Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033357 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1095 on: April 23, 2018, 12:51:39 am »
Yes, runts.

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 23, 2018, 02:14:19 am »
I run B-rank bounty missions and have never seen a fat zombie as of now.

The nomads are in undersea missions.
Oops, thanks – misread the Red Mage's first BootyPedia article as indicating I'd need to finish the research chain to get missions.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 23, 2018, 07:59:28 am »
Was there an option somewhere to force Skyranger to continue to mission destination despite running low on fuel? I can't reach a Terror mission destination due to running out of fuel despite full fuel capacity. Is there something I can do to reach the destination?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 23, 2018, 08:50:56 am »
Likely the only option is to send it back to base and let it refuel while hoping the mission doesn't end.  Though I can't see how you got a skyrangers fuel low enough to not be able to reach somewhere, I'm pretty sure those are supposed to have global range.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 23, 2018, 09:08:56 am »
Likely the only option is to send it back to base and let it refuel while hoping the mission doesn't end.  Though I can't see how you got a skyrangers fuel low enough to not be able to reach somewhere, I'm pretty sure those are supposed to have global range.

The Skyranger status is not "Refueling" but "Ready". Fuel is 100%. My Hideout is in Scandinavia and the Terror mission is in Australia.

Does the load weight of the Skyranger affect the fuel consumption?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1100 on: April 23, 2018, 11:10:36 am »
How is this screen confusing? Everything is explained in plain text - in fact better than many other features. How could it be done any better???

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 23, 2018, 11:24:24 am »
Does the load weight of the Skyranger affect the fuel consumption?

No it doesn't. You can fill any craft with everything you've got in your vault and it wouldn't change speed at all.
I personally never used the skyranger before in this mod. Only the ramp to get out into the fray and barely enough space to shuffle the team inside is a no-go for me.
Depending on codex-choice I rather stick with a pachyderm (closed doors) or any appealing codex-locked craft once available.
Everything that's faster and has more range in comparision to the airbus does the job better.
Stuff like the 'Red Scorpion' is unique in it's own right. It's a decent fighter to civilian crafts and light faction-crafts while having 8 slots and it spawns 2 enemies next to your craft every time.
2 Enemies less to worry about since those are not additional opposition but instead are picked randomly from the available enemy roster (to a degree, leaders most of the time not).

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 23, 2018, 12:50:16 pm »
Actually, I just wrote Skyranger because it's the starting troop transport in vanilla XCOM. What I meant was Airbus. In the wiki it's said that Airbus doesn't have global reach, so I just cannot go to the terror mission that's out of Airbus' reach. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 23, 2018, 02:54:51 pm »
Ugh, i hate scorpion. I picked red in my current run just because i don't want to use the overpowered shadowbat. 2 enemy perk is barely useful, although it makes a hitman with RPG mission a breeze. I had a landed ship in an open field, a bunch of marsecs with assault rifles and a guild rep with a gauss gun, in a shadowbat i could ez outcamp them and get some sick loot pretty early, but on scorpion i was forced to retreat. Same with pogroms, it's just too risky. I think skyranger is actually reasonably balanced, the riskier the craft, the more guys it should have. Codex vessels could use the same rebalancing.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 23, 2018, 03:34:18 pm »
All crafts have their strength and weaknesses.
The first 'dropship' is the menace-class ship until you can get the thunderhorse.
Everything else is optional. No one forces you to use a scorpion on a pogrom. All ships without sealed doors are risky.
Sometimes fewer and good protected hands are better than more hands and starting in the open.

Codex-ships are meant as a 'bonus' and pull their weight until you got decent fighter crafts and dropships.
Some odd cases with using the scarab and other things here and there is only a matter of time until they get nerfed 'again'.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 23, 2018, 09:54:42 pm »
1. Is there a way to enslave male labourers (the guys in brown jumpsuits)? I can hire them as workers, but they don't show in the slavery list. (the female ones do)

2. I'm pretty sure i was able to manufacture spike rockets. Suddenly i can't find them in vessel weapons list anymore.

3. What will happen to my still if i sell the excavator? Reason: i want a mess hall in every base, but not the green sludge cellar.

And finally  ;D

How is this screen confusing? Everything is explained in plain text - in fact better than many other features. How could it be done any better???

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 23, 2018, 10:16:53 pm »
1. Is there a way to enslave male labourers (the guys in brown jumpsuits)? I can hire them as workers, but they don't show in the slavery list. (the female ones do)

2. I'm pretty sure i was able to manufacture spike rockets. Suddenly i can't find them in vessel weapons list anymore.

3. What will happen to my still if i sell the excavator? Reason: i want a mess hall in every base, but not the green sludge cellar.

And finally  ;D
1. Have you hidden the research project? Check in the hidden category and use the right-mouse button to unhide them if needed. If you can hire Male Labourers and enslave Female Labourers, you have all the tech you need.
2. Have you checked under Vessel Ammunition? Also, you'll need to have researched Explosive Munitions and Improvised Aerial Explosive.
3. You can't sell buildings if there are dependent buildings in your base.
4. Let's not. Scrolling is annoying.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:28 pm »
And finally  ;D

I couldn't agree more. With very little effort this research screen could be improved a lot.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 23, 2018, 10:25:32 pm »
Yeah, great idea sherlocks... insert 2 blank lines into an area which only has 4 lines available... biggest bullshit I have heard/seen in a long time...

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 23, 2018, 10:26:40 pm »
I couldn't agree more. With very little effort this research screen could be improved a lot.
Actually, any meaningful improvement would require major engine changes since you'd have to increase the internal resolution to gain more space to work with.
Adding two lines before the "Units Produced" section is not an objective improvement, but garnering to personal preferences. And without a vote showing the majority of players would like that change, it'll remain just that. Personally, I would hate it because that section has almost no vertical space to begin with. Squandering any lines is not good.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:28:17 pm by cc »