Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1055865 times)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3105 on: June 30, 2021, 11:44:53 pm »
Yeah I know but... I refused to send him on a mission just for that because all noob crews were carefully used & abused to have exactly 25 missions. If I bump one to 26 then all would have need a bump to 30, the next nice number. Well shit, I guess he ain't the only mentally impaired lol.

Btw I'd also like to know more about "Dead Men Looted" negatives. Never bothered to fully understand it since penalty isn't high. I just assumed it simply applies to all civvie-looking enemies (non-faction members like Sharp Girls, Fat Guys, etc). Maybe Hoes are non-Bandits so they count as civilian?

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 01, 2021, 09:43:22 pm »
Each unit has a different positive or negative score value associated with it. Usually civilians, local govt forces, and mutant alliance members give negative score for being killed, but some other units do as well. Hoes are typically associated with the bandits faction but give a negative score upon being killed. Altar Boys and Shrine Maidens also give negative score despite being of the Church. You can check all of them with the wiki, maybe analysis as well but I don't know.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 02, 2021, 04:19:57 am »
I kill all of them anyway if I don't want to use them. Like -2 to -5 per enemy isnt bad and tends to balance out. You can get alot of those deaths on Bandit Town missions and im like - thats where I pull out mortars and bombard. Just look at the commendations for blowing away gobs of enemies.

If your resulting score was near 0 then its like you didn't go on a mission, but you gained lots of stuff for it. Still not a bad thing. Ive rarely ever gone negative total for successfully finishing a regular mission, and when its happened its like -50 to -150.

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 05, 2021, 03:53:42 am »
I got this best party ever mission.. With ghost gals. I presume it's not supposed to be like this? Pretty unwinnable situation since all your gals have is dinky little party dress and their fists. Ghosts can be pummeled to submission with enough perseverance but there are lots of them and they get up quite fast, so..

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 06, 2021, 12:24:27 am »
It a rare outcome but intended. There are a couple weapons lying around the map if you look carefully to help when its ghosts or zombies.

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: July 06, 2021, 02:29:20 pm »
It a rare outcome but intended. There are a couple weapons lying around the map if you look carefully to help when its ghosts or zombies.

Given the mass of ghosts around, going combing over the place for weapons if a bit iffy if you don't know where they are. I only found drugs in the ground floor.

You can get Zombies also? With the number of spawns your gals would be dead meat in no time without serious firepower.

I simply used reload-spell..

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 07, 2021, 12:49:20 pm »
Zombies was removed. The weapon you need is a quarterstaff laying on the floor in the basement. As a ranged weapon, the quarterstaff can be used to bash ZZZZzzz ghost gals into nothingness, so you can take yOur time and not have your oponents get up.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: July 10, 2021, 10:47:17 pm »
Given the mass of ghosts around, going combing over the place for weapons if a bit iffy if you don't know where they are. I only found drugs in the ground floor.
Best weapon at parties IMO is actually the Molotovs in the garage on the ground floor. Send someone to get the pool que (ahem, quarterstaff) next to the pool table. But also send a couple gals to grab up the Molotovs... before the NPCs grab them and burn you with em.

Often I dont want that many captures. So ill pile up like 3-6 unconscious NPCs near each other and set them on fire with the molotov (SIZZLE) and having actual Deaths recorded for the mobs makes it more likely they'll surrender before you have to hit all of them.

Somewhere there's a Ball Bat and NPCs will usually find it for you. There's a Crowbar next to the molotovs but its not all that effective of a weapon (high miss chance).

Against Ghosts?
The Fire damage might help, I dunno.

I really wish Parties used the Sneaky condition so that you could at least bring a pocket las-charger or small revolver.

Actually this map is Bugged because there is no Exit Grid.
If you roll Ghosts or Bogeymen and cant handle it you lose your gals and ship, so a player is just gonna reload the Geo save prior to it and skip the mission. Even on Supermutant mode having to play through up to possibly 10 days of Geoscape can be an okay tradeoff to keep veteran gals.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 10:52:26 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 14, 2021, 05:10:26 pm »
Is there any reason not to go with slavery? Except being reprehensible institution? You can recruit prisoners as workers (I can imagine how that conversation goes) instead of turning them to slaves outright.

