aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033827 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #1035 on: April 17, 2018, 03:09:01 am »
I'd probably evac a zombie mansion as rapidly as possible. To much threat from the close quarters since your armor picks are limited.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 17, 2018, 09:33:23 am »
I'd probably evac a zombie mansion as rapidly as possible. To much threat from the close quarters since your armor picks are limited.

That is what I did! There was no real alternative as I did not bring any weapons that made sense against zombies is such confined space.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 17, 2018, 03:41:59 pm »
Good thing I never ran into zombo-mansions so far.
Not worth the risk indeed and with very limited space to kite them you better run for it.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 17, 2018, 09:31:52 pm »
Why am I always so underwhelmed when testing the VooDooWeapons?

I was just out hunting Sky Ninjas. My psi-wise strongest Gal hit a Sky Ninja 4 times with a Plasma Glove and did not kill the Sky Ninja. As the range of the Glove is abysmal it seems easier, cheaper and more reliable to just take the extra steps and hit opponents with a shovel.

When comparing the Plasma Glove with a Combat Bow on paper, the Combat Bow seems to make more sense. A strong Gal does a mean damage of 50 with the bow, while the a psi-strong Gal does  a mean damage of 60 with the glove. But ACC and range of the bow are far superior. So, in which situations is the glove useful? When fighting opponents with a tendency to wander into range in a non-threatening way and that are vulnarable to plasma damage?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:33:27 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 17, 2018, 10:43:05 pm »
Voodoo is optional.
Stuff thats not armor-glued is most of the time undertuned to avoid abuse.
Otherwise stack large v-rods and annihilators and melee-mc whatever you desire to manipulate. (that's what the vanilla game felt like)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 17, 2018, 11:18:47 pm »
The glove does have the advantages of being a small one handed infiltration weapon. Also no morale cost to fire, 0-G, plasma armor shred, and pretty good CQC rating at 140%. Also reasonably early in the tech tree at Ye magic shoppe.

Downsides: not that accurate, hit or miss usage since it arrives before voodoo school. Slightly anemic in power without voodoo boosting outfits.

It's a reasonable good sidearm for those with the psi power but primary weapon it is not. Maybe useful as a voodoo skill trainer since it calls V power and throwing for accuracy, unlike the wands which call firing for accuracy and voodoo skill as part of the damage.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 18, 2018, 12:06:19 am »
The wand of airlessness seems to be really strong. Not that much slower than an electric whip, but needs more energy I think. It worked really well against the lobstermen in the last They came from the Sea for me. So did axes, but with the wands I didn't need to leave my position. (so many injuries from two sonic grenades...)

Offline Wayans

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 18, 2018, 06:36:39 am »
Which resistance?  Armor resistance, or the new special items that provide it?
If I'm not wrong the resistance to any type of damage is the amount of the damage you receive, i'm not sure if it goes before armor or after. But the lesser is better, If an armor doesn't have a value on a particular resistance means it's just 100% unaltered damage you will receive.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 18, 2018, 09:39:06 am »
The wand of airlessness seems to be really strong. Not that much slower than an electric whip, but needs more energy I think. It worked really well against the lobstermen in the last They came from the Sea for me. So did axes, but with the wands I didn't need to leave my position. (so many injuries from two sonic grenades...)

Lobstermen are susceptible to choking damage and quite hard to kill otherwise. The Wand of Airlessness is one of the few Voodoo things that I have in reserve for exactly such opponents.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 18, 2018, 11:31:26 am »
Damage is calculated by the initial role (1d200 / 2d100 or 50-150%) and multiplied with the targets resistance. (100% = *1.0 / 80% = *0.8)
Armor penetration multiplies the flat-armor value of the target.

If the damage roll - Resistance_Bonus surpasses the armor value (after armorpen is calculated) it does damage to health.
How much health damage depends on the ammo used. Armor-pen ammo usually does less HP damage since it's meant to pierce through armor and the bullet doesn't shred flesh.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 18, 2018, 02:47:18 pm »
Hellgun is really good. If you combine it with voodoo boosting clothes it kills tanks.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14:31 pm »
It's a shotgun so it's awesome to begin with.
It's a plasma-shotgun on top of that so double-awesome.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 18, 2018, 08:58:57 pm »
Hellgun works more like UAC plasmagun than  shotgun.

Offline Shaewaros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 18, 2018, 09:31:08 pm »
Is there any way to use bandages on a unit that falls unconscious in the middle of climbing stairs? I tried using bandages both from above and below of the patient, but in both cases I get a message "There's no one to bandage there" or some such.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 18, 2018, 09:34:40 pm »
Pick them up and move them to another location, stairs are an awkward place for the engine to validate what's in the tile.