Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034520 times)

Offline Haggashed

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #240 on: May 10, 2017, 02:55:04 am »
two questions,
what the hell are these solar arrays that spawn by the hundreds around my base, they just hang around going 100 but i can only destroy them even with a 25 mm.
and two any tips on finding the last star god novice on a map ???

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2017, 09:21:02 am »
Solar Arrays?
Can you offer a screenshot? I suggest you mean ratman-raidparties (those go 100speed and die in one hit). Those spawn like 6-10 little red dots searching for your hideout(s) to perform a crackdown.

To find the last star god novice you need patience. There're hard to see due to camo. If you have someone with SPOT in your team, use him/her to increase your chance of finding him.
You still need to be careful tho since his ghostbeam bypasses all armor and is extremly precise for a snapshot.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2017, 02:39:05 am »
two questions,
what the hell are these solar arrays that spawn by the hundreds around my base, they just hang around going 100 but i can only destroy them even with a 25 mm.
and two any tips on finding the last star god novice on a map ???

They do really look like solar arrays :). Yes, they are ratmen looking for your base.

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2017, 12:04:32 am »
Is there a way to destroy those Ratmen search parties?  I tried attacking one once but just ended up wasting a few hundred cannon rounds and doing no damage.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2017, 12:13:00 am »
Yeah they can be shot down.  You might just have a very inaccurate cannon and a pilot with bad aim stats.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2017, 12:14:33 am »
Keep shooting until your interceptor stops missing every shot. Ratmen foot patrols are just hard to hit sometimes.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2017, 01:55:56 pm »
OK, I asked this already but I am sorry for being stupid. How does one use Master's Cane? I have it researched and acquired from some human mage that was on a joy ride in civil ship. When I put it in hand of my Gal in novice outfit I can't use it at all. Is there a specific outfit it only works with or what am I missing? (Haven't even researched Back to school, because when I was about to do the aliance research, the update came and now I need the tokens to research and not getting those missions.)
So... am I trying to use it in wrong way or am I supposed to wait for some other research?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2017, 03:11:12 pm »
Master's Cane and a number of other voodoo items require voodoo training to use.

Voodoo training is associated with the voodoo school building. Place a gal in voodoo training just like you do with normal training with a dojo or luxury spa. It is a separate window so make sure you have the right one. Once the gal has been in training for a sufficient time you will be able to see the gals voodoo stats, at that point they are "trained" and can use the previously locked items.

Behind the curtain what's happening is that Dioxine tied certain items being usable to the flag on psi power being unmasked from vanilla engine.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2017, 06:08:06 pm »
Master's Cane and a number of other voodoo items require voodoo training to use.

Voodoo training is associated with the voodoo school building. Place a gal in voodoo training just like you do with normal training with a dojo or luxury spa. It is a separate window so make sure you have the right one. Once the gal has been in training for a sufficient time you will be able to see the gals voodoo stats, at that point they are "trained" and can use the previously locked items.

Behind the curtain what's happening is that Dioxine tied certain items being usable to the flag on psi power being unmasked from vanilla engine.

A science thing then, thanks.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2017, 08:13:40 pm »
A science thing then, thanks.
Or throw a gal in seductress armor. If she can actually stun something that should reveal her voodoo strength

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2017, 09:47:25 pm »
using a wand should do it too

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2017, 10:22:23 pm »
Or throw a gal in seductress armor. If she can actually stun something that should reveal her voodoo strength

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk
Well No seductress outfit... just wench and novice. As I mentioned, due to new update I can't research the alliance and back to school nor library so...

using a wand should do it too
Used the rod of bliss and wand of firebolts, wand of rending and wand of airlesness several times, no go.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2017, 01:03:39 am »
What is a good strategy to deal with Zombies? I´m in January 2602, with chainmail, and some tech blades and cannons, and even with all that, zombie ground is something I fear. Just now I´m just losing one veteran gal per fight, but before.... well... Zombies are harsh.

So, my questions are:

What is a good strategy to deal with zombie before and after chainmail?.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2017, 01:41:53 am »
What is a good strategy to deal with Zombies? I´m in January 2602, with chainmail, and some tech blades and cannons, and even with all that, zombie ground is something I fear. Just now I´m just losing one veteran gal per fight, but before.... well... Zombies are harsh.

So, my questions are:

What is a good strategy to deal with zombie before and after chainmail?.
Auto fire weapons and a craft with a roof / grab harnesses

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2017, 03:08:09 am »
Shotguns are pretty good. Zombies aside from the military ones are nearly unarmored.