aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033984 times)

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3360 on: February 09, 2022, 12:16:58 am »
Still, you all feel like posting some pictures of your bases?

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: February 09, 2022, 12:24:20 am »
This is how i build my outposts. Fire pits really good. Still want to try gas chambers.

screen1 - Plantations. I will be not to mad if i loose them. It's funny but i managed to defend them against academy with just 1 looted cyberdisk and 2 rookies, it was probably quickest defence i had in whole run. They all just burned in these fire pits. I think if some particular ninjas decide to explode in these pits it will be even faster.

screen2 - There will be warehouses and i dont want any sieges there, hangar will be replaced by 4 more lasers soon.

screen3 - Maybe there will be a factory after some rearrangements, still not decided.

screen4 - Just to give you idea for base with hangars. Outpost should be below fire pit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 12:27:45 am by Requiem »

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: February 09, 2022, 01:48:25 am »
This is how i build my outposts. Fire pits really good. Still want to try gas chambers.

screen1 - Plantations. I will be not to mad if i loose them. It's funny but i managed to defend them against academy with just 1 looted cyberdisk and 2 rookies, it was probably quickest defence i had in whole run. They all just burned in these fire pits. I think if some particular ninjas decide to explode in these pits it will be even faster.

screen2 - There will be warehouses and i dont want any sieges there, hangar will be replaced by 4 more lasers soon.

screen3 - Maybe there will be a factory after some rearrangements, still not decided.

screen4 - Just to give you idea for base with hangars. Outpost should be below fire pit.

These are all very interesting! I particularly like screen4, very nice way to funnel all of them into the fire pits !

Anyone else want to share ?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: February 09, 2022, 03:33:29 am »
@requiem, sadly gas chambers are not particularly useful I've heard:  Pretty much every dangerous or enemy you want to capture in a base defense has choking resist.  Everything burns, though

Here's a jack sparrow setup I tried out.  5 OC radars for early game raid and missile immunity.  excessive prison and vault space for hoes and recon expeditions (the smaller prisons will be built over, though).  Main base has harvester for missions, pachyderm for space missions and landings.  Side base has a car for Bandit warehouse/aircar race, and jetbike for easy early game ships and tailing ships, and a hangar on the way for a blowfish for sea missions.   No dedicated garrison in either base, the extension base just has 2 pilots.

I don't think the radars defenses was worth it, since I needed 10 million before building the second base which meant only 2 hangars for more than half a year, and I had to ransom a bunch of my hoes.  Plus I'll need to raise another 5million for a third base.

On the other hand, that run is still kickin'
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 03:38:49 am by Greep »

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: February 09, 2022, 03:34:58 am »
I actually have crazy idea to make trap-base in the radar range of ninja bases with elevator in one corner and outpost in opposite and just to fill whole base only with fire pits, gas chambers and beast dens. Like, if they want to siege my bases so much, then let them come.  :D

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: February 09, 2022, 05:04:59 am »
Be ware of assassin ninjas. They carry suicide bombs in base invasions that can not be disarmed.

Those bombs suck!! They can't be disarmed but won't explode if a gal picks them up. Probably everyone know that by now, just saying

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: February 09, 2022, 06:17:28 am »
I have to mention that depending on single fire pit for defence is somewhat riskey, as firepits are disabled by strong explosions inside their corridors, so an enemy exploding inside may clear the way for others to pass through

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: February 09, 2022, 08:42:08 am »
Those bombs suck!! They can't be disarmed but won't explode if a gal picks them up. Probably everyone know that by now, just saying
Lol! Guess I'm the last to know! My gals say, "Thank you Fugazza!"

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: February 10, 2022, 03:56:24 am »
How can I make the Whiteworm Mansion Invasion able?

Edit 2/15/22: The answer is to go to the Pirate_Globals.Rul file, search for STARCON_EMANSION, scroll down to allowedCraft (currently line 3990) and overwrite one of the allowed craft with WHITEWORM.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 11:02:58 pm by 2much »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: February 10, 2022, 04:50:57 am »
You don't. You send your Bonaventura, maybe a Turtle or a Pachyderm.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: February 10, 2022, 06:06:47 pm »
I have a question about condemnations.
What means "Repeating it (*) times is required for Third Iron Skull"?

Like "Master of the Weapon_name" - 75 for Third Iron Skull, but that's not that amount for maximum level, it's 500 kills.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: February 10, 2022, 06:53:17 pm »
It tells you the requirement for reaching level 4 of a given commendation. From there the player can intuit the scale of grinding required for high levels, whilst keeping the maximum of level 10 unknown.

Offline LadonLegend

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: February 12, 2022, 09:39:57 pm »
What do you think is the best starting location for its bonuses? I've found that romanica with its weapons and items to sell for cash is nice.

Also, are weed plantations better than regular plantations? I did the math, but I unless I did it wrong, it doesn't really seem worth the hassle.

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: February 12, 2022, 10:05:33 pm »
What do you think is the best starting location for its bonuses? I've found that romanica with its weapons and items to sell for cash is nice.

Also, are weed plantations better than regular plantations? I did the math, but I unless I did it wrong, it doesn't really seem worth the hassle.

I quite like spawning on the southeastern tip of the Iron Tribe. You get a bunch of scrap, in particular 30 pieces of Necroplane Parts. Because you start with knowledge of the Iron Tribe, you can rush the Daredevil aircraft and troll the Thunderbolts that fly around. Not the best for radar coverage of land though.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: February 13, 2022, 12:22:07 am »

I play on Jack Sparrow difficulty, so start now always will be in Theban. 12 cheap and powerful peasants with weapons/armor.
Very helpful on missions, when your starting gals are still healing, and VERY effective against almost any Church units. Also solves problem for early underwater missions.
Penalty in 600 rating in exchange looks like joke.

Plantation makes sense, it you have no other way to get more weed in large amount. Like for Love clinic or for huge amount of Medical supplies.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 12:25:37 am by Earthquake »