Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033886 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1080 on: April 21, 2018, 07:48:37 am »
What does the range on the ship stat screen mean? The Scorpion just became available to me but I noticed the range is "60" which seems ridiculously short.

Range is misnomer here - the stat is displaying the internal "fuel" variable for the craft, but the consumption rate for that fuel is variable based on whether or not the craft is battery-powered or consumes hellerium or chemicals.  For craft that burn the items, "Range" is the number of 10-minute intervals the craft can stay in the air.  For battery-powered craft, instead of burning 1 fuel unit every 10 minutes, current speed / 100 rounded down to the nearest integer fuel units are burned every 10 minutes, where the current speed is either half the max speed when patrolling or the max speed when doing anything else.  This means battery-powered craft need "Range" proportional to their speed to get the same amount of air-time, and thus usually have higher numbers for "Range".

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 21, 2018, 05:08:43 pm »
Where to find the Jaegar Carbine?
Never found one of those, can't purchace them and sentries don't have them either (those offering the space ranger shotgun and SR pistol).

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 21, 2018, 09:10:47 pm »
I never found this one just like I never found homing missile launcher and those marsec weapons.

My guess is it is not actually fully implemented, but can spawn as a random loot.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 22, 2018, 12:52:24 pm »
Are there smoke grenades or other similar items in xPiratez? What about motion scanners? I feel the lack of these items are limiting my tactical options in combat. If they are in the game, what do i need to get them?

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 22, 2018, 01:18:53 pm »
There are, but you'll have to unlock the buy/manufacturing "tech". If you're impatient, use the tech tree spoiler.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 22, 2018, 01:23:12 pm »
They are in. For smoke grenades to be available through the black market you need to research into camouflage, iirc. The motion scanner is the Aye Phone.
If you didn't know: you can middle mouse click on a reseach project to bring up the relevant part of the tech tree, but you can also search there with a string, so look for Aye Phone.
Some of the combat units also have a sense ability which works similar. I think it is not dependent on movement, but can only detect living things.

Be aware though that quite a few enemies can see through smoke better than a gal without special armor. (described as thermal vision TH.V. in the bootiepedia)

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 22, 2018, 05:24:22 pm »
I've come back to the mod after a year or so out, and have a few questions.

1) Is there a way to find out which techs unlock new buildings?  They don't show up in the tech viewer; often it's easy to guess what will work from the name of the tech, but I'd like to build armoured vaults, and the only obvious tech is the early game one which gives you their BootyPedia entry.

2) Are there any good sources of Zombie Fatmen?  It looks like they're the bottleneck on unlocking B-rank bounty hunts.  I didn't run into any yet in this game (except at a mansion I reloaded to avoid – neither hunting down every last one with aye-phones nor running everyone to the roof is fun for me).  There have been several excavation ships with zombies in Africa, but they seem to contain every kind except the fat ones.

3) Where can I find Deep One Nomads?  I've raided a couple of their temples, but don't think there were any there.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 22, 2018, 06:19:48 pm »
I run B-rank bounty missions and have never seen a fat zombie as of now.

The nomads are in undersea missions.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 22, 2018, 08:31:57 pm »
Can someone tell me how robbing captured units works? I haven't been able to rob anyone even though I have a lot of prisoners to rob. Do I need a facility of some kind of something else? What else can I do with captured enemy units? Research and sell, of course, but anything else?

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 22, 2018, 08:59:29 pm »
You need to research the specific person you want to rob first to get the option to rob\enslave that enemy. You'll get a recipe for manufacturing screen.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 22, 2018, 09:22:20 pm »
Why do I need so many credit cards to steal things from prisoners? It's kind of counter intuitive.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 22, 2018, 10:56:35 pm »
you don't need them - you get them  :)

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 22, 2018, 11:51:40 pm »
you don't need them - you get them  :)

So one would think, but it clearly says in "Required Items" 10 Credit Chips etc and then how many you currently have. I have never had enough to be able to "rob" from any of my prisoners. The button to Rob a prisoner never becomes visible since I don't fulfill the requirements, which always are some Credit Chips and some other items as well.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 22, 2018, 11:58:25 pm »
So one would think, but it clearly says in "Required Items" 10 Credit Chips etc and then how many you currently have. I have never had enough to be able to "rob" from any of my prisoners. The button to Rob a prisoner never becomes visible since I don't fulfill the requirements, which always are some Credit Chips and some other items as well.

see pic. items required is the researcher (and only her, nothing else) - items produced is...

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 23, 2018, 12:41:23 am »
Thank you for clearing that out for me! Maybe the display screen could be made a bit more clear to avoid confusion. I have to try robbing again later. For some reason I couldn't do it even when I ceased my other research projects, so all my Brainers were free to do the robbing. Or does robbing require something else than a Brainer?