Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033421 times)

Offline 2much

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3210 on: November 06, 2021, 06:29:40 am »
Ahh, thank you legionof1!  Decisions decisions  ???

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 07, 2021, 04:50:43 pm »
How do you guys handle ninja bases that are "shooting gallery"?
(ones where you start in the open, without cover, in front of bunkers with various amount of turrets)?
I find them immensely frustrating; as if i stay put and shoot at available targets, ninjas pop up from bunkers (or from behind bunkers, with hover suits) and throw some bombs and decimate me; if i spend my first turn to spread out, I can't suppress all the turrets and get shot to bits; if i rush to bunkers with fusion torches I get blown to bits by BOTH shooting and pop-up grenadiers.
I have heavy suits, Junkmaster armor, recoilless rifles and autocannons, which I thought would fix the problem, but the ninjas garrisoning the bases seem to be extremely beefy (level/HP proportional to game month?), often surviving first hit from recoilless rifle or plasma gun, despite their light armour.
Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 07:19:13 pm by Ruberto »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: November 07, 2021, 11:49:01 pm »
Night time and or smoke can help with a lack of cover. Even with sniper/spotter mechanics it's still -50 on the shot if the shooter themselves cant see the target.  But sometimes the map just isnt any good and you need to just retreat turn 1. Part of learning the game is learning what you can solve with your tools and what you cant.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: November 08, 2021, 04:53:03 pm »
Night time and or smoke can help with a lack of cover. Even with sniper/spotter mechanics it's still -50 on the shot if the shooter themselves cant see the target.  But sometimes the map just isnt any good and you need to just retreat turn 1. Part of learning the game is learning what you can solve with your tools and what you cant.

I tried smoke covers, but I get the same penalties, and ninjas don't really need a lot of accuracy throwing those bombs from half a map away :(

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 08, 2021, 06:17:55 pm »
You can start with grenades preprimed in the loadout screen. Ninjas drop a lot of EMP grenades and they one-two shot their tankier turrets. Smaller ones do pop to kustom guns.
You don't need fusion torches to break their walls, normal hammer works just fine.
A lot of ninjas survive first shots due to having shields. You need to break shield first to damage a wielder. And medics have a ginormous armor on top of good evasion.

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 08, 2021, 07:33:22 pm »
Ninja Bases are still easy enough since they can't really one-shot your tanks and usually not even the armored vehicle. Since you get the first round to take out one or two of their main Turrets (Laser armored vehicle's are sufficient to soften them up for a one round kill). Look forward to the Marsec Gunships with their mobile infantry while still being stuck on mid-tier Lasers and Low tier Plasma if you can't unlock school graduation.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: November 09, 2021, 08:39:53 am »
Thanks for prompt replies everyone :)
One more question on stats:
In the attached picture, gal has some stats with part of the bar in lighter color (for example health is 70 in solid red and 103 with lighter-red).
what does it mean?
The gal is not wounded or refreshing, and it's armour is not affecting Health (https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_TAC_FULL_ARMOR_UC).
So what the lighter-colored stat bar means?

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: November 09, 2021, 11:48:52 am »
Seeing that new recruits seem to lack the bright parts I'd assume it shows the stat growth as compared to the original stats.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: November 09, 2021, 08:14:35 pm »
Thanks for prompt replies everyone :)
One more question on stats:
In the attached picture, gal has some stats with part of the bar in lighter color (for example health is 70 in solid red and 103 with lighter-red).
what does it mean?
The gal is not wounded or refreshing, and it's armour is not affecting Health (https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_TAC_FULL_ARMOR_UC).
So what the lighter-colored stat bar means?

The lighter color is stats gained via XP, the bar without border is bonus from armor and/or commends, an empty bordered area indicates penalties from armor/commends.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 10, 2021, 03:08:34 pm »
Dat name tho ;D

Offline qwertzy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: November 13, 2021, 10:53:59 pm »
I have one question about sky ninjas. I left one of their fortresses alive to get skyforge engineers from ninja missions, but the only thing they ever seem to do is attacks on the local government without skyforge personal. They don't even attempt to expand again (I did get rid of the active fortress fortress that had done the previous expansions, since it was positioned in an area where they frequently disturbed my air travel).
So the questions are:
Do only the smaller outposts start other missions than attacks on the government?
Are there some kind of disabled fortresses?
Is neither the case and I was just very unlucky so far?
Do the Ninjas reset if I destroy the last fortress and try to expand again?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:00:19 pm by qwertzy »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 14, 2021, 09:29:21 am »
Somewhat unlucky, the goverment attack is pretty highly weighted to fire each month, and the other stuff not so much. It's also worth noteing that each airfeild/fortress will only spawn a limited number of outposts and the missions to build them. I think the outposts do not do there own missions just the main bases.

If they do make a new airfeild at some point that base will start it's own cycle, but beyond the inital set its pretty uncommon. 

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: November 15, 2021, 08:57:31 am »
A Research question:
To be able to research Lokk'Naar Demon Gods 
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_GODS_SUMMARY_PREQ2
(needed, eventually, for interceptor assembly),
1) do I need research all the gods or just 1/few?

2) Some techs, say Shadowmasters https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_SHADOWS, are indicated to be gettable from random interrogations
so can I get them without having researched their prerequisite research?

3) If 2) is Yes, is it worth it to spam random interrogations in hope to get it, or the list of random stuff is just so big you better off slugging through normal winded path of research? (in case of shadowmasters, it's researching the gods & spirits, 8 of each and each also being got from semi-random research)

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: November 15, 2021, 04:20:24 pm »
1) iirc one
2) yes
3) List is big, but shadowmaster ships are the critical ones to get into air game, absolutely worth spamming interrogations for. Usually prison is one of my first buildings and I go for capturing 20-25 hoes for the sake of getting the tech.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: November 19, 2021, 01:42:13 pm »
Thanks
Another question concerning missions:
If I do not research Sea operations (or space operations), do I still get Infamy penalty for not doing the missions that would pop up if I would have researched it?
For example, sea operations trigger Devil's riff missions, which have dispawn penalty of 350 iirc, say 2 missions per months for 700 infamy.
if i wouldn't have researched sea operations, would i still suffer -700 infamy / month for the reef missions I didn't see?