Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034939 times)

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3150 on: August 16, 2021, 12:09:05 am »
They respawn until you research unique item which drops there, so you can farm those if you want :)

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: August 16, 2021, 11:57:15 am »
Huh, guess I've been playing this wrong. So me delaying research like winter palace mission or dr x interrogation in order to not trigger these two missions (they are a pain in the ass without hovertanks) were a mistake? Since they will spawn again later if I ignore them, right?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 16, 2021, 04:23:12 pm »
At least the one where you take Dr X prisoner won't spawn endlessly.

Offline Brittanicus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 20, 2021, 04:15:18 am »
What does 'cap'n kid limits' mean in terms of the 'threads of prophecy severed'? I have gotten about midway through a game before and i have followed it in so far as meeting with the desert lady and the prophetic dreams etc.

This time i started a new game a couple weeks back and wanted to stop save scumming so as a compromise i thought i would lower it but it sounds like its much too low and it cuts off progression so i guess i gotta restart? Honestly i don't even know what the difficulty changes regarding gameplay so if anybody could clue me in on that too that would be ideal.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 20, 2021, 05:18:21 am »
the lowest difficulty blocks the desert witch event that serves as a gate to the voodoo branch of the tech tree. The event you encountered was a fluffy way of explaining that fact.

Offline Brittanicus

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: August 20, 2021, 06:55:30 am »
Thanks for that, message could have been a little earlier but at least its something, your post made it sound like it didn't always exist.

Restarted on blackbeard too and it seems like there is more enemies on the map in comparison and they are better equipped does that sound about right? Ironically capn kid may actually have been harder in terms of research items if that is true, i was struggling to find a guild stapler for example for the workshop research. I hope they don't also deal more damage too though and make the player weaker, find that kind of scaling cheap.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3156 on: August 20, 2021, 03:26:57 pm »
You can change your difficulty midgame be opening your save in a text editor and changing "difficulty: 0" to "difficulty: 1" (or higher, up to 4).

Offline hereToReportBug

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 23, 2021, 03:43:51 pm »
I've tried, in two different missions, to capture an hovertank alive, but I couldn't.
Both times was against mercenaries.
Both times I enabled savescumming to check if it was possible, I never got the ZZZ icon, but sometimes the hovertank would go down without a death sound.
In the second attempt I downed a tank with a zapper, which deals zero hp damage, the tank went down without making any noise.
I even reloaded to make sure that it would make noise when killed with lethal damage, and it did.
Both missions I got a wrecked hovertank in the loot screen.

Is this specific to mercenary hovertanks? It should be possible to stun hovertanks because there is a disassembly recipe.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 24, 2021, 11:52:36 am »
That recipe is only there in case someone does manage to stun one for some reason. But you should not be able to do so.

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 25, 2021, 05:00:56 am »
Does the StatStrings mod by ivandogovich still work? The last time it was updated was in 2018 for version 99J1

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6311.msg97212.html

If not, how do you enable statstrings for XPZ?

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 25, 2021, 10:30:17 pm »
Hi I have a few questions:
How to reduce the number of aliens on terror? The month now has 37 alien snakes on a beginner.
It is possible to make it so that the scanners and dogs show all the aliens, and not just the moving people. Because it's useless now!
Is it possible to adapt the trainer to pirates? I use it when I need to find the last alien. But not in this beautiful game. https://openxcom.mod.io/openxcom-trainer

Ps, spent not a single hour parsing the files: Ruleset (Piratez.rul, Piratez_Events.rul etc.)
That's why I'm interested in the mod and the huge universe of the game.

Thank you.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 27, 2021, 04:53:44 am »
Hi I have a few questions:
How to reduce the number of aliens on terror? The month now has 37 alien snakes on a beginner.
It is possible to make it so that the scanners and dogs show all the aliens, and not just the moving people. Because it's useless now!
snip
1) That's not a normal terror if it's snakemen, while it may trigger like one but is a much harder battle by intention.
2) That's vanilla functionality, and i think hardcoded. 

Offline hereToReportBug

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 28, 2021, 01:04:40 am »
That recipe is only there in case someone does manage to stun one for some reason. But you should not be able to do so.
Thanks!

Offline bouchacha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 29, 2021, 07:08:57 pm »
When you sort research by cost, what order is it in? I can't tell if the most expensive is at the top or bottom of the list.

Offline hereToReportBug

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 29, 2021, 11:59:28 pm »
When you sort research by cost, what order is it in? I can't tell if the most expensive is at the top or bottom of the list.
The shortest research times are at the top.