aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033476 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #690 on: December 05, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »
I build barracks and a second extractor.
The third brainer comes later, rather going to add more runts to create x-grog faster.
Might have to reconsider this strat now that x-grog gives less ransom.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 06, 2017, 09:45:38 am »
I am deep into the late game, but still have trouble shooting down silver tower for SG Coordinator with 3 4x avalanche devastators + tanking dragon. And I only saw 2 or 3 of them in a ~150 hours campaign anyway, so not like I have a chance to try again. I downed several SG cruisers and even battleships, but no there were no coordinators on them, alive at least.

So on which ships or missions does the Public Enemy spawn? I read they spawn on a "larger smuggler ship", I assume it's the round one with a ramp? If so, I have been going after them for entire campaign, and probably have over 50 assaults of that craft, and never ever had one spawn. Any other ways to get the SG code or any of those two as prisoners?

EDIT: no SG bases too, I only had academy bases for entire campaign.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:56:57 am by Mechanique »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 06, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »
To my knowledge, SGs, like reticulans and bandits, never build a base.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #693 on: December 06, 2017, 03:44:03 pm »
The Millenio Falcon is a smuggler ship that can carry the PE.  It is a random mission, so RNGesus has not been with you.  The SG coordinator is found on Silver Towers and Battleships iirc.  The Silver Tower requires a dedicated attack craft to down its shields before the damage dealers can really take it out.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 06, 2017, 05:08:02 pm »
The Silver Tower requires a dedicated attack craft to down its shields before the damage dealers can really take it out.
Dragon with 4x tesla coil :3

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #695 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:32 pm »
To my knowledge, SGs, like reticulans and bandits, never build a base.

I did have a campaign some time ago, where the first base spawned, iirc was a stargod base, and the second was merc base.  I don't know if Dioxine has changed the mission tables since then to deny StarGods their random chance at a base on the backwater.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #696 on: December 06, 2017, 07:14:13 pm »
I did have a campaign some time ago, where the first base spawned, iirc was a stargod base, and the second was merc base.  I don't know if Dioxine has changed the mission tables since then to deny StarGods their random chance at a base on the backwater.

I did not, too much hassle.

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 07, 2017, 06:58:46 am »
How do I equip the integrity field? (or any other shadowtech)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:41 am »
the go into STC slots on the craft equip screen. Only the menace class and earlier game craft like the purple turtle, and other codex limited craft can use them at present. Check the bootypedia for specifics.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 12, 2017, 03:40:23 pm »
What is better, mammoth shotgun or arena flakk cannon or is there even better early midgame pellet thrower I am overlooking?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 12, 2017, 05:20:46 pm »
What is better, mammoth shotgun or arena flakk cannon or is there even better early midgame pellet thrower I am overlooking?

Mammoth Chain Shotgun has the feature of damaging armor while sporting a higher rate of fire (up to 3 autoshots for 15x25 damage shots, 4x snapshot) and better accuracy in almost all firemodes with 50% less long-range penalty.

The arena flak cannon on the other hand can roll higher damage results (38x10 tho, so you can roll a 76 on each pellet in comparision to max 50 for the other one).
The arena flak cannon does more damage in tradeoff for less accuracy. It's meant for the real-close encounter for point-blank buckshots. (1 tile space to avoid close-combat-checks)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 15, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »
So the Academy tried to find my base in the first couple of months as usual, but they never found it and I lacked the capability to shoot them down at the time.  They have not tried again since.

And so one year in, I'm still without any hideout search orders and thus no way of getting to Dr. X and her database.  Am I screwed?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 15, 2017, 09:41:30 pm »
I think ambulances will keep searching for your hideouts untill you research the database.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 16, 2017, 01:31:02 am »
I suppose it's all just RNG and everything can't be fit into the first year.  Sectoids have been awfully rare too, and I haven't seen any mercenaries and imperial probes.  Here's hoping that year 2 picks up, but I'm gonna call shenanigans if ambulances still don't show up by year's end.

Another question: How do I get Biz Wiz?  Actually, is he even implemented yet?

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 16, 2017, 01:54:25 am »
I had a similar case.  After missing the first few ambulances, they didn't show up again until mid 2602.  As for Wiz Biz, I think you need to do Red Mage's Tedious Research.  They have the first three rewards implemented so far.