aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033763 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #645 on: November 11, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »
The shields have their own HP, counted by a tag in the save file using scripts, the flash means they're blocking damage. The type determines how effective they are against each damage type, but that would take too much space to type out in the article. It should be effective against most damage types save for environmental and smoke.

Offline seato39

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 13, 2017, 01:06:46 am »
1.Why is the heat ray pistol so much more effective than pretty much every other fire based weapon? It does 60 burn damage, while the arena fireball launcher does 70 and the rod of hellfire used by a high voodoo power gal can do more than 70. Yet the heat ray is consistently one shoting enemies that the other 2 weapons I listed take 4 or more shots to kill the same type of enemy. Looking at the ruleset, I'm assuming it has something to do with this (FireBlastCalc: false). Do the other fire based weapons spread out the damage across their radius, while the heat ray does 60 across its whole radius instead of spreading it out?

2.Assuming the different difficulties for xpiratez works like they do in vanilla, is it possible to mod the settings so enemy stats stay at 100%, but have the increased spawns of the higher difficulties? If so, where and what do I need to change? Basically I want the enemy stats of the John Silver difficulty, but the increased spawns of the Jack Sparrow difficulty.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 13, 2017, 01:45:08 am »
1. That's because fireballs\hellfire only does standard fire damage per shot, which is 5-10. The "damage" of those only determines the blast size.

If you want an actual comparison, compare heat rays with WP grenades - same 60 damage, but WP grenade does full damage, as does heat ray, apparently.

2. I believe it's hardcoded. Don't take my word for it, though; I haven't checked myself.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 13, 2017, 02:12:32 am »
Was the ability to toggle personal lights on and off removed ?  The hotkeys entry for personal lights in the boodypedia isn't there anymore and I know it used to be as I've used that feature before.  If it's still possible to toggle lighting does anyone know the hotkey for it ?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #649 on: November 13, 2017, 03:28:02 am »
Was the ability to toggle personal lights on and off removed ?  The hotkeys entry for personal lights in the boodypedia isn't there anymore and I know it used to be as I've used that feature before.  If it's still possible to toggle lighting does anyone know the hotkey for it ?

You can set it as you like under controls.  I have mine set to "L" for lights.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 13, 2017, 06:15:31 am »
You can set it as you like under controls.  I have mine set to "L" for lights.

Ahh, thanks!  I poked around in the options settings but for some reason I overlooked the glaringly obvious controls tab.

Offline Troubleshooter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 15, 2017, 01:57:04 pm »
I have a question about the dojo, how often will stat increases proc, and is it a set amount each day/week/month /whatever or is there some element of randomness? How long would I expect it to take to "max out" a basic hand, for example?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 15, 2017, 02:08:35 pm »
I have a question about the dojo, how often will stat increases proc, and is it a set amount each day/week/month /whatever or is there some element of randomness? How long would I expect it to take to "max out" a basic hand, for example?

If you set the game to "training possible at every time" I guess it's somewhat proc-ing every 10 days. Dojo-maxing a hand takes several months to archieve and the max-out is rather 'average' than those stats of your mission-veterans.

If you set the option to: "can't change training during month" the stat-gain happens at the end of the month

Edit:
Ohartenstein below knows the correct answer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:03:59 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 15, 2017, 02:53:28 pm »
The 'training at any time' option gives the dojo a chance at stat gain every day at midnight - every unit in training gets a dice roll for every stat that's under the training cap and is trainable by the dojo.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 15, 2017, 04:02:08 pm »
In that case I'm curious about the stat-cap for the luxury spa.
Does it use the same rules like the dojo or is this facility 'better' in training?

As for now it's very questionable to build this spa.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 15, 2017, 05:07:42 pm »
It uses the exact same rules, but you should consult the ruleset for the caps. I'd guess they'd be the same as the dojo, since training caps are defined by soldier type.  There's also the benefit of some wound recovery and the ability to turn slave maids into super maids if you have voodoo: excess.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 16, 2017, 01:48:29 am »
What techs are required to use Masters Cane? So far I can only Throw it and have no idea how use it propeties described in bootypedia.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 16, 2017, 01:52:45 am »
It's a voodoo (psionic) weapon, so to use it your gals have to be voodoo-trained, i.e. have a nonzero voodoo skill.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 16, 2017, 09:10:24 am »
What techs are required to use Masters Cane? So far I can only Throw it and have no idea how use it properties described in bootypedia.

The cane is also depending on the users rank. Gals, Boss Gals and Mistress ranks barely profit from this item.
Also your baroness and duchess need proper voodoo training (and at best a voodoo outfit) to work as intended.
Also RNG to get a high-enough voodoo-power on those gals.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 16, 2017, 08:40:34 pm »
I see. Voodoo School isn't completed yet.

BTW Human Mage durning Escape Tower mission gave me hard beating with some electric visual efffect and after taking him down he had that Masters Cane thing in his pockets.
For the first time had to do some savescumm because had no freaking idea what was going on. Fatal strikes out of nowhere are not fun :(