aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034058 times)

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #840 on: January 22, 2018, 05:34:17 am »
Figured it out! ... So any way to get a siren examination? I've not seen a ret ship in forever...

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 22, 2018, 06:09:45 am »
Martin: Funny thing. For me Jellyfish is the best choice availble.

I preffer more soldiers in the field over fancy layout. You should really give Shadowbat a chance. Nothing is better than snipin’ and mortarin’ from its roof

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 22, 2018, 06:51:42 am »
Another thing: Can you buy Exquisite Lingeries, or must these be "harvested"? They seem to be somewhat rare and needed for many oufits. Speaking of, I'm starting to have so many of them that sometimes I'm not sure which one to use.
They can be manufactured from Durathread. Technology is Piratey Lingerie.

Figured it out! ... So any way to get a siren examination? I've not seen a ret ship in forever...
Not really. Govt/Reticulan Files has them as get for free technology, but you need Sirens to manufacture those in the first place.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 22, 2018, 09:09:21 am »
Well, only option then if I don't want to reset is save editing... So anyone know the proper place to put it and the research name to put it? I know it goes in discovered but yeah, after that lost!

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 22, 2018, 11:24:58 am »
Without resorting to save editing (to hack in either the Siren research topic or a sectoid UFO wave), the only thing you really can do is wait for the next sectoid sighting for your siren.  It'll happen eventually, the only time the sectoids would stop appearing altogether (other than imperial probes landing on sectoid bunkers, I think) is after you've researched *Human-Reticulan Cooperation* which requires researching all the various kinds of sectoids (siren included) to get there anyway.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 22, 2018, 06:24:56 pm »
Well, only option then if I don't want to reset is save editing... So anyone know the proper place to put it and the research name to put it? I know it goes in discovered but yeah, after that lost!
As BBHood217 said, they'll show up eventually.
If you really want to cheat, add "STR_RET_SIREN" to the "discovered" sequence node.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 23, 2018, 12:56:41 am »
Already researched elder, the ships no longer show up! Haven't for 3 years? Lol

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 23, 2018, 01:47:51 am »
It's all just RNG.  I've actually discovered that sectoids completely disappear (including the sectoid bunker imperial probes) once you've researched Contacts: Reticulans (a little earlier than the Cooperation, so I was wrong there), however that tech still requires having researched all the live sectoids first.  Basically, you have to research all the sectoids to get them to go away forever so you still have a chance at that siren.  Just be patient.

Or y'know, edit that save file.  It's your game.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 23, 2018, 02:53:09 am »
Mm I'll wait around then! Hopefully in the next few years!... As my girls are already starting to get the immortal condemnation. 

Edit! I have contacts: ret! Without siren being researched, so something is wrong with needing all of them for it! So they're gone, for goods.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:59:14 am by Ninawindia »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 23, 2018, 03:06:25 am »
That's not supposed to happen.  Part of Contacts: Rets is Reticulan Hive and that one among other things requires a siren.  How were you able to research the Hive and the Contacts without the siren?

Edit: Oh dear, I think I've finally pinpointed the problem.  Advanced Medicine requires Healing Gel which in turn requires Reticulan Genetics which is why you need a siren.  Contacts: Reticulans makes all sectoids go away forever, but that requires Reticulan Hive which itself needs four kinds of sectoids researched first.  However, Reticulan Hive can also be gotten for free from certain sectoids (the siren's not among them), bypassing the need to research those sectoids and thus the siren.  So you must've gotten the Hive for free and then researched the Contacts afterwards, thus eliminating all sectoids and any chance of getting a siren for the Genetics which is not given for free at all by anything.

Looks like the Reticulan tech tree still has a few holes left.  Go ahead and edit your save file, then.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:20:20 am by BBHood217 »

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 23, 2018, 03:37:07 am »
Oh well, thanks for all the help, and now we've even found something for dioxine to patch!... Only I could accidentally break my game this hard. Lol

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 24, 2018, 01:36:12 pm »
I can confirm that the Shadowbat + Grav Harness + Mortar is true love. Very fun combo.

However, there's something I'm confused with: How can you unlock the Pachyderm vessel? I have been looking through the Research tree but I can't find the necessary requirements. Did it become a Codex-locked choice?

I'm using the More Cars and Tanks + Self-driven Car mods, but I don't think these should affect this.

Offline Filipsan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 24, 2018, 01:43:25 pm »
From what can i see in .rul files, you need to unlock "Contacts: Authorized Dealers" through bounty hunting (Prize: Bank Favors)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 24, 2018, 06:04:53 pm »
I can confirm that the Shadowbat + Grav Harness + Mortar is true love. Very fun combo.

Mortar goes well with everything, it’s soy sauce of warfare.

It would however be a lot less (or more) fun if the AI knew how to use them.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 24, 2018, 06:19:40 pm »
It would however be a lot less (or more) fun if the AI knew how to use them.

The AI does know how to use mortars, I made sure of that.