Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034763 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2017, 10:22:33 am »
Melee is also viable. Melee beats everything.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2017, 11:17:47 am »
True.

Cryssalids can pierce through 140 frontplate of an X-Sectopod.
Bloodaxe can chew through everything.
A handle solves nearly every close-quarter combat.

Can we get a "Power-Handle" like the upgraded baseball bat?

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »
Another day, another stupid questions. I did some of the throphies related missions, got the goblin Zaxx, Jack and Mutant alliance.. .enough to make The C pass. I created that, researched it, but still just getting the D level missions. Do I have to create the pass again?

And the second one. Where do I get the Assasination trophy. Is that the C level of trophies related bounty hunting?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 07:41:23 pm by Noir_CZ »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2017, 08:05:54 pm »
Another day, another stupid questions. I did some of the throphies related missions, got the goblin Zaxx, Jack and Mutant alliance.. .enough to make The C pass. I created that, researched it, but still just getting the D level missions. Do I have to create the pass again?

And the second one. Where do I get the Assasination trophy. Is that the C level of trophies related bounty hunting?

Assassination Trophies are earned for the mutant alliance mission to 'assasinate' mutant traitors.
I guess the C-Level missions will spawn in the following month.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2017, 08:53:47 pm »
Assassination Trophies are earned for the mutant alliance mission to 'assasinate' mutant traitors.
I guess the C-Level missions will spawn in the following month.

Just came in to write that my luck got better and now I got that C level, getting some mage and his goons... which I did, researched the asssasination trophy... and a prize I got from alliance before (the martial arts topic) aaaaaand now I am stumped again... I checked what I need for *The Mutant Alliance* topic and I have everything researched, but it is not as research option in my lab.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2017, 11:45:26 pm »
Well No seductress outfit... just wench and novice. As I mentioned, due to new update I can't research the alliance and back to school nor library so...
Used the rod of bliss and wand of firebolts, wand of rending and wand of airlesness several times, no go.
Didn't realize seductress was gated behind mutant alliance.  I haven't tried it but I imagine a successful wench attack should also reveal psi strength and train psi skill.  Unless there's something special about seductress, the mechanic of using a built-in voodoo attack to reveal psi stats should be the same

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2017, 11:47:21 pm »
Didn't realize seductress was gated behind mutant alliance.  I haven't tried it but I imagine a successful wench attack should also reveal psi strength and train psi skill.  Unless there's something special about seductress, the mechanic of using a built-in voodoo attack to reveal psi stats should be the same
Used that as well, then I switched that outfit out for the novice outfit and am currently using the rod of bliss, reticulan laser gun and magical baseball bat. No psi stats revealed. :-)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2017, 12:24:23 am »
I haven't tried it but I imagine a successful wench attack should also reveal psi strength and train psi skill.  Unless there's something special about seductress, the mechanic of using a built-in voodoo attack to reveal psi stats should be the same

There is an inherent difference between the seductress attack and the wench attack - the wench's Bad Touch counts as a gun (not a psi attack!) for the game engine, it just happens to get a boost from voodoo skills.  The seductress' power is an actual psi attack for the engine.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2017, 12:56:19 am »
Interesting!  Learn something new here every day.  Sorry Noir, guess there is no psi work around until you get that research issue fixed.  Looks like this last update had a lot of early game research changes. I wonder if you need to re-research something, like one of the get-for-frees from captives.  I'm watching Poet's campaign and he had to re-research integrated devices and he's at least 3 or 4 years in

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2017, 06:53:29 am »
What happened to being able to hide manufacturing options?

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2017, 08:14:16 am »
Interesting!  Learn something new here every day.  Sorry Noir, guess there is no psi work around until you get that research issue fixed.  Looks like this last update had a lot of early game research changes. I wonder if you need to re-research something, like one of the get-for-frees from captives.  I'm watching Poet's campaign and he had to re-research integrated devices and he's at least 3 or 4 years in

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Actually did re-research those. What is confusing me now is that the *The Mutant Alliance* research topic listed topic that I need are all darkened, that I researched them, but still can't do the Mutant Aliance topic itself. Maybe I need to wait into next month... or maybe it is that I messed up the install process. After all I forgot all about the replacing STR_SECTOID_CORPSE with STR_ACADEMY_CORPSE ... I hope I can still make it now, after few days of playing. But from the names I doub't it will solve my problém.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2017, 10:22:58 am »
"Alliance Favors" is now needed as prerequisite for *Mutant Alliance*.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2017, 10:34:59 am »
"Alliance Favors" is now needed as prerequisite for *Mutant Alliance*.
I have those or at least when I use the 'cheaty' tech-tree viewer, it says that I have everything for *The Mutant Alliance* researched.
They are (Who is Who, Mutant origins, contact: Merchants, Communications, Mutant Pogrom, Researching, Assasination trophy, Prize: Alliance favors) all dark purple, which I assume is marked as researched, because before I got the C level boutny for mage the trophy was kinda uh... pink-ish color (same color as is the Library, Zero tolerance and Mutant alliance (Dep.) on the right side of the tech tree viewer).
I can now manufacture the favors for 600 tokens, which I assume I have them researched. I am afraid I am doing something terrible wrong.

Link to my savefile.... maybe someone can spot what am I doing stupidly wrong.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adv74ey8n08exkj/635.sav?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:42:57 am by Noir_CZ »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2017, 11:25:45 am »
Link to my savefile.... maybe someone can spot what am I doing stupidly wrong.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adv74ey8n08exkj/635.sav?dl=0

You don't have research topic "Prize: Alliance Favors" (STR_BOUNTY_HUNTING_PRIZE_ALLIANCE_FAVORS) yet.

The Tech Tree Viewer shows it as researched already, because it found it in a list of already researched/available manufacturing topics.... there is unfortunately a manufacturing topic with exactly the same ID, which is unlocked without having the corresponding research first.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2017, 12:05:34 pm »
You don't have research topic "Prize: Alliance Favors" (STR_BOUNTY_HUNTING_PRIZE_ALLIANCE_FAVORS) yet.

The Tech Tree Viewer shows it as researched already, because it found it in a list of already researched/available manufacturing topics.... there is unfortunately a manufacturing topic with exactly the same ID, which is unlocked without having the corresponding research first.

Oh, ok. So I guess I will have to manufacture that one first. Thank you very much.