aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033295 times)

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1050 on: April 18, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »
1. Regarding Buildings: Is there a need for the mess anymore, when i'm research-wise at "back to school"? (despite the healing buff)

2. Is there a way to check the available interrogation topics on a prisoner - like the research tree spoiler? Roleplaywise i've built a megaprison in the (former) US, but my brainers are all in europe, so i rely on luck when i shuffle prisoners around the world.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 18, 2018, 09:54:40 pm »
I think the mess hall speeds up wound recovery time somewhat, so there's still use for it.  You can still check research topics in a base that has no research space or brainers - the research screen in that base should show the prisoners if they have further things they can give you from interrogation.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 18, 2018, 10:03:34 pm »
I think the mess hall speeds up wound recovery time somewhat, so there's still use for it.

True, but apart from that?

You can still check research topics in a base that has no research space or brainers - the research screen in that base should show the prisoners if they have further things they can give you from interrogation.

Oh man thanks a lot!  Such an easy solution... (feeling a bit stupid right now)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 18, 2018, 11:04:15 pm »
The mess hall allows to train slaves into slave soldiers.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 19, 2018, 12:32:21 am »
Yeah, thanks. I want to train a green lighter, so i won't tear the mess hall down.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 19, 2018, 12:48:55 am »
Are slave soldiers any good?

Never used them much.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 19, 2018, 02:10:13 am »
Slave soldiers are okay, weaker in then a gal in most stats(Voodoo being the notable exception). But they are low maintenance and easy to replace. I use them to guard lesser bases, and to fill roster gaps while the gals are in sick bay.

Early in the game, due to rank salary bonuses, staffing your bases with just gals can be cripplingly expensive. Particularly cause most of those gals will rarely see action.

Later in the game slaves do get some decent armor and are perfectly capable of handling lesser mission on there own. The recently added testudo armor actually has more sheer armor then Annihilator, not as good resistances thou.

If you play with the more tanks/cars mod then you can really get some mileage from the slaves as only they and loknarr's can "drive" those.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 19, 2018, 01:41:04 pm »
well, I use loknarrs to drive my tanks.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 19, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »
Slaves are moderately better for the tanks imo. Higher max TU, higher HP, and Higher Bravery. They will have lower reactions but a number of the tanks are not things you want reaction firing anyway(collateral damage to civilians/loot). The loknars higher stamina is largely irrelevant because of the way the tank "suits" functions.

Slaves are also about a 1/3rd a loknarr in salary and your not paying the 25k recruitment fee, just some runt hours.

Loknars are far better at being scouts and marksmen with there normal outfits.

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 20, 2018, 09:24:45 am »
I've got a quick question about the mission "They Came From the Sea"... I know it's a B-rank mission for Jack, but I don't notice it drop any loot or anything that actually generates any trophies or Jack bounty tokens. Is there some other mechanism for reward that I'm not noticing in regards to Jack tokens for this mission?

That being said, I love this mission type. Defend against huge odds is rather fun, and such a great way to train up my reactions and firing skills on my gals. Love it!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 20, 2018, 10:00:21 am »
The missions gives no tokens since it's release. Just greenskins and lobsterman to gun down.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 20, 2018, 11:13:43 am »
I am pretty sure I got about 1600 tokens worth out if it? Will have to check next time.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1062 on: April 20, 2018, 02:25:58 pm »
It definitely has a chance (possibly 100%, can't remember) to spawn an orb.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 20, 2018, 02:29:26 pm »
Are the Flying Disc enemies particularly resistant to regular projectile weapons like rifles and shotguns? I tried to shoot one down, but even after landing approximately 10 hits with different rifles I still didn't manage to destroy one. I even hit it with a laser pistol a couple of times to boot.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1064 on: April 20, 2018, 02:52:27 pm »
Robotic units generally have good armour, but poor Health. Use stronger weapons (like melee or javelins) or try fire, as it generally bypasses armour.