Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1064545 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #885 on: February 22, 2018, 06:34:49 am »
It's still worthwhile to go for civilian craft.  The small ship engines (which I believe never blow up unlike their large counterparts) plus any other possible cargo are worth a lot and easily offset the point penalties for killing instead of capturing the civilians.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 22, 2018, 08:38:36 am »
Keep 'farming' civilians.
Try to capture them alive and 'ask' them for secrets by researching them! This way you get even more score-points and the mentioned small ship engine never blows up.
It's worth 100.000 $ each, comparable with 2,5x 'Smarp Guys' for 40.000 $ per captive. Captives you can't research again should be sold if you run out of prison space.

It's tempting to 'save' Hoes to upgrade them into Courtesans but I quickly run into the conclusion to sell them once they can't tell me further things.

Slavery might take a while to research, until that point constantly research captives or sell them to pay taxes and get more personell (namely runts/brainers and hands/lokk'nars) to have 6 soldiers up and ready 24/7.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2018, 06:35:28 pm »
Don't use Seagulls against civilian targets. You're likely to destroy the craft instead of downing it.
Scavenge 25mm and 30mm bullets of Megapol ships (the blue ones with the beastmen inside) and arm yourself with that.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2018, 08:03:16 pm »
1 Seagull missle costs 50k so this cuts the win for a engine by 50%.
Get yourself an aircar and mount a 25mm or 30mm cannon onto it. Reliable shooting down of civilian crafts without accidently nuking them to tiny bits.

KZad Bhat

« Reply #889 on: February 23, 2018, 03:53:02 am »
Don't forget that the small ship engines are used for some of the really good tanks, and once you get the Stop Tracking Civilians research topic done, they become harder to find. As good as 100k a pop sounds . . . try to save a few, those tanks can help a lot.

Offline mamix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 23, 2018, 06:56:50 am »
I had to resort to the seaguls; Fast forward - spamming research, the first auto-cannon option (not the ammo) comes after approximately 4 months of research. No idea which string of researches unlocked it (it unlocked the 30mm cannon + parts + ammo).

With seaguls, I have to avoid all "very small" craft but on the upside, the speedster can down all small and most medium crafts without taking damage.

For the tanks, that's seems to be really far. I fast-tracked all of my current research topics (~8 months) and I haven't unlocked anything tank related. There are items missing apparently, although it's not any help, the lab is 20000% overworked already.

However, I used the drill on the Gray codex. A month ot so later, I get a satelite mission (- lots of infamy if I ignore) that I have no idea how to do. Tried commissioning Skyranger, Jellyfish, Snake and Shadowbat but the game tells me those crafts can not be used for that mission. On clicking to the "What to wear?" hint, I get a "We can use the following : Unknown" tip. Curious as to what tech is needed to be able to go to the South pole and do the freaking thing.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 23, 2018, 08:41:51 am »
The fortuna craft itself can go to space.
The hunter-killer can go to space too. All battery crafts are too 'weak' to leave earth.
Early in the game without space-suits and some lasgun you simply can't win the 'disruptive transmissions' mission but you can visit and instantly-abort the mission to remove the score penalty.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 23, 2018, 11:27:50 am »
What is "Reticulan Stuff" at reasearch tree? I dont know how to unlock it. Currently I am reasearching Reticulan tree - all spiecies are behind me and there are some leftovers like biomatter or their engine. But even if I rush my save to unlock Contacts" Reticulans I have no idea how to get "Reticulan Stuff" topic.

Edit: Does Voodoo Power value is static for each gal? Once rolled it can never be increased? Or it can be improved at Voodoo School?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:31:40 am by Ragshak »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 23, 2018, 01:35:22 pm »
"Reticulan Stuff" is just another name for the engineered biomatter, and it is admittedly confusing.  It probably has to do with how the biomatter's Bootypedia article is titled "Reticulan Stuff"; I think that should be done away with and the articles should just be titled the same as the item names (Engineered Biomatter, Integrated Devices, Force Circuitry, etc.).

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 23, 2018, 03:39:53 pm »
VoodooPower is fixed upon creation of the character. Only some armors can add a bit power to the character but it can't be increased EVER.
VoodooSkill on the other hand has to be trained/unlocked on the voodoo school and caps around 40-45 (a +6 roll while having 39skill) for normal hands.

The school slowly trains V-Skill while the active use of voodoo-items allways trains the skill even on the first use.
A portion of your V-Skill is counted into your Voodoo-defence. If you train Voodoo-wimps you can still get decend protection against mind-fuckery.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2018, 12:31:52 am »
What is the best place to find the LockNarr Trading cards (with their gods)?
I am a year into my campaign and don't have them so I can't get the codex crafts.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 26, 2018, 07:59:26 am »
What is the best place to find the LockNarr Trading cards (with their gods)?
You can get them from Decrypted Data Disks, Pillow Books, and selected interrogations.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2018, 02:51:45 pm »
Don't they show up as items as well?

Oh well, time to decrypt those last 3 discs I have then. Pillowbooks are not an option yet.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #898 on: February 26, 2018, 03:44:52 pm »
While I find the concept of "trading cards" amusing and even endearing, in fact they are not physical objects, but knowledge. Having info on a particular Demon God represents having studied this aspect of Lokk'Naar religion, at least briefly, and understanding its basic tenets.
This is why they are unlocked by scientific sources (data disks), certain relevant works of fiction (pillow books) and actual believers/priests (interrogations). I don't know if there are actual holy scriptures in the game, but they would make sense.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 26, 2018, 05:15:11 pm »
Lokk'Naar scriptures exist, they just rarely show up.