Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1055506 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #660 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »
I see. Voodoo School isn't completed yet.

BTW Human Mage durning Escape Tower mission gave me hard beating with some electric visual efffect and after taking him down he had that Masters Cane thing in his pockets.
For the first time had to do some savescumm because had no freaking idea what was going on. Fatal strikes out of nowhere are not fun :(

It's something like 0-210 mind-damage with a 20-80 hitchance over 30+ tiles.
You either alpha-strike a human mage /noblewoman or lose 1-2 hands for free.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 16, 2017, 10:25:17 pm »
Escape Tower mission with landing strip tower and crew already on board is extreamly easy. Just pickaxe an entry and stun everyone. But the same mission with no ship and human mage on the loose... nigthmare.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2017, 02:55:14 am »
Yeah there are unfortunately some instances of RNG just absolutely screwing the player, with no other option but eat the resulting loses.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »
Yeah there are unfortunately some instances of RNG just absolutely screwing the player, with no other option but eat the resulting loses.

Dunno but something like counterplay to this would be great.
"Bejuwled cap" can't be the only option to 'barely' protect maybe one hand from sudden death (and that's still an 'if it does so at all')

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 18, 2017, 04:38:52 am »
There will always be problems like this in games with any sort of randomization. Complete mitigation of "bad" results with multiple random factors is unreasonable to expect in an unfinished constantly iterating game. Be thankful dioxine notices community  reports and adjusts. Lots of devs don't.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 18, 2017, 11:34:52 am »
That's true. Let's see about it in a few weeks.

Edit: RNG hates me and rolls as shitty as possible to give me a 0 while attempting to shot humanist activists with a super magnum.
Guess we're breaking the game to much if bonus damage gained by stats is added 'on top' of the damage result.
Kustom Handcannon for odd reasons still uses 50-150% damage rolls.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:23:51 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 20, 2017, 04:28:04 pm »
Can anyone tell me if the wound recovery for units is recalculated when new facilities are built at the injured gal's base?  Are they updated when you ship a gal to a base with better medical facilities?  Or are you always stuck with the initial recovery roll from after the mission she got injured and have to wait for that timer to expire?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 20, 2017, 04:36:50 pm »
The way wound recovery is calculated starts by giving each wounded gal a number of 'recovery days' immediately after a mission. Then at midnight, each base recovers 1 day baseline for each gal assigned to it, including those in transit, plus any bonus recovery days from facilities. So sending a wounded gal from a outpost without a recovery facility to a base that does will speed up the recovery.

Note that transferring doesn't change the number of recovery days the gal has left, just the number removed per each 'real' day.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 23, 2017, 02:38:38 pm »
Greetings, it's been a while since I played this, and several new updates have been posted already. I'm starting a new game with the latest version (H2) after so long, but I found a minor problem that I haven't been able to fix yet: Where's the option to automatically select pilots for your airships and such? For some reason I can't find it. Was this option deleted with the latest update or something? Could it be an issue with a certain mod?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 23, 2017, 03:09:30 pm »
The option should be in the options -> mod menu.
Otherwise it shouldn't be much of an issue to assign the soldiers by yourself.

Also the auto-assign pilots feature seems to pick your best pilots anyway.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 23, 2017, 04:07:06 pm »
The option should be in the options -> mod menu.
Otherwise it shouldn't be much of an issue to assign the soldiers by yourself.

Also the auto-assign pilots feature seems to pick your best pilots anyway.

I tried looking inside the Advanced menu but nothing, it seems to be nowhere to be seen. Has someone checked if perhaps it been automatically integrated this option? It would make sense why this feature disappeared then.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it seems it works automatically now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:58:55 pm by HumanTraitor »

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 24, 2017, 06:10:43 pm »
Are there any tactics or strategies around Wench and Seducess outfits? First I use to smack my own Gals to train Bravery but the other... no idea. Effect isnt spectacular and no abillity to run in those suits doesnt make thing easier.

Some goes for Battle Flag. How do you use such item? Or why should I bother to carry it?

There are plenty of items which usefullness is beyound me. Maybe they dosnt fit my playstyle.

Is there any spectular combo for golden's codex admiral outfit?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 24, 2017, 06:57:04 pm »
Are there any tactics or strategies around Wench and Seducess outfits? First I use to smack my own Gals to train Bravery but the other... no idea. Effect isnt spectacular and no abillity to run in those suits doesnt make thing easier.

Some goes for Battle Flag. How do you use such item? Or why should I bother to carry it?

There are plenty of items which usefullness is beyound me. Maybe they dosnt fit my playstyle.

Is there any spectular combo for golden's codex admiral outfit?

Seductress can 'stun' targets she has vision at. To use the 'seduction' ability the user needs voodoo-training (v-skill > 0)
The wench can restore lost morale and stuff while also slapping in melee with 'bad tough'.
Battle Flag restored TU to those in the area of effect and is best handled by high-bravery hands.

Admiral outfit massively boots bravery. Guns with bravery-score damage-boost are the to-go solution: Kustom Handcannon, Boarding Gun.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 25, 2017, 10:55:22 am »
Admiral outfit doesn't give much armor and Handcannon need to bo used mid to short range.

Hmm...

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 25, 2017, 11:47:22 am »
Admiral outfit doesn't give much armor and Handcannon need to bo used mid to short range.

Hmm...

But the suit isn't for armor itself, more for the buff. As for the hand Cannon, it's pretty nice in a mansion invasion. That+admirals outfit are pretty nice!