Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033375 times)

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #585 on: September 28, 2017, 12:35:19 am »
How do you equip a cloaking device? I have a Jellyfish with two STC slots, and a cloaking device. I can't seem to equip them from the vessel eqiup screen. (The Jellyfish can equip cloaking devices, right?)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:20:38 am by JDCollie »

Offline Premier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 28, 2017, 12:57:43 am »
If you set on unlimited sell the net-income stated is for the whole month.
Item cost is included in the net-income.

Thanks!

Offline Serpentium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:21 am »
How do you equip a cloaking device? I have a Jellyfish with two STC slots, and a cloaking device. I can't seem to equip them from the vessel eqiup screen. (The Jellyfish can equip cloaking devices, right?)

The cloaking devices are used for new aircraft that you build. We can assume that most ships you buy from the black market (mainly the shadowtech ones) already have one. While the casual ships that you can buy are really inconspicuous. I guess in game terms, your ship is mostly cloaked until you engage in combat or land.

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 28, 2017, 05:09:59 am »
The cloaking devices are used for new aircraft that you build. We can assume that most ships you buy from the black market (mainly the shadowtech ones) already have one. While the casual ships that you can buy are really inconspicuous. I guess in game terms, your ship is mostly cloaked until you engage in combat or land.
Ahhh, okay. I guess that makes sense since they show up in the components section of the Black Market. Thanks!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #589 on: September 28, 2017, 05:03:02 pm »
Generally speaking STC component are currently extremely rare.  The slots are built into the craft but missions that generate the needed components are very few.  Expect this to improve as Dioxine adds more missions.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 30, 2017, 10:12:58 am »
What is that "Scout" thing and where to get it? I need it to get "Cybernetic Interface". Also where easy get toxigun? Becouse Pest Control Menagers don't appeared on my gameplay I can't find it and that thing block "Advanced Chemistry" and this block "School Graduation".

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 30, 2017, 11:55:44 am »
What is that "Scout" thing and where to get it? I need it to get "Cybernetic Interface". Also where easy get toxigun? Becouse Pest Control Menagers don't appeared on my gameplay I can't find it and that thing block "Advanced Chemistry" and this block "School Graduation".

You can re-reserch ghouls / ghoul-scientists / guild engineers or roll lucky with a "decripted datadisk" to get the toxigun research topic.
That's a possible solution to get the shematics for the gun and unlock your endgame research topic.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 30, 2017, 12:37:09 pm »
Ok, thanks. But what about that "Scout"? What is it?

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 30, 2017, 12:39:03 pm »
"Scout" is the scout ship documentation, easiest way to get that is engineers.

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 30, 2017, 10:20:43 pm »
The way to stun units that explode on death is to give them a bunch of stun damage without knocking them unconscious, then lowering their HP below the stun level without killing.
I can't get this to work. Whatever damage type I pick they die anyway. Damage that wouldn't make them explode doesn't, but it still kills them. They fall over without the scream as if stunned, but are still dead.

From an amateurish look at the code, it doesn't seem like it should. It looks like UnitDieBState just kills any unconscious exploding creatures:
Code: [Select]
if (_unit->getStatus() == STATUS_UNCONSCIOUS && (_unit->getSpecialAbility() == SPECAB_EXPLODEONDEATH || _unit->getSpecialAbility() == SPECAB_BURN_AND_EXPLODE))
{
_unit->instaKill();
}

I can't work out what's supposed to be different about applying lethal rather than stun damage last, so I can't tell what I'm doing wrong.

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 30, 2017, 11:48:08 pm »
What's up with the little hordes of expeditions that happen once in awhile?

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 01, 2017, 12:23:17 am »
The expeditions are Ratmen looking for your base.  If they find it you get a simplified base invasion with low-level guns (though bloodhounds are still a threat).

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 01, 2017, 12:37:05 am »
The expeditions are Ratmen looking for your base.  If they find it you get a simplified base invasion with low-level guns (though bloodhounds are still a threat).

If they are looking for the base then they're just trying to find it not attack it. Ive had them go right over my base and not cause a base assault.

Instant base attacks that might happen without a ship however (comm wave?) are an important reason to always have hands at your base, and not take everyone with you on a mission. One hand could potentially wipe a ratmen attack if they had some combo like a combat shotgun and a magnum (and defender or revenant armor). But it would be a challenge.

Yes I have defended my base with only like 2 or 3 hands before, from the academy no less.

Offline Erling

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:35 pm »
Ahoy everyone. I'm new to Piratez, though quite experienced with original X-Com.

How can I plunder vessels in X-Piratez?

The only landed vessels I've ever seen were feeble hunters from the very beginning of the game. Since then not a single vessel ever landed. I tried to pursue them with "shadow them!" option in air battle mode, I tried to pursue them without engaging in combat (setting waypoints endlessly), but they didn't land anyway.

I haven't captured any vessel weapons yet (because I, uh, can't plunder vessels). I'm still using the Airbus, though I can purchase basic vessels from Car Thieves.

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 11, 2017, 08:54:16 pm »
To follow a vessel in geoscape, click on the overlapped squares in one of the top corners (haven't played in a while) and that should make your ship follow their ship in normal time without having to place down way points.

Airbus can't really move a large distance so finding a landed ship is pretty hard, so best bet is to get a new ship that can equip weapons.