Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1255513 times)

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3975 on: September 16, 2024, 12:46:19 pm »
Those are not Shadowrealms weapons. The only real stun weapons in Shadowrealms are voodoo weapons such as Herder's Staff, Phantom Whip, Scepter of Fear... however Succubus has high voodoo defense and bravery. There's also Blood Vine Whip, which you can use to hit it until it panics, so it would surrender in the end. Grey Codex has some stun spells, as does Gudrun Sorceress.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: September 16, 2024, 01:36:22 pm »
the only way i can think of is to hit them with my bare hands and female fighters wearing nightsprite outfits, which is a bit laborious.

Thanks, I will test it!

somehow, it worked again for me. I was able to build the lifewater pool for the red mage with this

Offline Amoebka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: September 17, 2024, 12:22:52 am »
So, I'm doing a blind blackbeard ironman run for the first time, and it feels like the difficulty has dropped very dramatically after the first year. The early months were very tough (mostly because I lost my airbus and lunatics almost immediately), but now I'm making 12k score every month, generating infinite money from apples, and skipping missions out of boredom despite needing stat-ups.

Without spoiling anything important, is this a case of temporarily outpacing the game, or does the difficulty indeed drop this much with time? Should I restart on a higher level (4 or 5?), or just wait until the current game becomes hard again?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public troll no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: September 17, 2024, 04:06:14 pm »
What is the difference between workers and slaves?

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: September 17, 2024, 05:31:30 pm »
What is the difference between workers and slaves?

The former get paid, the latter don't.

Offline Rokksta

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: September 21, 2024, 03:04:35 pm »
What are the benefits of the gals are superior path? Reading through the files it seems to it only unlocks recruiting hands, early warriors, and shakeup ceremony???

Compared with cats 4 life which among others gives crazy good nekomimi weapons and fighter craft mid-game it sounds kinda weak if thats all??
Cats are faster and deadlier than gals, but they are squishy. A Gal can take a rocket in the face and survive, your cats will all die.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: September 21, 2024, 03:54:17 pm »
I got the Ripper (the small chainsaw, that I think it doesn't do much as a demolition instrument) in a recent run and that remind me to ask....

... Besides the Pickaxe, the Spiked mace, Mr Handy, the Fusion Torch and the Hammer, which NON obvious weapons can be used for demolition? Example, strong enough to open the Escape Tower shuttle door? I mean, something with higher terrain % damage, not just pure damage

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: September 21, 2024, 07:15:30 pm »
Medical Slicer, Ax, Bardiche, Iron Rod, Barbaric Ax...

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
  • Purveyor of Medicinal Snake-Oils since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: September 21, 2024, 07:40:38 pm »
What is the actual [VooDoo] stat composed of?

The one as used in some calculations, like the Voodoo Rod's To-Hit?

Is it ([Voodoo power] + [Voodoo Defence] + [Voodoo Skill])? Or something like [Voodoo Power] x [Voodoo Skill]? The latter would make most sense because it's nearly always multiplied by small decimals when used (like x 0.004), but I can't find confirmation of that anywhere I look, and it doesn't seem to be on any of the tips.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 07:47:45 pm by eharper256 »

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: September 21, 2024, 07:56:47 pm »
it doesn't seem to be on any of the tips.

Tip #081

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: September 21, 2024, 08:04:00 pm »
Tip #081
Nah, that's accuracy for things like Mind Control and Panic.

What I'm after is, say in Mind Knives, the wiki states the damage is
0 + 💃VooDoo×0.004 + 💪Strength×0.15
What is the pure VooDoo element here? Power x Skill?

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: September 21, 2024, 08:12:50 pm »
VooDoo = Voodoo Mastery. Also, read the description of the VooDoo School facility.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2024, 08:17:07 pm by Delian »

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: September 21, 2024, 08:20:47 pm »
VooDoo = Voodoo Mastery. Also, read the description of the VooDoo School facility.
Aha! I missed the bit about mastery on school, guessing that's it. Thankyou. :)

That does mean my guess was correct (or maybe I did subconsciously take it in at some point, who knows lol).  ;D

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: September 22, 2024, 05:55:50 am »
Medical Slicer, Ax, Bardiche, Iron Rod, Barbaric Ax...

Oh snap! Never knew about that one! If someone else has another hidden demolisher of terrain speak up! Thanks, Delian!

PD: Since the last update with the radar range extension, there's more viable starting countries... Any suggestion on those? Or a link to the starting bonuses? Opinions? I like to read, that's all

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: September 22, 2024, 10:12:21 pm »
PD: Since the last update with the radar range extension, there's more viable starting countries... Any suggestion on those? Or a link to the starting bonuses? Opinions? I like to read, that's all

When I started out with XPZ, in the first few runs I placed my first base in Eastern Europe.

Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that that usually put those crucial early game traffic and their common landing points JUST out of radar range, usually in former UK and elsewhere. Kept placing my first base in the middle of former USA since then.

The radar update might make those more viable again.