Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033943 times)

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3630 on: December 08, 2022, 02:59:48 am »
Dojo provide the service "Dojo", while the revolution HQ don't.
I think only events use this service, but maybe I'm wrong.

Otherwise, it change nothing in terms of the maximum stats a gal can get via training.

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: December 16, 2022, 03:17:45 pm »
I don't understand why before each start of the battle the weapon in the inventory changes, and not the one I chose earlier

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 16, 2022, 04:09:30 pm »
There is a new option: Apocalypse-type equipment, on by default.
If it is on, equipment is saved in base soldier inventory screen (opened from soldiers list, not craft). Changing equipment pre-mission does not save it. Not sure about base craft inventory screen.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: December 17, 2022, 09:25:36 pm »
About the Apoc-style equipping:

In my recent experience I found that managing soldier inventory via the Base Soldier inventory to be buggy: Sometimes the changes do not save, sometimes they revert to what the soldiers had months ago, sometimes not recognizing that I have items on the "ground" in the first place unless I have them in excess.

Equipping soldiers via the Craft Inventory (in geoscape, not during battle start), on the other hand, so far has been bug-free for me and working as intended.

Not sure what is so different between the Inventory in Soldier Screen and the Inventory in the Craft Screen that leads to such different results.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:27:15 pm by shinr »

Offline Berggen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: December 18, 2022, 01:38:03 pm »
About the Apoc-style equipping:

In my recent experience I found that managing soldier inventory via the Base Soldier inventory to be buggy: Sometimes the changes do not save, sometimes they revert to what the soldiers had months ago, sometimes not recognizing that I have items on the "ground" in the first place unless I have them in excess.

Equipping soldiers via the Craft Inventory (in geoscape, not during battle start), on the other hand, so far has been bug-free for me and working as intended.

Not sure what is so different between the Inventory in Soldier Screen and the Inventory in the Craft Screen that leads to such different results.

It works correctly if you equip your gals in the inventory screen and then you go to the craft and open the inventory screen there to allow the game remember your new loadout.

What  I can´t figure yet is how to fix the duplicated items bug, I know someone did fix it but I don´t know exactly how to do it.

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: December 19, 2022, 12:47:31 am »
are there any ways to effectively destroy enemy bases? I have 15 of them (gray codex. Only new game?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: December 19, 2022, 10:51:46 am »
are there any ways to effectively destroy enemy bases? I have 15 of them (gray codex. Only new game?
Wow!  :o During my last playthrough I have no alien bases at all! Ninja outposts does not counts. And if you are talking about ninja outposts, then this is one of the few missions where nuclear weapons are viable (can be launched from ballista).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:18:31 am by Vakrug »

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: December 19, 2022, 01:03:56 pm »
Oh, I'm sorry, 1 base and 14 outposts, could you explain in more detail how to use nuclear weapons, or are there any guides for destroying bases and outposts?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: December 20, 2022, 11:28:49 am »
Oh, I'm sorry, 1 base and 14 outposts, could you explain in more detail how to use nuclear weapons, or are there any guides for destroying bases and outposts?
Without knowing with what you are struggling, I can only say generic stuff. By "nuclear weapons" I mean https://baturinsky.com/xpedia/##STR_BABY_NUKE. Main guide to destroy outposts is "destroy main turrets before they destroys you". Also you need to break a wall somehow. https://baturinsky.com/xpedia/##STR_GOTHIC_HAMMER can help.

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: December 20, 2022, 02:02:14 pm »
useful information, thank you, I read that the red codex allows you to destroy bases and outposts without starting a battle, but on the globe, is something similar possible in other codexes?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: December 20, 2022, 02:46:28 pm »
I read that the red codex allows you to destroy bases and outposts without starting a battle, but on the globe
WHAT???  :o I wish I have this stuff when played with red codex...

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: December 20, 2022, 04:00:10 pm »
useful information, thank you, I read that the red codex allows you to destroy bases and outposts without starting a battle, but on the globe, is something similar possible in other codexes?

I am 90% this is not true, and possibly a misunderstanding the use of Chinese Dragon.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: December 20, 2022, 09:36:44 pm »
A question due to the impending restart:

What Captain Personality matches with the Golden Codex choice?

Previously I had gone with Jerkass/Triumphant option because the art matched the GC Admiral outfit and because it gave an obvious reward (Treasure Hunting).

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: December 21, 2022, 12:00:05 pm »
What Captain Personality matches with the Golden Codex choice?
Dumbass, Lazy-Ass and Jackass Captain all have Idea: Pride like Gold.
https://baturinsky.com/xpedia/##STR_CAPTAIN_GOLD

Offline Rondano

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: December 31, 2022, 12:42:14 am »
is it possible to recruit vips, maybe a submod? if not, what's the point?