 24, 2018, 12:09:38 am »
Is there a way to nudge retaliation towards specific bases? E.g. the ones with 30 veterans posted instead of the backwater factories.

YOu don’t need to considering you can always transfer a craft full of veteransin a few hours into a radar outpost you expect to get attacked as long as it has a free hangar.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 24, 2018, 11:14:36 am »
The moment you get the report that a crackdown is about to happen (Assault Transporter / Boarding Torpedo etc.) it's too late to ship personnel.

Even if a base is on top of another base it will take at least 1 hour to transfer troops and equipment to another base.
Unless you have a save earlier (1-3 days before the crackdown) you have no other choice but to do the mission with the crew and equipment available.

Your example is the reason someone should have a decent protection squad available @ every hideout. It doesn't matter much if those people are a mix of slaves, dogs, lokk'nars, peasants and tanks as long as you have a strategic layout to choke the enemy through tight corridors and decimate them with explosives and fire.

The only thing that matters is victory here. Don't risk anything to capture the loot or corpses intact if you run the danger of loosing your fully functional factory-base.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 24, 2018, 01:55:49 pm »
They send sentries on search first, so you know which base they are going after.