aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034880 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2895 on: March 14, 2021, 02:14:17 am »
Okay why not... Lets see what I can steal and then I can just boogie out of there.
Saw the telltale signs of a Base Establishment with I think several gunships and that Cruiser (og battleship) coming in. AND FIND OUT that there's already a base there and they're planting one right next to it...

AIRSPEEDER and 3 Hands
And I Cracked that Cruiser without all that much good stuff either
(Stormy, Night Ops armor, Magnums, a Grenade Launcher I didn't use)
I did bring a captured Heavy Laser and RPGs just in case.
I had to kill the Guildmaster but at least I captured the Rep and an Engineer (used rayguns and melee shot denial to lower his shields, then Lasered in the back several times)

Thing that makes this a question is the questionable multiple overlapping air patrol radiuses. The gunship(?) detected the Speeder before it got to the landed Cruiser, and the nearby Base didnt launch a fighter. But end of mission my craft is then in Returning mode... thankfully nothing attacked it considering that the gunship was already in pursuit before the mission.

But funny behavior - the gunship then Landed in the same place the mission was rather than continue pursuit.

Also og question since I killed the Cruiser does that mean the new Base got cancelled?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 14, 2021, 03:53:18 am »
all the ufos in a base building mission have a chance to cancel the mission when killed, but the cruiser has the biggest chance. if the mission is canceled all the ufos immediately despawn and the base will not be built

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 14, 2021, 09:41:54 pm »
Hmm so the fact I still kept seeing ufos flying around means it could still be there. Dunno which type (name) it is but there were like 4 of them with active radar, they use the same map as the og supply ship but in XP they seem to be
combat ships.

I just got grand total about 3600 points from these ships (!) - each using my Airspeeder. I have 4 guild reps because of it. Because of the Cruiser, and then these ships kept landing so I just kept going after them, it was pure greed, there was so much loot I kept having to ship it to my storage base. But because of the active radar I had to finish mission not just land and take off.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 15, 2021, 01:23:47 am »
all the ufos in a base building mission have a chance to cancel the mission when killed, but the cruiser has the biggest chance. if the mission is canceled all the ufos immediately despawn and the base will not be built

I was under the impression that it still worked like in vanilla UFO where the cruiser merely showing up already builds the base.  In here, it has to land first?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 15, 2021, 03:51:19 am »
That still applies but the mission cancel overrides the "success" of reaching the final wave. Cause the cancel deletes the mission as if it was never started. Even if it progressed to the sucess state if you then wipe the whole mission away it not gonna do the fianl check at the end of the mission, causes the mission no longer exists.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: March 15, 2021, 10:59:55 pm »
Well I scouted around and hovered and didn't find a new base, so I guess I nailed it. I might check the save file and delete it if its there.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: March 16, 2021, 07:27:57 am »
Remember someone asking before but can't find it: is there a weapon/tool that would train V.SKILL up from 0 value, but for non-Gal soldiers?
For Gals "Powers of Seduction" did the trick but others can't wear that outfit (Lokks and regular Humans).
Wish to avoid VooDoo facility training method if possible.

While on the subject "experienceTrainingMode" would be a useful search parametar in online pedia.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: March 16, 2021, 01:08:23 pm »
Wands of X all train skill.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: March 16, 2021, 09:35:22 pm »
But from 0? I'll try with Firebolts & Pain which I haven't used yet. Although Airlessness & Peace (Rod of Hellfire too) never triggered increase from 0 in over 1000 tries. If they fail as well last ditch effort is trying every last available item with "experienceTrainingMode : 26". Something to do while preparing for Mars I guess. Grrr I'd be over 2 months ago if these annoying little goals just stopped popping up in my head.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: March 16, 2021, 09:55:15 pm »
So in April of my first campaign, I just discovered how tough Zombie Troopers are.
Meh... Zombie Troopers can be taken out with Melee and thats how you're supposed to do it. Hence also the armor peeling animation as he's cut in twain. If you dont have 1 super cool melee gal you use the Running command with 3 melee gals and tear him apart.
Good weapons like Axes or Tech Cleavers can be collected by then. And if you're making tools & blades the Barbaric Axe and Barbaric Sword should always be in your ship in case of solving problems like these. Battleaxe is a hidden gem to that set. And well, they dont do overkill damage, so if you dont mind 13-15TU attacks its a sure bet on anyone else too.

