Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033473 times)

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #510 on: August 05, 2017, 08:39:29 am »
Favorite pistols? I haven't been too impressed with any of them except the scoped magnum this playthrough.

Super Magnum with mercury rounds on a girl with max reaction is pretty strong

and Death Blossom... so OP why is Death Blossom so OP omg. Is Death Blossom even a pistol? It's a 1 handed weapon so maybe. And it's so incredibly OP... so... over... powered... I can't even...

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 05, 2017, 10:14:21 am »
My favorites are: magnum, gauss pistol and SR laser pistol. Haven't got the latter two yet though :v.

Alright, so what's the deal with acid rain? The population says that "It hurts" but it doesn't seem to actually be dealing any damage, is it doing morale damage? And what item/s can prevent this? Logically goggles or a chem coat would help, but their description just says that they reduce chem damage.
It needs to get past your armor first (yes, even if there's no armor). Don't dawdle, or girls will start to take damage for real. The only way to prevent damage is to reduce your vulnerability to chemical damage.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 05, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »
Super Magnum with mercury rounds on a girl with max reaction is pretty strong

and Death Blossom... so OP why is Death Blossom so OP omg. Is Death Blossom even a pistol? It's a 1 handed weapon so maybe. And it's so incredibly OP... so... over... powered... I can't even...

It's a heavy weapon for a 1-h pistol (smg). Yes it has a huge clip and good damage with various ammo types to choose from. It's a bit hard to hit with it at longer range.
My personal fav. is the Cougar SMG with similiar clip-size, good damage and amazing snapshot accuracy.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #513 on: August 05, 2017, 07:06:17 pm »
It's a heavy weapon for a 1-h pistol (smg). Yes it has a huge clip and good damage with various ammo types to choose from. It's a bit hard to hit with it at longer range.
My personal fav. is the Cougar SMG with similiar clip-size, good damage and amazing snapshot accuracy.

Yes, but the Cougar is even more advanced than the Death Blossom, and far less pretty.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 05, 2017, 07:12:28 pm »
Two little questions:

1. Just how rare shadow orbs of X are? I'm doing every space & sea mission that drops my way, but still, no luck, and it's the third year of campaign already.

2. Where can I find solmine geo charges? They look like high explosives with bigger boom, and I don't really need them, but I want to research one so I can make more.

Yes, but the Cougar is even more advanced than the Death Blossom, and far less pretty.

Funnily enough, I don't consider death blossom that pretty. The size puts me off too.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 05, 2017, 08:25:54 pm »
1. Just how rare shadow orbs of X are? I'm doing every space & sea mission that drops my way, but still, no luck, and it's the third year of campaign already.

Really freakin' rare. I've only ever found one shadow orb, on a sunken galleon mission. I think that's the only mission that spawns them and the potential loot list is huuuuuuuuge, reducing the chance of a rare drop to... well, rare.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 05, 2017, 09:02:03 pm »

The death blossom comes close to the bulkiness of Warhammer 40k boltpistols and heavy boltpistols.
Also the blossom is a 2x2 item and takes most of the belt-slots while cougar can fit in the holster.
Up and downsides, the blossom sure sticks around as a lovely 'sidearm' to your 1-h sword/axe/claw

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 05, 2017, 09:17:57 pm »
Is it normal for my secondary bases to get trashed by goverment?

In my campaign I ever attacked government ship 1 time and only on ground mission, early on before decoder, and it had pilot on in it that I needed so much.

Fast forward about a year later, I build the second hideout, for alcohol production to boost income and finally use up my 400+ apple stash. Drop two shrouds as well, to avoid random attacks. Two month later, a dozen govt enforcers barges in and takes it.

Half a year later I get few millions to spare, and build yet another second hideout. Again, two shrouds, hangar, large barracks, order still and power plant. Before it is anywhere close to finished, breakers spawns in Europe and goes straight for it, with general and tanks, and more bunch of enforcers vs my modest garrison.

Is it some kind of a new "feature" for random govt crackdowns, am I randomly unlucky, or I somehow fucked up and government will hunt me forever? From my last campaign, I never ever had secondary hideouts that were not used for interceptions attacked. And even then never by the government.

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 05, 2017, 09:41:57 pm »
You're not alone on that front of newly built bases being raided. 3 years into my campaign and only now starting to build a second base to hold multiple attack ships to shoot down big shippings. In all of my previous campaigns the second base was always also attack which was what originally put me off on starting a second base. (Had shrouds and everything)

But now, I'll be prepared. . .maybe too prepared.

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 05, 2017, 10:50:52 pm »
This was almost a year's worth of versions back, so I didn't think it relevant, but it could be. I also had a problem with new bases being mercilessly attacked out of nowhere, even though they were completely demilitarised, and in a few cases not even built yet. I think I had 3 bases established at the time (after about 1.5 years) and any time I built a fourth it was just doomed. I figured I was over-expanding, but if people are having similar problems with a second base I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 06, 2017, 01:57:32 am »
I can't remember exactly, but crackdown missions enter the mission pool for enemy shipping about 2 years in, even if you don't shoot down shipping. That may be what you are seeing.

Then there's the ratmen patrols and academy ambulances that you can see from the very start of the game in the new versions.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 06, 2017, 02:36:47 am »
Silly question, but how to train gals in voodoo school? Right-click does nothing, middle is info and left is dismantle. I remember it working as dojo or spa in eralier versions, is there a sub-menu somewhere now?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 06, 2017, 09:09:27 am »
Check that you can do psionic training anytime, first.  Though assuming you can do the dojo already, it should be set that way.  I seem to remember it being done through the employee page, though.

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 06, 2017, 09:46:14 am »
At the start of the month a menu will pop up and ask you who you want up for training. The voodoo school is useless until then.

Also, Death Bloom with HVAC round does 60 damage per shot, 12 shots per round and half damage to stun... I wouldn't have survived raiding ethereal ships with so many prisoners if it weren't for the superior firepower of the HVAC Death Bloom!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 06, 2017, 04:36:58 pm »
I to have experienced a significant upswing in retaliations. I suspect that the infinite retaliation bug is back in some form. 7+ retaliations in 3 months seems quite high for my one barely established base in the arctic. And this is the 3rd base i've had up there, lost previous 2 to my own stupidity. In all i think im up around 15-18 retaliations in the arctic on the particular game.