When you're cozy enough with the gnome bank, they'll give you a slavemaster, does that actually make slaves superior to workers?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 14, 2021, 09:04:47 pm »
No reason to avoid slavery. No upper limit to how many you can have.
Workers require dollaros for monthly upkeep while slaves do not. Workers become ideal as short term storage resolver as you can purchase them eventually. Slaves vary in usefulness and take awhile to accumulate but quickly overpower workers in every category. They are also used for some advanced storage mechanic much later on so you'll be able to write off all Storage facilities in your Hideouts completely.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 15, 2021, 06:48:08 am »
snip
 They are also used for some advanced storage mechanic much later on so you'll be able to write off all Storage facilities in your Hideouts completely.

I wouldn't say completely since the numbers needed is somewhat impractical but at least a few bases can work this way. 

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:13 am »
able to write off all Storage facilities in your Hideouts completely.
Well I dunno about that, you might be able to order tons of taskmasters from the bank, make drone herders out of them. But the stuff for the drone herder is pretty pricey. I guess some of the components could simply be bought (slave AIs for the optronic parts, to make the integrated devices, and so on). But it sounds like a painful stony road to walk on, obscene amounts of runt hours.
And you need some storage for workshop space anyway.
Factory bases rarely have Industrial Printers too since it takes up sooo much space.

Has the Living Quarters issues been fixed yet?
AFAIK the most dense living arrangements are Luxury Quarters and they're still only 40 per tile.
The Factory can have hundreds of runts but you can't really put that many runts in a base.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 16, 2021, 12:04:19 pm »
It's viable, no question about it. Helps to know so one can plan ahead with base roles. Storage buildings can be written off to free plots for better buildings. Mechanics of it is genius imo. Road is made of cobblestone but there are smooth parts during down-time in gameplay with not much to do. When you are done it becomes autobahn though. Slave AIs are the largest bottleneck and relatively pricey, after those come Taskmasters. But both are very manageable. Even so, storage is solved long before Herders. I only made those to have something to do in GEO while I waited other things, they are not really necessary but I like nice things.

Luxury aren't broken so they won't be fixed. Maybe if more people complain...? You are the only one besides me lol. I've made them provide 50 and whole mid/late-game immediately became "fair and balanced"TM ;)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 19, 2021, 03:30:50 am »
Yay I just shot down my first Dominator but ive got to say conquering the mobs therein was rather a straightforward slaughter. Went in with an Assault bike and Hovertank (coulda been 2 bikes frankly though)... one carrying a Barrel Bomb set to go off immediately, which killed most of the eridans on the 2nd floor... the other with a Satchel Charge that took out more baddies.
(both vehicles have over 300 TU to make it to target)
SPECIAL DELIVERY

Meanwhile everyone outside pretty much had long range or sniper and there was a mortar girl too. Only damage anyone took was some HP from a lucky snake carrying a Canister/Fire.
It really is a harder encounter for the Air Combat than the Tactical... thats why ive never really tried it before.

Unrelated...

Actually wondering WTF the use is of EMP minibombs and maybe the (laughably oversized) EMP grenades. They do almost nothing to my hands OR vehicles... and they do almost nothing to badguys or enemy HWPs. Maybe in the new version that changed but im not upgrading until im ready for a new game.

Should I just sell them?

I think occasionally they do some chip damage to somebody, but like, a fire minibomb is far more effective than that.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 19, 2021, 03:54:25 am »
Emp main attraction is that it ignores 80% of armor and does massive additional stun so it is easier to take heavy units intact. However the downside is units that have stun immunity like robots since it does not have, stun ignore:true tag. It's also a dmg type that most heavy units have more limited resistance too.

The tracked npc tank chassis for example is stun immune but will still take an average of 94 dmg from an emp minibomb, compared to concussive of similar power where it takes nothing at all due to 20% better resist and less armor pen.

Armored cars are however more immune to EMP at 65% resist, and most power armor infantry is 50%, unarmored at about 80-90% resist.