"They're taking their time right behind my back..." - White Stripes, Seven Nation Army

Its delightful seeing a power armored goon like a marsec bodyguard or raider firebat going down with a solid red flash from a single axe strike.

The trick is running, but now that even the android OXCE has Run commands it puts the fun back into melee.

Offline amjh

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: March 16, 2021, 10:13:50 pm »
Remember someone asking before but can't find it: is there a weapon/tool that would train V.SKILL up from 0 value, but for non-Gal soldiers?
For Gals "Powers of Seduction" did the trick but others can't wear that outfit (Lokks and regular Humans).
Wish to avoid VooDoo facility training method if possible.

Based on my understanding of the mechanics, armors that boost Voodoo ability break the check that normally prevents leveling up Voodoo without basic training. At least, that's how earlier exploits around it worked.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: March 17, 2021, 03:27:37 am »
As promising as it sounded it appears it's no longer working.

If it did work as explained outfits with VP/VS buffs would cover all my VS training needs without using facility but quickly found out VP-only don't work. VS buff outfits are so rare only 1 exists (RAVENCLAW) and is restricted to Damsel/Peasant, so Lokks and Slaves couldn't be used to train VS above 0. However even that didn't work. Sad face. At least Greater Mage's Hand provided some amusement.
SAINT is the only other VP+VS buffed but both hands are occupied with other experience type weapons so even it did work there's no way to do it. Besides VS facility but too late to cba building one now.

Thanks anyway, I wouldn't have thought of trying that. Will try last few VP/VS training stuffz before calling it quits.

Offline Blazen

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: March 18, 2021, 12:13:25 am »
Doesn't the betrayer commendation give voodoo skill, I'm sure I've used that to get off of 0 voodoo skill before.
Just buy yourself some dogs and some double barrelled shotguns and the next time your on a map with some barns you should be sorted.  ;D

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: March 18, 2021, 01:03:22 am »
End justifies the means eh, damn son. Unfortunately losses are unacceptable for me :-X (and Betrayer debuffs kinda suck)
but
Thanks to you I went through all other condemnations and found few better candidates:
Warlock
Puppetmaster
Battlemage (looks best, includes half of MAGITECH stuff; Wand of Pain levels Warlock too)
Succubus
Never even occurred to me VS could be leveled up that way. Fingers crossed it works.

UPDATE: Apparently, since OXCE 7.0, it is no longer possible to level up V.Skill from 0 via combat experience alone. All armor and soldier bonuses are ignored. Only soldiers with at least VSK of 1 can gain further XP via combat, meaning a Voodoo School facility is required to get things going. SOURCE.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 12:12:47 pm by Nilex »

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 18, 2021, 04:57:45 am »
Meh... Zombie Troopers can be taken out with Melee and thats how you're supposed to do it. Hence also the armor peeling animation as he's cut in twain. If you dont have 1 super cool melee gal you use the Running command with 3 melee gals and tear him apart.
Good weapons like Axes or Tech Cleavers can be collected by then. And if you're making tools & blades the Barbaric Axe and Barbaric Sword should always be in your ship in case of solving problems like these. Battleaxe is a hidden gem to that set. And well, they dont do overkill damage, so if you dont mind 13-15TU attacks its a sure bet on anyone else too.
I’m pretty far behind, sound like. Haven’t seen a tech cleaver yet, I did have a few axes. This month, I have gotten Tools, and made a few battle axes. And the brainers just complained about not having personal labs yet, so I guess I need to work towards them.  The barbaric ones are the 2-handed ones, I suppose? Making a couple of them might be a good emergency tool to have.