aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033655 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #945 on: March 21, 2018, 01:34:41 am »
That's news to me.  I only got a few Bank Robbery missions in my last playthrough, with one of them yielding a shadow orb.  I imagine the codes would be a very rare drop, so it might not be a dependable way to get it.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 21, 2018, 07:00:34 pm »
1. Where can I get star gods code? Silver towers have not spawned for ~2 in-game years, battleships/cruisers don't have coordinators, and public enemy never ever spawned in dozens of larger smuggler ships (the ones with catgirls) I assaulted.

2. What exactly am I supposed to do on bank robbery mission? Killing everyone within 20 turns does not seem to work, as there seem to be some hidden enemies, there are no items laying around as on mansion mission, and I assume there should be some kind of vault in the basement, but trying to explode things down there does nothing.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2018, 07:47:16 pm »
In the bank are stairs to go down. Use a pickaxe or hammer to break the 'black' wall.
1-2 tiles later you digged out the hallway to crawl in deeper.

Spoiler:
Beware! The hallway is full with traps so better bring choke-resist armor and gasmasks.

Star Gods codes can be gained through the methods you mentioned and you can also go for a crackdown against your hideout. Those are commanded by a stargod coordinator for sure.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 21, 2018, 10:17:22 pm »
2. What exactly am I supposed to do on bank robbery mission? Killing everyone within 20 turns does not seem to work, as there seem to be some hidden enemies, there are no items laying around as on mansion mission, and I assume there should be some kind of vault in the basement, but trying to explode things down there does nothing.
Dig into the vault from the East. It's always in the same place and if you have someone with Sense, you can find it even easier.

Offline sleekie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:23 am »
The vault doors are very tough, so explosives aren't very reliable, plus you have to access each individual vault, up to three of them. I use a heavy chainsaw to cut my way in since it uses no ammo, but it's, well, heavy. Stamina is the stat for this map.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 22, 2018, 01:31:04 am »
Quick reminder: fusion torch exists, you can buy it easily by the time bank robbery missions start appearing, and it can melt anything and everything, up to (and including) external walls of an ship.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 22, 2018, 01:10:38 pm »
Where can I get Gatling Lascannons from?  Lol!! I got it from Decrypted Disc in a lucky research. Beyond this where do I get it from.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:14:00 pm by Cristao »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 22, 2018, 01:12:00 pm »
Going for a fusion torch is a very TU-consuming way. It's a time-critical mission to a degree.
While you've to clear house on the outside you have to deal with those security dudes trapped in the two (?) money-vaults in the basement. Maybe pickaxe and hammer? Dig in, use aye-phones and get rid of the guild security. The corridor connecting the vaults are filled with stun/chocking(?) traps so either 0% smoke-damage suits or at least gasmasks to reduce damage taken.

Gatling Lascannon parts are sometimes on freighters, and if lucky on the larger smuggler ships.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 22, 2018, 01:14:25 pm »
TY

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 22, 2018, 06:01:24 pm »
Where can I get Gatling Lascannons from?  Lol!! I got it from Decrypted Disc in a lucky research. Beyond this where do I get it from.

Destroyers and battleships have it.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 23, 2018, 05:04:48 pm »
Where can I get "smelly rags"? No option to produce, not on the market. (required for freak recruit manufacture)

also, what is "custom stealthsuit"? I can buy them, but can't equip or research.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 23, 2018, 05:30:26 pm »
That's news to me.  I only got a few Bank Robbery missions in my last playthrough, with one of them yielding a shadow orb.  I imagine the codes would be a very rare drop, so it might not be a dependable way to get it.

Where ARE these bank robbery missions spawned from anyway?
Have not shown up in my playthrough yet and im nearing year 3.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 23, 2018, 05:50:35 pm »
So, any use with the new Peasant Units? So far they're even worse than slaves with barely any custom outfits, although I suppose the latter that's bet to change.

Also, I have another question: Do the Castaway Gals you can Rescue in some missions have better stats than the average just like your initial Lunatics, or are they "just" free units? I'm not completely sure.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 23, 2018, 06:11:00 pm »
They are supposed to have slightly better voodoo stats.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 23, 2018, 07:38:38 pm »
So, any use with the new Peasant Units? So far they're even worse than slaves with barely any custom outfits, although I suppose the latter that's bet to change.

Meat shields and scouts. Love them.