aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034509 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2017, 04:47:46 pm »
Oh, ok. So I guess I will have to manufacture that one first. Thank you very much.

You're welcome.
I've extended the tech tree viewer too, so in next version this should not happen anymore.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »
In this case you need to manufacture first, research second... which is all explained in the opening article to all the trophies, by the way.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »
What's the deal with Megapol? Do you get negative points for shooting them down? Will they retaliate? Why is there no way to enslave those wolfmen? The Gals demand puppies!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »
What's the deal with Megapol? Do you get negative points for shooting them down? Will they retaliate? Why is there no way to enslave those wolfmen? The Gals demand puppies!

Beastmen for aux :D
Fighting Megapol nets no negative score btw. If they get a crackdown mission, you'll get the usual encounter of plasma weaponry + blasterlauncher + microwave cookers.
Megapol isn't considered Govt. so you can freely gun them down because f+ck da police.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:15:30 am by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
If they get a crackdown mission, you'll get the usual encounter of plasma weaponry + blasterlauncher + microwave cookers.

Is this still true? I started a new campaign recently and got raided by a bunch of nurses with mostly stun weapons arriving in an ambulance (thanks for that encounter, dioxin, btw - this mod never stops to amaze me!). They killed the parrot!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2017, 11:54:55 am »
Is this still true? I started a new campaign recently and got raided by a bunch of nurses with mostly stun weapons arriving in an ambulance (thanks for that encounter, dioxin, btw - this mod never stops to amaze me!). They killed the parrot!

The crackdown for academy nurses and ratman bandits have thier own mission parameter with an own loadout considering 'terror units' and weaponry.
Those are harmless/ challenging in the early stages of the game.

No worries with plasma ownage or cyberdisk rape.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2017, 10:00:35 pm »
So, is the Shadowbat making anything stealthy? How exactly?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2017, 10:40:54 pm »
So, is the Shadowbat making anything stealthy? How exactly?

It's your to-go night-ops vessel. It doesn't stealth in terms of camo but will enlighten a bright area @ battlescape. Your team can deploy concealed out of the stairs and shot onto enlighted foes.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43:55 pm »
On night missions, the Shadowbat has far reaching lights that can illuminate a sizeable part of the battlescape, whilst keeping the area immediately under (and above?) the craft in total darkness. Your hands can exit the craft and take up firing positions underneath the craft using the cover of darkness whilst everything around it is lit up like a Christmas tree. Of course, advancing away from the Shadowbat will expose you too.

Might be handy if you don't feel like throwing fire/magna lights/electroflares about the place on night missions.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2017, 01:37:09 pm »
Might be handy if you don't feel like throwing fire/magna lights/electroflares about the place on night missions.

Using those are risky, the AI get's a reactionshot if they see your gals carrying/throwing them.
If you carry those in your handslot you enlighten the area which can cause unwanted trouble.

Best bet is to rely on night-ops and sniper suits (and similar gear)

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 20, 2017, 10:48:37 am »
Another stupid question inbound.
I finished the topic "Plotting" and it said that the pillow books can be researched for new topics. But when I created few of the books, I don't have them in topics to research. The Tech Tree seems to be void of any topic called Pillow Book. Am I to assume that it is just a flavor text then?
(And as a minor question the Pillow Book itself can't be Middle-Mouse clicked in inventory for more info on it, that ok, or do I have messed installation?)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 20, 2017, 11:37:12 am »
You need a library and a mess at the hideout you want to produce the pillow book.

The old earth lab doesn't count.
The 1st pillow book has to be produced first before you can get the actual bootypedia entry for the item itself (similiar to gun almanach and others)

The pillow book got alot of fan-service in it, the important topics inside might take a while to get.
Saving grace, the research usually takes 1-3 days for each book and can be repeated several times.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2017, 01:53:07 pm »
You need a library and a mess at the hideout you want to produce the pillow book.

The old earth lab doesn't count.
The 1st pillow book has to be produced first before you can get the actual bootypedia entry for the item itself (similiar to gun almanach and others)

The pillow book got alot of fan-service in it, the important topics inside might take a while to get.
Saving grace, the research usually takes 1-3 days for each book and can be repeated several times.

I have 8 of those books manufactured. But seemingly can't do anything with them, they dont react to middle-click which I assumed means I need to research them, but they are not on topic list for researching and I can't find them in tech tree to get info on what all needs to be researched so I can do those. That's what kinda makes me worried I have badly installed the game.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #283 on: May 20, 2017, 04:34:51 pm »
You can't research pillow books w/o Naughty Mod enabled, for that all fanservice mentioned.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 20, 2017, 04:53:21 pm »
You can't research pillow books w/o Naughty Mod enabled, for that all fanservice mentioned.
Aaaah bludner-ed again, thank you very much for clearing that up.