Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1284474 times)

Offline Dispector

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #4020 on: October 21, 2024, 08:36:51 pm »
Is being spotted tied to a specific spotter, or is it a general status/mark?

What I mean is, does it work like this: once a spotter sees your unit (or is shot at by your unit, or wounded by it, or killed by it), your unit is visible to the enemy snipers for the set number of turns, no matter what happens to this specific spotter? That is, if, e.g., a Master Spotter spots your unit (which apparently makes your unit visible for the rest of the battle) and is then killed, will your unit still be visible to the enemy snipers until the end of the battle, even though the enemy who has spotted it is long dead?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: October 21, 2024, 09:30:01 pm »
Yes, 'spotted' is a unit flag that doesn't track who did the spotting. It's similar to the vanilla 'AI has seen this unit X turns ago' flag.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: October 23, 2024, 11:28:18 pm »
Some units will fire at you even if they dont have a line of fire. On Highway House missions I end up having the artillery fire bursts at spotted characters even though they're behind cover. Maybe they can be "seen" but don't have a direct line of fire... it can blow away the cover and maybe land a shot at the end of the burst. Ive had thos happen multiple times.

Offline Tamren

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: Today at 04:32:23 am »
When I right click on a weapon like a shotgun on the battlescape, the weapon box is marked with a yellow dot. What does that dot signify? It looks like the red dot you get for pulling the pin on a grenade but obviously it means something else, but I can't find any documentation on this.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: Today at 06:30:26 am »
When I right click on a weapon like a shotgun on the battlescape, the weapon box is marked with a yellow dot. What does that dot signify? It looks like the red dot you get for pulling the pin on a grenade but obviously it means something else, but I can't find any documentation on this.

Preferred weapon for Reaction Shots, I think. May or may not be overridden by other factors like "Use Melee Weapon over Ranged Weapon if in Melee".